High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: HS Playoff Picture?

Anon
Anon
OK - Back to reality. Here are the top 12 from the Globe.

1. Central Catholic 16-0 1
2. BC High 12-3-1 2
3. St. John’s Prep 8-3-3 4
4. Pope Francis 11-2-3 3
5. Hingham 7-3-5 6
6. Burlington 14-2 7
7. Franklin 12-1-3 9
8. Austin Prep 10-5-1 5
9. St. John’s (Shrewsbury) 9-3-3 13
10. Arlington 9-4-2 8
11. Wellesley 11-2-3 11
12. Newburyport 10-1-5 16
Replace Franklin with St Mary's. Hingham destroyed Franklin on Monday,proving that Franklin is not a Super8 team. Yes, I know Franklin beat St Mary's, but that was at the beginning of season. St Mary's would handle them easily now.
Franklin is there based solely on their record...

Anon
Anon

2. BC High 12-3-1 2
4. Pope Francis 11-2-3 3
5. Hingham 7-3-5 6
6. Burlington 14-2 7
7. Franklin 12-1-3 9
8. Austin Prep 10-5-1 5
10. Arlington 9-4-2 8
11. Wellesley 11-2-3 11
Replace Franklin with St Mary's. Hingham destroyed Franklin on Monday,proving that Franklin is not a Super8 team. Yes, I know Franklin beat St Mary's, but that was at the beginning of season. St Mary's would handle them easily now.
Hanover is 15-0-1 and should get consideration. They would beat Hingham.

anon
Anon
Anon

2. BC High 12-3-1 2
4. Pope Francis 11-2-3 3
5. Hingham 7-3-5 6
6. Burlington 14-2 7
7. Franklin 12-1-3 9
8. Austin Prep 10-5-1 5
10. Arlington 9-4-2 8
11. Wellesley 11-2-3 11
Replace Franklin with St Mary\'s. Hingham destroyed Franklin on Monday,proving that Franklin is not a Super8 team. Yes, I know Franklin beat St Mary\'s, but that was at the beginning of season. St Mary\'s would handle them easily now.
Hanover is 15-0-1 and should get consideration. They would beat Hingham.
Not so sure about that but I would like to see that game.

Get real. Hanover would lose by 4-5 goals against Hingham. That little D-2 / D-3 schedule Hanover plays is a laugher - Scituate, Pembroke, Plymouth South, Rockland. These D-2 teams talk a big talk until they actually see the difference with their own eyes. If you're that good then why didn't you schedule games against D-1 teams like Hingham does? Hingham is a D-2 or D-3 school who plays a D-1 hockey schedule. Heck those Catholic Conference teams would love to play a team like Hanover - pad the stats baby.

Yeah I never understand these marginal teams that wish for a Super 8 bid only to get spanked in the play-in game and sent home with their tails between their legs. Win the state title in the division you're in and enjoy the end of the season.

anon
Yeah I never understand these marginal teams that wish for a Super 8 bid only to get spanked in the play-in game and sent home with their tails between their legs. Win the state title in the division you're in and enjoy the end of the season.
i hate to interject facts: the super 8 play in losers go on to their respective D tournament as the number 1 seed.

And 90% of the time the play-in losers never make it past the semi's. The kids all have this 'we're soooo good, we don't belong here' attitude and it sinks them

Too funny. And according to the locals, the best team in Hingham's hockey program history a few years ago didn't even get the big Super 8 invite. And the kids couldn't care less about it.

That's true, the best team they've had but it was more of a mistake at the MIAA level. Beleive it or not the MIAA committee does get it wrong. HAHAHAHA:blush:

anon
Get real. Hanover would lose by 4-5 goals against Hingham. That little D-2 / D-3 schedule Hanover plays is a laugher - Scituate, Pembroke, Plymouth South, Rockland. These D-2 teams talk a big talk until they actually see the difference with their own eyes. If you're that good then why didn't you schedule games against D-1 teams like Hingham does? Hingham is a D-2 or D-3 school who plays a D-1 hockey schedule. Heck those Catholic Conference teams would love to play a team like Hanover - pad the stats baby.
Hanover does play D1 schools - the beat Duxbury by two goals (4-2) while Hingham beat Duxbury 3-0. Problem is D1 schools have nothing to gain by playing D3 - if they win they are supposed to, if they lose its embarrassing. Just ask Weymouth who played Norwell a few years ago and lost handily.

I'm sure they'll get consideration they just won't get in-that joke of a schedule outweighs their record

Thanks Captain’s dad. Yeah, we know your kid is the captain and getting points. Congrats. Stop pounding your chest and yappibgvin the parking lot while you gas those Coor’s Lights before every game. They are a legit D2 or D2 team but certainly not a D1 team. Enjoy the ride story boy.

are you for real

When does the season end and they announce the teams? Do they not announce the D1 games until the Super 8 play in or does the losing team just get a D1 bye?

I would assume the D1 tourny starts 3/2, right?

Yup my kid is at a public HS...

Let me take a stab at it.

Teams with a better than .500 (or more than 50% of the available points actually) record qualify for some post season play in their respective division - so they know when they make it or not.

The 10 teams selected for the Super 8 are selected in a dark room with no windows in the basement of the MIAA HQ. Brilliant local hockey minds vote to assemble the 10 teams who make the tourny. The bottom 4 teams, 7-10 play a 'play-in game' to narrow the field to 8. The play-in losers drop down to their respective D-1 tournaments in the North of the South (and traditionally they proceed to win a game or two and flame-out never making it to The Garden).

The 8 remaining teams play best two out of three format to continue to the championship game.

For specific dates look at the lackluster MIAA website under 'hockey.'