Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Andover hockey coaches

its very easy to 'have fun with this'. but we are talking about a coach's (actually 3) career or life long dream crushed by 'someone'. the Lawrence Eagle-Tribune is doing a good job of keeping up. they reported that they have seen four receipts to Panera on the day in question that was turned in by the coaching staff for reimbursement (by the boosters). this calls into question one of the two allegations. the team manager (who's job it is to fill the water bottles) stated they were available at practice. calling into question the second of the allegations. further the HC has now hired an attorney. several current and former parents are coming forward in support of the coach (named, quoted and published). they cancelled tonight's game and tied a weak team on Thursday. i understand 'facebook' is blowing up with all kinds of who and why this was done.

as a coach i am deeply troubled the issue was not brought forth to the school first. why? going to the school would require the person to be identified and lead to a meeting between the school (AD & principal), the HC and the person complaining. been there done that more than once. if it is playing time related it usually ends there (admin is very coach supportive) other issues tend to lead to corrective action on the coaches part. but using DCF is anonymous and requires no proof. what it does is ties the administrations hands - they have no real choice but to suspend the coach/staff until the DCF investigation is complete. so what prevents a person before a big game --- say the state finals from filing a complaint on an opponent.

i suppose this is just the natural progression of certain parents not getting their way then realizing they can't change teams (as they did in the youth years) so they do this.

remember this the next time you say 'hs coaches are -----'

So the real question remains, where was Cap A throughout this whole fiasco? THIS was her chance and she blew it.

Anon
So the real question remains, where was Cap A throughout this whole fiasco? THIS was her chance and she blew it.
Well said, Kemosabe!

Anonymous
Anon
Well said, Kemosabe!
She's the one that called it into DCF.

Shocking that there's politics in MIAA hockey. I would love to see the six page letter the Superintendant sent to the coach when his kid got benched a couple of years ago. Six pages! Did he use a crayon?

Anon
I believe her Ghostbuster mobile broke down on her return back from her last great adventure to save the children. While wandering she through the great wasteland of Aurora, IL she met the ghost of Jim Morrison and has not been heard from since.

So we are in agreement - Parents are soft...

https://turtleboysports.com/sources-aspiring-country-singer-scott-nichols-is-the-overzealous-parent-who-called-dcf-on-the-andover-hockey-coach/

I have no choice but move to Nashville at this point...

So can someone explain to me what 'Turtle Boy Sports' is? Barstool for the North Shore? Barstool wanna be?

Blogger/Investigative guy/barstool extra light

Anon
Hey, Ma! The meatloaf! We want it now! The meatloaf!

Anon
Anon
Hey, Ma! The meatloaf! We want it now! The meatloaf!
F***...I never know what she's doing in there...

https://turtleboysports.com/andover-superintendent-shelley-berman-lied-about-4th-place-big-10-finish-turns-out-he-was-a-fencer-who-won-a-freshman-certificate-and-rode-the-bench/

Thus thing is nutz—what is in the water in Andover....no pun intended..