Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: U15

Full season or 1/2 season?

Anon
Any U15 teams out there w/o a Daddy coach - that still has openings?

U14 was a nightmare with a set of Daddy coaches (and their kids) that my son wants to get away from.
Lovell programs tend to not have Daddy coaches at u15 but if you are looking for full season the ship has mostly sailed given billets and other top prospects who have already locked in. Plus you are looking at 70 game schedule and about $6000-7000

I'm sorry, did you just say a 70 game schedule for U15???
For the love of God, what are you people doing?!?!?!

curious...
I'm sorry, did you just say a 70 game schedule for U15???
For the love of God, what are you people doing?!?!?!
You cant get through to the Blue Kool Aid drinkers at Lovells. They are brainwashed that full season U15/U16 are worth it. Kids miss school all the time - travel all out midwest to get it handed to them for the most part (since really good players play prep at that age around here). But the checks cash. Lovells doenst have anymore kids go on to the next level than any other program out there. Just the facts.

Sorry your kid got cut. Take a look at the rankings before making judgements.both BA and Giants FS teams do well and yes, better kids from town programs and CC play there. Go watch a practice and game before bantering on. With an exception of one bad team this year (BA u16) all had winning records, won a few tough tournaments and faired well against tough talent. BA u15 and 18’s are studs, Giants a new good org at older levels. Both play a ton so if you want to spend more money for less ice and worse competition go for it.

Anon
Sorry your kid got cut. Take a look at the rankings before making judgements.both BA and Giants FS teams do well and yes, better kids from town programs and CC play there. Go watch a practice and game before bantering on. With an exception of one bad team this year (BA u16) all had winning records, won a few tough tournaments and faired well against tough talent. BA u15 and 18’s are studs, Giants a new good org at older levels. Both play a ton so if you want to spend more money for less ice and worse competition go for it.
Please get out of the Hingham bubble...saying the U15's and U18s are studs is embarrassing.

Every kid on the U15 BA team is better than every kid their age playing public HS. FACT. Go watch a game in the midwest (LC, HB, CM, VH, FM...) and you will be introduced to real hockey.... and if you don't know those teams by initials you don't know the real hockey world....

Sorry your kid plays for a crappy town HS team, gets a couple of practices a week and plays 30 games a year....enjoy...

Where are the billets coming from? At 8th/9th grade, where are they going to school?

Anon
Every kid on the U15 BA team is better than every kid their age playing public HS. FACT. Go watch a game in the midwest (LC, HB, CM, VH, FM...) and you will be introduced to real hockey.... and if you don't know those teams by initials you don't know the real hockey world....

Sorry your kid plays for a crappy town HS team, gets a couple of practices a week and plays 30 games a year....enjoy...
So "studs" are kids that are better than public HS players? How many U15 would be playing prep right now? None? Wow. All the best U15 kids are playing in prep or even CC against kids 3-4 years older not playing U15 against other u15s. How many kids are committed on the U15 and U18s? Out of those 40+ players I believe 1 has a commit - thats worth all that money?

The hidden cost here is the massive travel.

Tuition and travel exceeded $20k for most playing full season.

You're all in for over 20K. Net.

anon

Tuition and travel exceeded $20k for most playing full season.

You're all in for over 20K. Net.
Massive cost + missed school = for what? To play in front of 20 parents instead of their entire school?

anon
anon

Tuition and travel exceeded \$20k for most playing full season.

You\'re all in for over 20K. Net.
Massive cost + missed school = for what? To play in front of 20 parents instead of their entire school?
All gross exaggerations. My kid did BA. Missed 5 - 6 Fridays of school. Travel was Detroit, Chicago, Detroit, NJ (bus), Phila (bus), Minneapolis. 4 Jet Blue plane tickets ($2,000 max) + inexpensive hotels with rooms split 3 ways ($1,000 max) + inexpensive meals ($1,000 max). That's $4,000 max to play against the top Midget talent in the country.

If you choose to go with him that's a personal choice. They will mind your kid.

Anon
anon
anon

Tuition and travel exceeded \\\$20k for most playing full season.

You\\\'re all in for over 20K. Net.
All gross exaggerations. My kid did BA. Missed 5 - 6 Fridays of school. Travel was Detroit, Chicago, Detroit, NJ (bus), Phila (bus), Minneapolis. 4 Jet Blue plane tickets ($2,000 max) + inexpensive hotels with rooms split 3 ways ($1,000 max) + inexpensive meals ($1,000 max). That's $4,000 max to play against the top Midget talent in the country.

