The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NAHL Draft Today

Put all our eggs in this basket, hope it works!

Re: NAHL Draft Today

My son didn't attend 1 combine or ever talk to 1 coach but we have really high hopes he gets a spot today

Honestly good luck, but if a team hasn't already called you by now about the draft don't get your hopes up. Teams don't usually risk wasting a pick on someone they haven't already made 100% sure will play for them.

New England players just killing it after 3 rounds..:grimacing:

anon
New England players just killing it after 3 rounds..:grimacing:
My son was picked in the top 10 and will be D1 no problem

USPHL with a very strong showing! Lol.. New England Prep did ok.

Why did some teams draft players who are already committed to playing for college teams next season?

Local NAHL teams “Come to our camp, we are local, love your game, your a great fit for us”
Local NAHL teams today “We will take the kid from Cali, the kid from Alaska, 2 from Canada, the kid who is going to college, and the kid with 1 leg”
WTF!

Maybe the kid is leaving school or not going now due to not having a season until Jan 1 ? Look at some of the USHL main camp rosters you will see a lot of college players at camps this year. Sorry your kid wasn’t good enough to have a good advisor.

Dumb question, but where are all the NE kids?

None taken from the vaunted EHF. Starting to wonder if there is a better way?
Shhh, don't tell the moms and dads with the big pocketbooks.

20 plus kids from New England, overall not a horrible showing.

I guess I was just waiting for all the USPHL U16 "studs" from Bruins, Islanders, Monarchs, Pics, that we heard so much about all year get drafted..what happened? No USHL picks, No NAHL picks..not so good are they

The legit Junior leagues know it is highly unlikely a New England kid will take off his Vineyard Vines, put down the lobster roll, get off the beach and say goodbye to his mommy and his prep school bruh buddies and actually put in some time to develop his skills. And year after year it takes its toll on the kids coming up. Overlook them because they aren't likely to leave.

I honestly think they just don't watch the USPHL kids much at all. My sons friend had a great year, and was invited to a few NAHL skates so they could "see him play" before the draft.
But why? They had the entire season (including online) to watch him play.
My takeaway is parents need to realize the small bubble they're kids are "dominating", and that they are NOT being watched 1/10 as much as they think.

anon
I honestly think they just don't watch the USPHL kids much at all. My sons friend had a great year, and was invited to a few NAHL skates so they could "see him play" before the draft.
But why? They had the entire season (including online) to watch him play.
My takeaway is parents need to realize the small bubble they're kids are "dominating", and that they are NOT being watched 1/10 as much as they think.

What do you mean by "invited to a few NAHL skates?" Pre-Draft Camps? Open Camps? Main Camps?

Or did they invite him to skate a practice with the existing team?

'Cause if it was camp invites, that doesn't mean anything.

NAHL Draft Today

anon
I guess I was just waiting for all the USPHL U16 "studs" from Bruins, Islanders, Monarchs, Pics, that we heard so much about all year get drafted..what happened? No USHL picks, No NAHL picks..not so good are they
Sorry parents..... Junior Bruins u16 isn’t great hockey. The majority of those kids wouldn’t make a MIAA D1 varsity roster.

Where are the EHF kids? Sorry your EHF got cut! Proof that EHF is just about keeping up with the jonses and not about development.

At least 4 of the 2002 birth years drafted played in the EHF when they were younger.

Anon
anon
I guess I was just waiting for all the USPHL U16 \"studs\" from Bruins, Islanders, Monarchs, Pics, that we heard so much about all year get drafted..what happened? No USHL picks, No NAHL picks..not so good are they
Sorry parents..... Junior Bruins u16 isn’t great hockey. The majority of those kids wouldn’t make a MIAA D1 varsity roster.
u16 jb head coach is a future hall of fame
coaching legend

Dr Fauci
Anon
anon
I guess I was just waiting for all the USPHL U16 \\\"studs\\\" from Bruins, Islanders, Monarchs, Pics, that we heard so much about all year get drafted..what happened? No USHL picks, No NAHL picks..not so good are they
u16 jb head coach is a future hall of fame
coaching legend
Thanks, Topher.

anon
USPHL U16 is not very good and NAHL/USHL teams know this. That is why you don't see them taking these kids, and why you see the better kids at U16 leave the league for a better program or go to prep.

anon
anon
I guess I was just waiting for all the USPHL U16 \"studs\" from Bruins, Islanders, Monarchs, Pics, that we heard so much about all year get drafted..what happened? No USHL picks, No NAHL picks..not so good are they
USPHL U16 is not very good and NAHL/USHL teams know this. That is why you don't see them taking these kids, and why you see the better kids at U16 leave the league for a better program or go to prep.
You're all showing your ignorance. The NAHL wants 18 - 21 year olds, which is why more than 90% of the kids drafted were in the 2000 - 2002 birth years.

and none of them were from the fed. #CASHGRAB