email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 15u split season

Anon
go to a charter school or move to a better town....
I'm with this guy. You know, some of us have bright kids but don't want them growing up with the prep experience. And we're not all trash either. The way I'm seeing things unfold, many of the kids going the prep route would probably be better off at another school, but they are told that prep is the best route to college hockey by people that don't necessarily know them or have their best interests in mind.

anon
Anon
I'm with this guy. You know, some of us have bright kids but don't want them growing up with the prep experience. And we're not all trash either. The way I'm seeing things unfold, many of the kids going the prep route would probably be better off at another school, but they are told that prep is the best route to college hockey by people that don't necessarily know them or have their best interests in mind.
Care to elaborate on that one?

Prep school isn't for everyone, but by the time your kid is that age, you know whether your kid will do well in that environment or flounder.

Also, every prep school is different. Some are very regimented, some very flexible. You have to choose the right school for your kid. But, that doesn't make "the prep experience' bad if someone didn't choose wisely.

What are the negatives you're hearing about "the prep experience?" Kids are kids, some will get in trouble no matter where they go, but I know a LOT of prep school families, and I don't know a single one that thinks they made a bad choice - with respect to the academic and cultural experience.

Anon
anon
Anon
Care to elaborate on that one?

Prep school isn't for everyone, but by the time your kid is that age, you know whether your kid will do well in that environment or flounder.

Also, every prep school is different. Some are very regimented, some very flexible. You have to choose the right school for your kid. But, that doesn't make "the prep experience' bad if someone didn't choose wisely.

What are the negatives you're hearing about "the prep experience?" Kids are kids, some will get in trouble no matter where they go, but I know a LOT of prep school families, and I don't know a single one that thinks they made a bad choice - with respect to the academic and cultural experience.
Just what you said. Prep school isn't for everyone, including many kids that could handle the rigorous academics. That's all I'm saying.

Anon
Majority of prep hockey stinks. Watch next year as EVERY promising 02 and 01 have left. There are a few good ones left, but soon to be extinct.
Congrats on the most idiotic statement on the Dboard in a while. Prep probably has 50+ kids committed to D1 colleges right now. Thats more than MIAA, NCDC, TIer 1, USPHL times 5 around here.

anon
Anon
Majority of prep hockey stinks. Watch next year as EVERY promising 02 and 01 have left. There are a few good ones left, but soon to be extinct.
Congrats on the most idiotic statement on the Dboard in a while. Prep probably has 50+ kids committed to D1 colleges right now. Thats more than MIAA, NCDC, TIer 1, USPHL times 5 around here.
There are 24 in the 2001 birth year alone.

Moe Acee (Avon Old Farms/St. Lawrence)
Cade Alami (Berkshire/Providence)
Malik Alishlalov (Westminster/UConn)
Alex Aslanidis (Avon Old Farms/Providence)
Ignat Belov (Westminster/UConn)
Lynden Breen (New Hampton/Maine)
Nick Capone (Salisbury/Maine)
Sam Colangelo (Lawrence/Northeastern)
Liam Connors (St. Sebastian’s/BU)
Mark D’Agostino (Gunnery/UConn)
Braden Doyle (Lawrence Academy/BU)
John Farinacci (Dexter/Harvard)
Briggs Gammill (Berkshire/Yale)
Cody Hoban (Loomis/Dartmouth)
Chase McInnis (Dexter/Northeastern)
Ben Meehan (Dexter/UMass Lowell)
Arlo Merritt (Kimball Union/Ohio State)
Derek Mullahy (Dexter/Harvard)
Jimmy Rayhill (Gunnery/Cornell)
Joe Sharib (Cushing/Union)
Arseni Smekhnov (Salisbury/UConn)
Jayden Struble (St. Sebastian’s/Northeastern)
Ilya Usau (Salisbury/UConn)
Cade Webber (Rivers/BU)

Hopefully you're aware that Prep kids are required to play a sport all three seasons. Then there's that pesky homework/study thing.

The only U15 teams I know are formed for Nattys.

nothing has changed LOL

Anon
Not from the area
My son going to prep school next year

Can someone give me a run down of the 15u split season teams in the area

What programs are good. Who should we avoid. Best coaches.

Are these teams already picked?

Thanks
Simple question, simple answer:
Top U15 teams/organizations - MA

Whalers
Eagles
Rats
Not bad:
NEFP
Flames

Top U15 teams/organizations - CN
Yale
Mid Fairfield
Selects

anon
Anon
Not from the area
My son going to prep school next year

Can someone give me a run down of the 15u split season teams in the area

What programs are good. Who should we avoid. Best coaches.

Are these teams already picked?

Thanks
Simple question, simple answer:
Top U15 teams/organizations - MA

Whalers
Eagles
Rats
Not bad:
NEFP
Flames

Top U15 teams/organizations - CN
Yale
Mid Fairfield
Selects
CN? Isn't that the abbreviation for China?

Oh, and the question was from February. Pretty sure OP's found something by now.