Comment
Waltham 1 - Central Catholic 0

Great win for the Hawks!

Re: Waltham 1 - Central Catholic 0

Yawn

Anon
Yawn
I only follow MIAA a tiny bit, but it's a big deal when an undefeated gets knocked off this later in the season.

Peaked to early ???

A loss after being undefeated will make this team realize they are not all that and need to work hard every game. You need to score to win games and the goalie is a huge part of this team as one of the best in the state. MC outplayed them and had 4 breakaways and out played them but their goalie is the difference for this team or they would have 5-6 losses easily. Hopefully they can regroup and make a run at the Super 8 road to the Garden.

The CC goalie does not perform well in tight or big games. He allows soft goals just like the one Arlington scored from behind the net at the Garden in the Super 8 finals last season. He is over-rated even the breakaway last night, a big time goalie makes that stop and engergizes the team instead he was lazy with the glove and everyone quit in the last 8 minutes.

Maybe the Waltham goalie can make the jump to prep like the Walpole goalie if last year....

Anon
Maybe the Waltham goalie can make the jump to prep like the Walpole goalie if last year....
Thanks Goalie Dad...I doubt it....He got lucky...He didn't:smirk: :smirk: win the game...CC lost the game...Plain and Simple...

ANON
Anon
Thanks Goalie Dad...I doubt it....He got lucky...He didn't:smirk: :smirk: win the game...CC lost the game...Plain and Simple...
Yeah the locals still talk about the Patriots last two Super Bowl ‘wins’ when it was really the other two teams giving the game to them too.

anon
The CC goalie does not perform well in tight or big games. He allows soft goals just like the one Arlington scored from behind the net at the Garden in the Super 8 finals last season. He is over-rated even the breakaway last night, a big time goalie makes that stop and engergizes the team instead he was lazy with the glove and everyone quit in the last 8 minutes.
Hard to blame the goalie in a 1-0 loss!

I haven't seen the CC goalie for awhile now but he is very good. Bad goals, soft goals happen. Sneaky goals, pucks with eyes happen. Sounds like he has been very dependable all year and. Perhaps the ice has been tilited in CC's favor but still has given his team a chance every game.