If you choose to go with him that's a personal choice. They will mind your kid.
Plus what you pay Lovell to play on the team. Still closing in on $10k.

First....check out #3 on BA's U15 team. Already committed to BC and yes, would rip it up at a local prep. ALL of them are begging for him to go there. That team plays u16 so yes, him playing against the best u16's in the country is BETTER for his development than prep.

6k tuition, 4k travel, you are correct. It's about 10, maybe 11k.

Go watch a local HS game. Play in front of a few drunk and stoned kids or scouts? hmmm...super tough choice....:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As far kids developing.....every year kids get recruited off u16, now u15 teams to go to play prep. 3 kids were taken off my sons team this year, all got great deals. My son has 1 more year of u16 and already has 2 preps looking at him and actually in favor of him playing another year of u16 then come to them. He's also a good baseball player so that helps.

My point is, if he played HS he wouldn't have the options he may have.

Oh yeah, and most important point. It's his choice, not mine. He loves club...the benders who can't catch a pass? Not so much.

Anon
First....check out #3 on BA's U15 team. Already committed to BC and yes, would rip it up at a local prep. ALL of them are begging for him to go there. That team plays u16 so yes, him playing against the best u16's in the country is BETTER for his development than prep.

Go watch a local HS game. Play in front of a few drunk and stoned kids or scouts? hmmm...super tough choice....:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As far kids developing.....every year kids get recruited off u16, now u15 teams to go to play prep. 3 kids were taken off my sons team this year, all got great deals. My son has 1 more year of u16 and already has 2 preps looking at him and actually in favor of him playing another year of u16 then come to them. He's also a good baseball player so that helps.

Oh yeah, and most important point. It's his choice, not mine. He loves club...the benders who can't catch a pass? Not so much.
You are delusional if you think a kid on BAu15 would rip it up on prep - he may play a few shifts in prep. The BA U15's played U15 not U16. BA has a U16 team. Still no matter how you look at it - prep has 115 committed to colleges. BA has 1. At least BA has 1 more than the publics!

anon
Anon

You are delusional if you think a kid on BAu15 would rip it up on prep - he may play a few shifts in prep. The BA U15's played U15 not U16. BA has a U16 team. Still no matter how you look at it - prep has 115 committed to colleges. BA has 1. At least BA has 1 more than the publics!
Who cares who has more commits at 15 or 16..Have you watched these young ones in prep this year, none stood out, had to be placed on a line with older stronger kids and just try not to get killed. A few were put on the PP just to get the feel for Prep hockey, but 5 on 5 they were terrible. Most of the older commits looked the part, strong, mature, but these younger guys didn't shine as bright as first thought. Most will decommit in a year or 2 anyway. Let your guy have some fun and worry about the college scene once they are dominating their own age group, never mind kids 2 or 3 years older.

anon
Anon

You all are missing the point which is why the moneymakers continue to get rich. Let the kid be a kid. High School comes around once in your life. The weekends are meant to be hanging with friends not travelling on buses or planes. There's time after local high school to do a PG year or take a "gap" year and go play Full Season 18U. My son was recruited by and accepted at 2 Preps; both wanted him to reclassify as a junior. He wasn't originally seen at his HS games but rather during the summer tournaments - Chowder Cup, CCM, etc. The coaches came to some of his games this year and my son was excited about the idea of being "wanted". But as the HS season continued he realized he wanted to finish out his career with the kids he grew up playing with. You would think he was from Minnesota! But maybe that state has the right idea - stay with your community. While not originally happy with his decision I came to realize that it's his life and he has to be happy. Talk to your son and find out what he really wants to do as opposed to what you want him to do.

Anon
anon
Anon

You all are missing the point which is why the moneymakers continue to get rich. Let the kid be a kid. High School comes around once in your life. The weekends are meant to be hanging with friends not travelling on buses or planes. There's time after local high school to do a PG year or take a "gap" year and go play Full Season 18U. My son was recruited by and accepted at 2 Preps; both wanted him to reclassify as a junior. He wasn't originally seen at his HS games but rather during the summer tournaments - Chowder Cup, CCM, etc. The coaches came to some of his games this year and my son was excited about the idea of being "wanted". But as the HS season continued he realized he wanted to finish out his career with the kids he grew up playing with. You would think he was from Minnesota! But maybe that state has the right idea - stay with your community. While not originally happy with his decision I came to realize that it's his life and he has to be happy. Talk to your son and find out what he really wants to do as opposed to what you want him to do.
My son wants to spend his weekends hanging with teammates and traveling on buses and planes.

