Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jan 16 Super 8 predictions

Interesting development in the D-1 h.s. hockey. A few years ago it was predicted the catholic schools would recruit players squishing out the publics and having their own Super 8 / Catholic Conference championship and just the opposite seems to have happened. The Catholics now lose the kids to juniors and preps, the publics have kids that either can afford to leave or their second sport might be hockey so they stay and the gap actually has appeared to get smaller, not wider. Overall it seems high school hockey is going through what town hockey went through 10-12 years ago, last one turn out the lights.

:white_frowning_face:

Anon
Wow. Franklin impressive at #5. But who besides St Mary\'s have they played? Malden Catholic is a shell of itself this season and based on score, it seemed like Franklin struggled with them. Any idea if it was an even game, or was there a large disparity of play?
I was at that game. MC held the play for a majority of the game. Franklin's lone goal came on a bad pass when MC was on the PP. I believe MC had 40+ shots, however, they do not have that dominant scorer this year. That kid that can pick where he wants the shot to go. Even though shot total was high, I can't remember one spectacular save the Franklin goalie had to make. Everything was right into his body. Could Franklin be this year's "Walpole" where strength of schedule, or lack thereof, gives them a shot at Super 8?

Watched Franklin in the D-I finals a couple years ago and they had an impressive defensemen playing. Does anyone know if the kid kept playing?

Dmen initials are KM, plays @ Dexter now

Good for him, I hope he keeps moving along. Interesting too I sat with a USHL scout at that D-I championship game with Franklin a couple years ago and he was high on the kid - a bit raw but could play - and the guy mentioned some of the kids every year in the D-I game are better than the kids in the Super 8. He pointed out the Franklin kid and he said the year before a Hingham kid might have been the best defensemen in Mass including prep kids. So yeah high school hockey is fading overall but there are still kids who can play.

Anon
Watched Franklin in the D-I finals a couple years ago and they had an impressive defensemen playing. Does anyone know if the kid kept playing?
Thanks Dad!

Hardly. I knew his # was in the 20's that's all I could recall.

Equipment Manager
Hardly. I knew his # was in the 20\'s that\'s all I could recall.
Then it wasn't KM.

Then is was TO, # 22