Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Split Season U15 , 16 and 18

So not accurate. Talks with the parents of top prep players began last year. Sure, the 3rd line varsity kids and jv players at prep start talking split season after lacrosse but they are also the kids that leave their hockey bags back at school during break. Kills me too because these are also the biggest complainers about ice time. Sorry your kid wasnt included. Some u15 teams have spots, most u16 teams sre put together and if your still looking for a good u18 spots good luck

Anon
My son is at a Prep and they dont talk Split season until after lacrosse season (June). Grow up.
Not true buddy

I guess it depends on how bad teams want your kid. In some cases, you can pick and choose and in others you need to call in for a spot in January.

CCW and pretty much all beast teams are picked. Get on the phone if you were told there would be tryouts

anon
CCW and pretty much all beast teams are picked. Get on the phone if you were told there would be tryouts
Pretty much what I am finding out at the U16 level too. It seems that there is some forced movement amongst the U16 "premier team" in CT with recruiting calls having started immediately after this past season and some nepotism getting in the way, surprise surprise. Some strong additions to other teams and some good players out looking for teams. One thing for sure is people do talk about split season before lacrosse season even begins and the Beast has gained tons of momentum. From what we have seen and we watched lots of games the past two years,beast is the better spot to be in. CCW we al know what the issue is there.