Follow your own advice instead of preaching how other people's kids should spend their time. My kid is different from yours.

Know your stuff buddy. BA u15 actually played in 16 divisions. BA has 2 teams in u16 leagues. BA u15 won u16 ECEL and win u15 states for Mass. they would easily beat any public D1 HS and give most Preps a good game and beat the weaker ones. Try going to watch a game every once in a while outside of your kids crappy D2 high school game

Anon
Know your stuff buddy. BA u15 actually played in 16 divisions. BA has 2 teams in u16 leagues. BA u15 won u16 ECEL and win u15 states for Mass. they would easily beat any public D1 HS and give most Preps a good game and beat the weaker ones. Try going to watch a game every once in a while outside of your kids crappy D2 high school game
This is why people laugh at BA parents - saying they could beat prep schools is laughable. The kids on that U15 team wouldn’t even make a decent prep team.
Tam.

Anon
Anon
This is why people laugh at BA parents - saying they could beat prep schools is laughable. The kids on that U15 team wouldn’t even make a decent prep team.
Tam.
I gotta agree with you. BA u15's beat the Springfield Pics u15's 2-0 and lose to the NH Avalanche u16's 2-0 ( Both Good teams for sure but....)and now they beat every D1 HS team in Mass and many Preps? I think people like to feel better about their choices. Certainly a very good team but lets reign it in a little. Humility...

PICS don’t have a u15 retard

Anon
Sorry. I meant U15 Rifles. Quick to throw around an insult instead of researching it. If you had taken a minute you would of realized there was validity to what I was saying and seen that I mistakenly written down the wrong Springfield team.

BTW, that is not the kind of word a well adjusted adult would throw around. Clearly, you are trash.

Anon
Anon
Sorry. I meant U15 Rifles. Quick to throw around an insult instead of researching it. If you had taken a minute you would of realized there was validity to what I was saying and seen that I mistakenly written down the wrong Springfield team.

BTW, that is not the kind of word a well adjusted adult would throw around. Clearly, you are trash.
Nope, hes a trooper.

sorry you are so sensitive. my bad. moron.

Maybe you should go watch BA 15s play, like your Prep coach did all year :facepunch: :facepunch: :facepunch:

Most every player on BA recruited to play Prep either last year or this year and declined offers

And yes BA would beat most if not all Mass HS teams and some Preps, with the exception of the Avon's, Salisbury's, KUA's, Cushing's, etc.

MA HS schools and NE average Preps wouldn't be able to keep up with their speed, skill, puck possession, and depth

Preppy
Maybe you should go watch BA 15s play, like your Prep coach did all year :facepunch: :facepunch: :facepunch:

Most every player on BA recruited to play Prep either last year or this year and declined offers

And yes BA would beat most if not all Mass HS teams and some Preps, with the exception of the Avon's, Salisbury's, KUA's, Cushing's, etc.

MA HS schools and NE average Preps wouldn't be able to keep up with their speed, skill, puck possession, and depth
Your precious BA u15's can hardly keep up with the decent U16 and TOP U15 teams, so please just stop!!

Yes, they are very good and talented but the middle of the road Preps and better CC teams have their kids on SS u16 & u18 teams that are nationally ranked. So please just stop it.

dude get out of your Mass Hockey bubble and take your son to a Tier I Elite league game. SSK U16 and U18 full and split season teams suck not even top 80 in the rankings.

Anon
dude get out of your Mass Hockey bubble and take your son to a Tier I Elite league game. SSK U16 and U18 full and split season teams suck not even top 80 in the rankings.
SS= Split Season not SSK

Anon
2017-09-03 20:30 Springfield Rifles 15U AAA ICENTER 3 - 2
2017-09-04 08:30 Connecticut Elite 15U AAA Cyclones Arena 2 - 1
2017-09-29 Boston Advantage (Full) 16U AAA Pilgrim Skating Arena 1 - 2
2017-11-11 08:50 Valley Jr Warriors 15U AAA New England Sports Center 2 - 0
2017-12-10 08:00 New Hampshire Avalanche (Full) 16U AAA Spurrier-Snyder Rink 0 - 2
2017-12-10 13:00 Connecticut Elite 15U AAA Spurrier-Snyder Rink 2 - 4

These u15 teams are ranked between 40-50 in the nation. U16 teams 75-95 in the nation and you think they could compete with middle of the road prep teams. Ok good luck.

