Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: C.C. Rolls / Down goes The Pope!

Who are the guys that keep commenting about how far HS hockey has fallen? If your kid is doing so well at a prep school or with a full season team, just be happy and let the HS kids play. Unless...

Anon
Who are the guys that keep commenting about how far HS hockey has fallen? If your kid is doing so well at a prep school or with a full season team, just be happy and let the HS kids play. Unless...
Soooo, people aren't allowed to discuss NE hockey on a NE Hockey discussion board unless it's about the level their own kid plays at?

It would get pretty quiet here...

anon
Anon
Soooo, people aren't allowed to discuss NE hockey on a NE Hockey discussion board unless it's about the level their own kid plays at?

First of all, it is pretty quiet around here. And about 1/4 (or more) of the posts are about how bad HS hockey is. You don't think there's someone out there from one of the junior leagues posting to advance their agenda? I mean, I get that the trend for the top end players is away from MIAA hockey, but does every game thread have to include a post about how bad the game play was?

anon
anon
Anon

First of all, it is pretty quiet around here. And about 1/4 (or more) of the posts are about how bad HS hockey is. You don't think there's someone out there from one of the junior leagues posting to advance their agenda? I mean, I get that the trend for the top end players is away from MIAA hockey, but does every game thread have to include a post about how bad the game play was?
Agreed. My son now plays MA High School hockey and loves it, We enjoy watching it, hes getting better..its the right place for him for now.

anon
anon
Anon

I assume the posts by people talking about how bad the game play is are disillusioned parents that kept their kid in HS hockey. Who else would have seen the game?

And every time someone tries to discuss local Junior hockey, cockroaches crawl out and just say it sucks. Have no facts or evidence, haven't actually seen a game. And when people provide facts and evidence they just say it sucks louder.

It's the nature of the boards. 95% negative.

Popes coach sent both of his kid to prep..just sayin

Can't imagine coaching my own kids in high school hockey....just sayin'

anon
Can't imagine coaching my own kids in high school hockey....just sayin'
*cough* *cough* McEachern *cough* *cough* Amonte *cough* *cough* Donato

No matter the sport or the school it is the same everywhere. Perfect example...Central Catholic has a group of older kids who are doing their coach a favor by sticking around this year to win the Super 8 allowing the coach to continue to benefit financially as he fills up his private skating skills program at Merrimack College. In return he promises these kids spots on Junior Teams like the Islanders where he has an affiliation. MA High School Hockey at its highest level is about 1 thing...you pay, you play, period!

anon
No matter the sport or the school it is the same everywhere. Perfect example...Central Catholic has a group of older kids who are doing their coach a favor by sticking around this year to win the Super 8 allowing the coach to continue to benefit financially as he fills up his private skating skills program at Merrimack College. In return he promises these kids spots on Junior Teams like the Islanders where he has an affiliation. MA High School Hockey at its highest level is about 1 thing...you pay, you play, period!
It isn't *his* private skating skills program, MC benefits as much as anyone. But, KB is a good teacher and developer of talent. Sorry if your kid couldn't get his notice.

For every one “developed” talent there are 100 others making donations with false promises. You obviously are one of these fools who believe in giving your money away. KB only develops those who help him develop his own wallet!

Hold on isn’t it a little early to talk about who will win the Super 8... these are still 15, 16 and 17 year old kids and you never know who is going to show up from one night to the next.

anon
But wait, isn't that the point an earlier poster was trying to make? Coaches should do more to help their players achieve their goal of playing college hockey? So now we're knocking a coach for doing just that?

The point is he is only willing to develop the players who pay him $3,000 per year to attend his private training and coincidentally those are the same kids who make one of 3 teams at Central Catholic, most of those kids will never see the ice in a varsity game. Wake up, you’re lucky if 2 out of every 100 kids go on to play college hockey but this guy and others just like him have parents chasing a ghost! These coaches need to start helping kids because it is their job not a way to line their pockets.

Anon
The point is he is only willing to develop the players who pay him $3,000 per year to attend his private training and coincidentally those are the same kids who make one of 3 teams at Central Catholic, most of those kids will never see the ice in a varsity game. Wake up, you’re lucky if 2 out of every 100 kids go on to play college hockey but this guy and others just like him have parents chasing a ghost! These coaches need to start helping kids because it is their job not a way to line their pockets.
Go grind your ax somewhere else. Dynamic's Max Hockey has way more prep kids than CC and MC kids combined, and they don't make any promises - because they have nothing to promise. JMcL, KB and TF knew where my kid was going to go. That didn't mean they didn't give him 110% of their effort.

You know the kids that get shorted? The ones whose dads are dicks.

Guess what that makes you?