Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Oh no, guess who’s applying to your school?

This is real guys, some known " problems" have been sniffing around the prep circuit the past 3 months. A prep coach can seriously put his success at a school in jeopardy if he makes a bad decision on a recruit. People will avoid these schools and if you have a kid there, you should be concerned.

Sound familiar?

"The goalie is struggling"
"The D sucks"
"Move the puck "
"Coach doesnt know what he is doing "
"Preps are all over my kid "
"Coach, whats your cell #, I got a question,,,,,,"
"My kid is top in the state of _______"
"I want my kid on a line with _____"
"Hey, who you playing with in the spring?, hmmmm, it's only October, why you asking that"
"I'm not coming back next year"
"I think my kid can play D1"
"My kid could play prep right now"
Same perrson since mites has made at least 10 hockey / gossip calls a day.

YUCK..........

Most coaches at prep and club are lazy. Not paid enough to give the right amount of time to recruiting and actual coaching (on and off-ice). Unfortunately most of these coaches are can’t teach, only roll talent through lines. Club and mid to low level prep the worst. Sell job money grabs.

Anon
Most coaches at prep and club are lazy. Not paid enough to give the right amount of time to recruiting and actual coaching (on and off-ice). Unfortunately most of these coaches are can’t teach, only roll talent through lines. Club and mid to low level prep the worst. Sell job money grabs.
So where the non lazy coaches? League?

Anon
Anon
So where the non lazy coaches? League?
exactly... in youth it is daddy coaches, in public HS it is teachers looking for some extra cash, now prep are 'lazy', oh lets not forget that D1 college coaches (once thought as the holy grail) 'infest' their rosters with buddies and friends of friends...

Is the cardigan reference a fashion choice slam or in reference to the school? I am curious but also confused by this post. On one end if a school was going to accept a bunch of "problem" kids that would not be the greatest culture to go into but it depends on what you mean by "problem". Attitude, bullying, lazy, drugs or talent, coachability? Not sure what you are talking about.

In my opinion there are things out of your control on every team and any situation you step into in life. At some point you need to learn how to handle things, make the best of situations and rise above. If your family can make a school work and you feel that its a great fit (teachers, reputation, hockey) why would who else goes make a difference. The schools we have seen do not appear to be easily changed by a kid or two.

I am Canadian so apologies as I do not know the culture of hockey that well in your area. Ours is very competitive and we have some prep schools and little to no highschool hockey. We like the prep school path for the education focus but still allowing for hockey.

People think we're slow cuz we're from Canada, eh...