Delbarton lost to Dexter school 3-2 in ot then lost to Pope Francis 3-0. Delbarton lost to Brunswick 3-0. Beat BC high 1-0 ( Early in season when BC high had a losing record)

Prep Is clearly better than CC and most games will not be that close. Those are two Prep tourney teams to provide context.

FS is very good and a great way for development but PUHLEASE don't say that U15 Tier one is superior. It is not!!!

Anon
Anon
2017-12-10 08:00 New Hampshire Avalanche (Full) 16U AAA Spurrier-Snyder Rink 0 - 2

These u15 teams are ranked between 40-50 in the nation. U16 teams 75-95 in the nation and you think they could compete with middle of the road prep teams. Ok good luck.

Delbarton lost to Dexter school 3-2 in ot then lost to Pope Francis 3-0. Delbarton lost to Brunswick 3-0. Beat BC high 1-0 ( Early in season when BC high had a losing record)

Prep Is clearly better than CC and most games will not be that close. Those are two Prep tourney teams to provide context.

FS is very good and a great way for development but PUHLEASE don't say that U15 Tier one is superior. It is not!!!

It's my way or the highway, god dammit!

Anon
Anon
Anon

FS is very good and a great way for development but PUHLEASE don\'t say that U15 Tier one is superior. It is not!!!

It's my way or the highway, god dammit!
dude get out of your Mass Hockey bubble and take your son to a Tier I Elite league game.

Yup, It's probably me. You keep writing those checks to fly out to the midwest as opposed to playing at BC High or Thayer. That is if your kid could make the team. Which he probably could not.

I've watched Dexter a few times this year. Some talent, but like most Preps or CC's, a few good players, a bunch of over-rated ones, and even a few who shouldn't be there. They skate 4 lines and have a few kids that are 17.5 year old Sophomores. Small, fast, but not a ton of impact to the game. If Dexter plays NJ Avs, Compuware or Belle Tire's U18 teams they lose by 5 goals every day and 3 times on Sunday. Sorry, that is the reality. If they play the top U16 FS Tier 1 Elite league teams, it will be a close game, toss ups in some cases, but would likely lose to Team Wisconsin, Chicago Mission and Honeybaked.

Not saying Dexter isn't good, what I'm saying is don't fall for the hype of connected players. Dexter currently has 1 player with a potential future. The others that are "committed", come on now. They are the kids linked to the south shore ex-NHL'er who coaches his own kids to ensure they make a team and leverages contacts to get his kid "committed". How's it working out for his older boy? He's an embarrassment to his current team. The younger one? Not going the BC route means he likely won't play a shift at NU. No daddy to help him. The other "commit" on Dexter? Interesting. Came from the same Kings team playing for the same daddy coach. Watch his game closely. Good player with a loooongg way to go to play at the next level. He's also a 17 year old Soph.

My point? Congrats they go to and play at a great school. If a kid isn't in the USHL at 17 or 18 this day and age, forget it. JR is a 99. IF he was so good he would be out of Dexter by now.

Just be realists folks. Prep hockey ain't that great anymore.

Anon
I've watched Dexter a few times this year. Some talent, but like most Preps or CC's, a few good players, a bunch of over-rated ones, and even a few who shouldn't be there. They skate 4 lines and have a few kids that are 17.5 year old Sophomores. Small, fast, but not a ton of impact to the game. If Dexter plays NJ Avs, Compuware or Belle Tire's U18 teams they lose by 5 goals every day and 3 times on Sunday. Sorry, that is the reality. If they play the top U16 FS Tier 1 Elite league teams, it will be a close game, toss ups in some cases, but would likely lose to Team Wisconsin, Chicago Mission and Honeybaked.

Not saying Dexter isn't good, what I'm saying is don't fall for the hype of connected players. Dexter currently has 1 player with a potential future. The others that are "committed", come on now. They are the kids linked to the south shore ex-NHL'er who coaches his own kids to ensure they make a team and leverages contacts to get his kid "committed". How's it working out for his older boy? He's an embarrassment to his current team. The younger one? Not going the BC route means he likely won't play a shift at NU. No daddy to help him. The other "commit" on Dexter? Interesting. Came from the same Kings team playing for the same daddy coach. Watch his game closely. Good player with a loooongg way to go to play at the next level. He's also a 17 year old Soph.

