High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mount St. Charles

He took the day off!!!!

Last week, Mount had an athletics meeting with the parents of current student-athletes. During that talk they indicated that the dorms will be constructed by August 20th, a tight timeline. We will see by Labor Day how the construction went. As for the hockey recruits, they indicated that they have signed 40 out of 80 players over the four teams. Not sure of the breakdown of each team and no specific names were mentioned. Stay tuned..

Another meeting tonight...Complete $h** $how...Most of the "Alleged" new recruits are in U18, which is a bit surprising... then U16 and a few in U15 and U14...They did mention dorms should be ready for school start...which is a wait and see to be honest...It was booked to be a meeting about all athletics, but hockey program was predominately being discussed...new coaches still haven't met with the current HS team players which is pretty pathetic...there were a few current Mount players at the meeting asking questions about tryouts, but weren't given any answers...probably because none of the coaches were in attendance to give answers...No tryouts for any of their national teams have been listed internally...No players names have been mentioned for any of the new teams...just that "International" players were coming to the program....Dumb and Dumber were leading the meeting...complete morons:laughing: :laughing:

No matter what as long as AT has those 2 bafoon ADs this thing seems like it is doomed to fail. They will cause many non hockey academy kids to transfer out which will hurt the bottom line. I woudnt trust them organizing a game of jacks or twister let alone a high school athletic program.

If they had good athletic leadership I would trust them more but all of this seems shady and a lot of buzzwords being thrown around.

80 kids offered. But only 2 are current players. Fact. One 16 and one 18

Beautiful picture of the new MSC rink on twitter this AM @MtStCharles

That was funny.

Got access to some of the names that have signed. Not sure on all the hype. Some local Rhode Island kids that are not good. Will be tough few years.

I kept this one from Jan. Hope the tool that wrote is still out there. I know your mad your kid was not asked to play at Mount. "A few rough years" good call. 15's and 16's will be in the top 10 in the country. Love to hear from ya...toolbag

My understanding that South Kent and MSC both are recruiting AAA hockey players (strong hockey players). Do not care about grades, attitude etc. Most parents that have put the money into hockey want more hockey so prep hockey is out. To me, Pens Elite, MSC and Shattuck have realized that there is a ton of money to be made and providing some room and board and making sure these kids don't fail out will give them very good hockey teams. Not sure about what happens to 99.99999% of them when the hockey is over. I would like to think my son has done pretty well in hockey and we decided on prep because of the end result is we could not afford it without his hockey and it should help him get a solid foundation. Kids will come from all over and many different programs. The trick is, is MSC the right fit? My kid needed more hands on deck to help him improve his studies. If you have a great kid who is great in the classroom then why not take advantage of all that high level hockey??

Nothing wrong with Prep hockey. The upper tier team are very good. 70k a year. Go for it

Just addressing all the people drinking the haterade 8 months ago cause their kids weren't able to come to the school. Lots of butt hurt parents in this part of town

The have 1 1/2 very strong lines..Those kids wont stay. Next year will be a different story.

You got it all figured out. You guessing on the 1 1-2 lines? What team you talking about?

^^^The same team your talking about

They have 4 teams toolbag? Oh I get it just posting ****. No facts. You should run president.

Fact. U16 has at least 3 if not 5 kids will be leaving after this year. 2 Kids from Quebec going USHL, Umass Commit going USHL. Ok, Toolbag!

Thanks tips...dont know what I'd do with ya. Ok 16 team is your hot spot. Maybe 7 kids leave. Team is loaded with talent. You think the program goes bust after one year? That team could win natty's this year. The word is out already about MSC being legit and it been 3 weeks.

Now my kid plays on the 15 team but if you think next years u-18 will suck well just read the he posts from a year ago about how it might take 5 years to get off the ground.

You were probably that guy

Angry Much? I'm sure your kid is excelling in the SPED classes offered and enjoying his time at the Holiday Inn Dorm but these poor kids are going to end up playing for a dream they will never attain. Do your kid a favor and get him to a school that at least focuses a little bit on education and real life, and calm down, life is to short to be mad all the time.

Sounds like your kid has to settle for Henricken or Cranston West because he wasn't good enough to hang with kids going places. I didnt know MSC turned into Eastside High with Joe Clark as principal overnight. Keep being a MSC Superfan. You probably have a mount Jersey and wear it to stop & shop on game days like the fat moms.

^^Man I hope your kid is more educated than you are!

Great comeback. Next time I need to where the players on my sons team are headed or who's going to be the next one to commit I'll hit you up.

Keep the dreams of your kid alive in RIIL jv league bro.

Great comeback? You mean like in middle school? Grow up Dad your supposed to be setting an example.

That’s a temporary rink, you dope

Disagree. A rink was promised, a rink was delivered. Look for Double wides to show up soon as dorms. We promised rooms for the recruits.

Some very good players are committing, but the construction/hope and pray aspect has to be slowing things down. Most academies and super-teams are way more than half-committed by Feb 1....so they have a ways to go.

Still mostly locals committing...

From what Im hearing....The U14 team is going to be "Stacked"

they are getting STX68 kids from outside NE (at least for U15), if you value that at all. The difference is at Shattuck and South Kent, the 3rd line and 3rd pair are still impact players that can give you productive minutes. that'll be the key for MSC -can they recruit enough to get good depth.

New rink won't be up for three years. Dorms will not be ready, and Belisle's will be gone, but in five years, you are looking at the Shattuck of the east. Prep School kids will be bailing into the Mount and other schools will be looking to copy this model. Why? Because parents are lapping up all the D1 junk that the EHF/E9/and so called elite programs are feeding them. Also the MIAA and RIIL are destroying high school hockey, therefore, handing Mount and full season teams all the talent. High School Club hockey on its way.

Big meeting Sunday 12-2

Anon
Big meeting Sunday 12-2
What team and level....