Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Super 8 #1 Seed Central Carholic O-U-T

It was a great win for PF taking advantage of the Central Catholic Goalie who gave away another big game! Last year Arlington scored on a goal from behind the net and this year 4 goals on 18 shots and 2 of the goals were soft. Happy for a hard working PF Team!

Wrong players on team bad coaching friends and family stay away

anon
It was a great win for PF taking advantage of the Central Catholic Goalie who gave away another big game! Last year Arlington scored on a goal from behind the net and this year 4 goals on 18 shots and 2 of the goals were soft. Happy for a hard working PF Team!
blaming the goalie for 4?!? #4 was an empty net. if you are going to sling it (i assume you also posted same on the other CC thread), at least get it right.

oh, the two prior meetings central scored 3 (both 3-1 wins), where was the offense?

this also diminishes the effort of the Pope team.

That’s the point, you know they are going to be tight games and soft goals demoralize a team, which is exactly what happened last night. It should have been 1-1 late in the third, the CC goalie did not give them any chance to win.

anon
That’s the point, you know they are going to be tight games and soft goals demoralize a team, which is exactly what happened last night. It should have been 1-1 late in the third, the CC goalie did not give them any chance to win.
I did not see the game but the goalie is certainly not the problem! Maybe he did not have a good game but he was MVP of that team ( and the league for that matter) and had a really good season. Sometimes the team has to bail out the goalie. Two goals scored in the last two games!! Seems like they have trouble scoring against the better teams. I think CC's biggest problem is playing in a weaker league that does not prepare them for the comparative grind of the Super 8

Anon
anon
I did not see the game but the goalie is certainly not the problem! Maybe he did not have a good game but he was MVP of that team ( and the league for that matter) and had a really good season. Sometimes the team has to bail out the goalie. Two goals scored in the last two games!! Seems like they have trouble scoring against the better teams. I think CC's biggest problem is playing in a weaker league that does not prepare them for the comparative grind of the Super 8

exactly. my team was knocked out 2-1. and while the 2 should have been 0 (aren't all goals preventable at some point) in the end scoring 1 is rarely going to get it done.

I was at the game. The CC goalie wasn't the issue. Maybe he should've had the SHG that gave PF the 2-1 lead. But the 1st goal was when a forward was left untouched in the crease and the 3rd goal was on a 3-1. CC generated little to no pressure on PF's sketchy goaltending.