Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Woburn Last Night

I know they were playing short handed, 5 on 3 , in a tied State Tournament Game with like 5 minutes left. Someone would have had to have been decapitated for me to make that call.

anon
What incident occurred during the Austin Prep - Woburn girls game last night? Heard the Austin coach lost it but no one I have spoken with knows why does anyone know what happened
Yes. It was crazy. Up high crosscheck trainers had to go on the ice. Head coach of AP was NOT happy. Threw her water bottle and marker at the refs after the game. Poor sportsmanship & sad to see my old school act in such a way.

The coach must have done Shot Put in HS, she got great distance with the water bottle she tossed on the ice.

AD and Headmaster do not have the guts to do anything to her. 2 yrs in a row she has been out coached when the games matter.

Cougs123
anon
What incident occurred during the Austin Prep - Woburn girls game last night? Heard the Austin coach lost it but no one I have spoken with knows why does anyone know what happened
Yes !!! It was crazy. Up high crosscheck trainers had to go on the ice. Head coach of AP was NOT happy. Threw her water bottle and marker at the refs after the game. Poor sportsmanship & sad to see my old school act in such a way.
Doesn't surprise me and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Isn't AP head coach the director of the IHC girls division? She should call RG. Maybe he can buy all the refs too so she can get her way. Great lesson to teach your girls SW...embarrassing.

Not a surprise with her (SW). The kids act like the coach. AP Headmaster may want to change the tweet from last night about playing with class. Class is the last thing I would use to describe her. Three of the letters belong though.

Maybe she should follow her own words with "losing gracefully and how to exhibit true sportsmanship." and influencing her girls. You don't want to "pass along" your real sore loser values displayed in Woburn. Below is an excerpt from the Lowell Sun interview when SW was hired by AP...

"I want to make this program one of the top programs in the state," Wood said about Austin Prep's varsity team. "I'm a very driven and competitive person and I want this program to be the best."

Wood said there is more to coaching hockey than teaching skills. The sport teaches you how to be a competitor, how to both win and lose gracefully, and how to exhibit true sportsmanship. These are lessons she hopes to pass along to the young Cougar team.

"Hockey has been a huge part of my life since age 5," she said. "When I was young, I didn't realize how much hockey would influence my life skills down the road. Now as a coach, I hope to pass along these same values to my upcoming young players.

Read more: http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_22555501/ap-coach-wood-has-long-resume#ixzz59gvB1wZO

I stood on the glass near a group of Islander and Austin Prep parents. Lets just say no one was impressed with the scene the head coach was causing. Her initial flip out came with plenty of time left on the clock but all her players were staring at her screaming and throwing a marker onto the ice after the goal. Very disappointing to see from an adult in that situation. If you want to take a look go to Woburn public access tv as they video taped the game.