Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: HS Playoff Picture?

I'm sure they'll get consideration they just won't get in-that joke of a schedule outweighs their record

Thanks Captain’s dad. Yeah, we know your kid is the captain and getting points. Congrats. Stop pounding your chest and yappibgvin the parking lot while you gas those Coor’s Lights before every game. They are a legit D2 or D2 team but certainly not a D1 team. Enjoy the ride story boy.

are you for real

When does the season end and they announce the teams? Do they not announce the D1 games until the Super 8 play in or does the losing team just get a D1 bye?

I would assume the D1 tourny starts 3/2, right?

Yup my kid is at a public HS...

Let me take a stab at it.

Teams with a better than .500 (or more than 50% of the available points actually) record qualify for some post season play in their respective division - so they know when they make it or not.

The 10 teams selected for the Super 8 are selected in a dark room with no windows in the basement of the MIAA HQ. Brilliant local hockey minds vote to assemble the 10 teams who make the tourny. The bottom 4 teams, 7-10 play a 'play-in game' to narrow the field to 8. The play-in losers drop down to their respective D-1 tournaments in the North of the South (and traditionally they proceed to win a game or two and flame-out never making it to The Garden).

The 8 remaining teams play best two out of three format to continue to the championship game.

For specific dates look at the lackluster MIAA website under 'hockey.'