My point? Congrats they go to and play at a great school. If a kid isn't in the USHL at 17 or 18 this day and age, forget it. JR is a 99. IF he was so good he would be out of Dexter by now.

The problem is, you think kids go to Prep school ONLY for hockey. You don't get it, and thats ok. Where does your kid play that is so superior to the Prep route?

I know 5 players in the Dexter team. All are there for Hockey and to leverage the network to progress their hockey careers. Save the education speech as none are paying really anything to go there.

Anon

Why is Culver Academy and SSM #1 & #2 in the country for u18 but still win or lose close games every time.

I do agree though the gap has narrowed between prep and u18 eve with the better USPHL teams. Look at the Northwood( juniors team plays u18 in usphl) scores. Same Northwood team splits with SSM most every year.

10k for 65 games in the two best leagues in the country or 50k for prep and play 40 games against teams that have teachers for coaches🤔🤔🤔

Anon
10k for 65 games in the two best leagues in the country or 50k for prep and play 40 games against teams that have teachers for coaches🤔🤔🤔
50K? Who pays 50K? Brainwashed much.

Sticker price advertised is between 40-60k. If you live in a town with crappy schools then I guess I could understand . I can’t see paying 150k for a HS education and to have your gym teacher on the bench coaching . I will pass

Anon
Sticker price advertised is between 40-60k. If you live in a town with crappy schools then I guess I could understand . I can’t see paying 150k for a HS education and to have your gym teacher on the bench coaching . I will pass
Funny, my kid was working out at a local public HS track today and said "I would harm myself if I had to come to a school like this every day." I asked why, he said it looked like a factory.

Last week he said our public HS looked like a prison when we had to be over there for Drivers Ed.

Both of these schools are considered strong academic schools with modern facilities.

The pluses of a Prep School education go way beyond hockey.

Oh, and they don't have "gym class" at Prep schools, therefore no "gym teachers." The hockey coaches are all very well paid - to coach hockey. And to teach the occasional class or work in some other support role. But they are hoickey coaches first and foremost.

Anon
Anon
Funny, my kid was working out at a local public HS track today and said "I would harm myself if I had to come to a school like this every day." I asked why, he said it looked like a factory.

Last week he said our public HS looked like a prison when we had to be over there for Drivers Ed.

Both of these schools are considered strong academic schools with modern facilities.

Oh, and they don't have "gym class" at Prep schools, therefore no "gym teachers." The hockey coaches are all very well paid - to coach hockey. And to teach the occasional class or work in some other support role. But they are hoickey coaches first and foremost.
Thanks Thurston.

Most prep schools have become overrated. My son heading that route, I'm just honest about it.

Anon
Most prep schools have become overrated. My son heading that route, I'm just honest about it.
If you are watching Brooks vs BBN, I agree. If you are watching Salisbury vs KUA it is **** strong! Anything in between is still very good.

Anon
Anon

Did he also complain about all the "city kids" hanging around? I'm sure his prep school is proud to have such a fine young man.

Anon
Anon

nice to know the apple won't fall from from the tree when it comes to being pretentious and insufferable.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Funny, my kid was working out at a local public HS track today and said \"I would harm myself if I had to come to a school like this every day.\" I asked why, he said it looked like a factory.

Oh, and they don\'t have \"gym class\" at Prep schools, therefore no \"gym teachers.\" The hockey coaches are all very well paid - to coach hockey. And to teach the occasional class or work in some other support role. But they are hoickey coaches first and foremost.
nice to know the apple won't fall from from the tree when it comes to being pretentious and insufferable.
Grew up poor, now I'm not. This is better.

Sorry your portfolio got cut.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Funny, my kid was working out at a local public HS track today and said \\"I would harm myself if I had to come to a school like this every day.\\" I asked why, he said it looked like a factory.

Oh, and they don\\'t have \\"gym class\\" at Prep schools, therefore no \\"gym teachers.\\" The hockey coaches are all very well paid - to coach hockey. And to teach the occasional class or work in some other support role. But they are hoickey coaches first and foremost.
Grew up poor, now I'm not. This is better.

Sorry your portfolio got cut.
People like you put the 'D' in DBoard.

Thanks for your honesty...looking for 1/2 season anyway...