Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BCH 3 / Hingham 0

Watched the game and by my assessment and I've been at this a while BCH has a few kids who might continue playing - who knows after a year or two of Jr.s and Hingham might have one D-3. But as usual you don't know yet with under classmen. This is pretty different than just 5-6 years ago when most top D-1 h.s. teams had at least 4-5 potential players.

Hingham just loses too many kids to other programs every year, e.g. BCH goalie is Hingham kid.

Why anyone from Hingham would spend the money to send their kid to BC High is beyond me. Unless there is some family legacy, the kid can't handle being around girls or there is some deep off the charts religious deal why do it? Oh, to win at sports too.

C’mon!

The education level at BCH (and many other Catholics) is still a cut above most public high schools. Seeing as the majority of kids aren’t playing competitive sports after HS you might as well get them the best education you can afford.

The education level at
some of the Catholics might be a cut above most public high schools, but not a school like Hingham or about 15-20 other suburban schools. The people living in Hingham / Cohasset and a few of the other south shore schools all know it. Also, you have to consider too some of the best students happen to be girls. :relaxed:

Mom is right. I don't think Hingham has to worry about BCH academically but looking at the list of where the hockey team comes from I'd say it's an upgrade. Bridgewater, Charleston, Milton, Southie definetley an upgrade. So when they beat a public school in hockey, are they happy? Basically a regional All Star team against a bunch of kids who hockey is their second sport.

BC High players / Towns

Arlington
Braintree
Bridgewater
Bridgewater
Bridgewater
Bridgewater
Canton
Charlestown
Dorchester
Easton
Hanover