The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Commitments today

These guys must have amazing agents! None named so far will ever touch the ice at D1.

Re: Commitments today

Jealousy does not look good on you bud

Just saw the list so far. OP is right college hockey recruiting took some shots today. 3 legit 04s well deserved, not sure what schools were thinking with the 03s, at least the Tabor kid has good size, the others will need 4 years of Jr hockey to make the practice squad, but make sure you get your tweets out, maybe a tictok and ask your friends to do an instagram story for you because that’s what it’s all about

Anon
Just saw the list so far. OP is right college hockey recruiting took some shots today. 3 legit 04s well deserved, not sure what schools were thinking with the 03s, at least the Tabor kid has good size, the others will need 4 years of Jr hockey to make the practice squad, but make sure you get your tweets out, maybe a tictok and ask your friends to do an instagram story for you because that’s what it’s all about
Sour grapes.. These schools got it right. Interesting that several have roots to organizations continuously beat up on this board.. even a 95 Giants kid commits!! Congrats in order...

PC has 15 d men committed if he arrives in 2022, 12 for 2023, and 7 for 2024. May be waiting awhile.

anon
PC has 15 d men committed if he arrives in 2022, 12 for 2023, and 7 for 2024. May be waiting awhile.
Sorry your kids still uncommitted!!

Popularity contest for likes on Insta. Sickening
What might be even sicker is kids liking the photos of the cool kids thinking this might get them into the cool club.

These kids are being offered 1 for 4, why commit now? Wouldn’t you rather wait a year or 2 and get a better offer? Good luck to them no matter what, but why rush this stuff

Anon
These kids are being offered 1 for 4, why commit now? Wouldn’t you rather wait a year or 2 and get a better offer? Good luck to them no matter what, but why rush this stuff
Because they’re verbals, mean nothing any more. Recruiting continues. And everyone is playing junior until they’re 20 or 21 anyway.

Sorry a kid that played in the BHL his entire life got a commitment before your son did that played EHF Elite his whole life. Your a complete tool bag man DL got to choose where he committed too. Fitchburg states looks great for your kids career at 21 after aging out of juniors. Your a complete low life and jealous of a kid that’s better than your son. Congrats to the kid and his family.

Kids a stud. Strong, skilled and smart... good combo!
Congrats DL. Well deserved.

Do you know DL's "list" of where he played growing up? I was late to the game with him, only saw him at BCH. I know these programs all "claim" to have developed a player if the kid ever attended a skills session with their program.

Anon
They rush because the verbal "commit" buys you status in the cesspool of youth and midget hockey. Hangers on (see Lovell Hockey, etc..) get to push and sell their brand to the next bunch of sucker parents. Advisors get another name to sell services and so on.. The colleges have nothing to lose and it shows their fans they're out there on the next big thing. It's a win/win/win/win situation for all involved. Everyone in on it benefits from the charade.

We want kids that will win a 50/50 puck at least 85% of the time. Most of these verbals commits at 16-17 cant do that just yet so waiting until your 18 and are in the top 5-8% of your age group is when the commitments carry a better offer and more weight. Congrats to the 16, 17 year old kids but the chances of them actually going to and playing for the school they made a verbal commitment to is very small. The 18 and older group will have a much better chance to play and make an impact at the NCAA level. Yes, locking up the younger kid who is 6 foot or bigger, strong, etc..projects well, but to lock up a kid 16, 17 who is 5' 8"- 5'10" is useless in our opinion, there are tons of those players out there who are very good but not difference makers. Recruiting has become somewhat of a circus and the players/parents who understand the process will be the ones who enjoy the ride. Just last week we had a MA family of a 17 year old very good player they wanted to wait until next year to commit, and we respect that.
All of these kids will be playing Jr hockey USHL, BCHL, NAHL, for at least 1 year so until your kid gets to that point, just keep working hard on and off the ice and put yourself in the best possible position to make an impact. Good luck to all.

anon
We want kids that will win a 50/50 puck at least 85% of the time. Most of these verbals commits at 16-17 cant do that just yet so waiting until your 18 and are in the top 5-8% of your age group is when the commitments carry a better offer and more weight. Congrats to the 16, 17 year old kids but the chances of them actually going to and playing for the school they made a verbal commitment to is very small. The 18 and older group will have a much better chance to play and make an impact at the NCAA level. Yes, locking up the younger kid who is 6 foot or bigger, strong, etc..projects well, but to lock up a kid 16, 17 who is 5' 8"- 5'10" is useless in our opinion, there are tons of those players out there who are very good but not difference makers. Recruiting has become somewhat of a circus and the players/parents who understand the process will be the ones who enjoy the ride. Just last week we had a MA family of a 17 year old very good player they wanted to wait until next year to commit, and we respect that.
All of these kids will be playing Jr hockey USHL, BCHL, NAHL, for at least 1 year so until your kid gets to that point, just keep working hard on and off the ice and put yourself in the best possible position to make an impact. Good luck to all.
100% This!

anon
Anon
They rush because the verbal "commit" buys you status in the cesspool of youth and midget hockey. Hangers on (see Lovell Hockey, etc..) get to push and sell their brand to the next bunch of sucker parents. Advisors get another name to sell services and so on.. The colleges have nothing to lose and it shows their fans they're out there on the next big thing. It's a win/win/win/win situation for all involved. Everyone in on it benefits from the charade.
You still reek of jealousy.

anon
anon
Anon
They rush because the verbal \"commit\" buys you status in the cesspool of youth and midget hockey. Hangers on (see Lovell Hockey, etc..) get to push and sell their brand to the next bunch of sucker parents. Advisors get another name to sell services and so on.. The colleges have nothing to lose and it shows their fans they\'re out there on the next big thing. It\'s a win/win/win/win situation for all involved. Everyone in on it benefits from the charade.
You still reek of jealousy.
Well bud the recruiting is trash, that’s what you smell.. complete and utter bullsh...

I have worked my azz off, produced in every league I have played in, talked to tons of coaches who "love my game" and nothing..Then I see these young half size players getting the commits, trust the process, yeah, more like trust nobody. Lets see how the next 2 days go at the East Coast tournament, hope these new commits are there and can keep up with us, oh and we check, slash, punch, its not going to be pretty for you

anon
I have worked my azz off, produced in every league I have played in, talked to tons of coaches who "love my game" and nothing..Then I see these young half size players getting the commits, trust the process, yeah, more like trust nobody. Lets see how the next 2 days go at the East Coast tournament, hope these new commits are there and can keep up with us, oh and we check, slash, punch, its not going to be pretty for you
Keep working hard. That includes grades. If your grades and test scores are above average it makes you more attractive, because they have to hit certain averages.

16 year old commits mean nothing. You'll be playing against the same kids when you're 20. That's when you earn your spot on an actual NCAA roster. Not in HS. Not any more.

Anon
anon
I have worked my azz off, produced in every league I have played in, talked to tons of coaches who \"love my game\" and nothing..Then I see these young half size players getting the commits, trust the process, yeah, more like trust nobody. Lets see how the next 2 days go at the East Coast tournament, hope these new commits are there and can keep up with us, oh and we check, slash, punch, its not going to be pretty for you
Keep working hard. That includes grades. If your grades and test scores are above average it makes you more attractive, because they have to hit certain averages.

16 year old commits mean nothing. You'll be playing against the same kids when you're 20. That's when you earn your spot on an actual NCAA roster. Not in HS. Not any more.
I’m trying but after hearing the commit today I’ve lost all faith in “the process” my parents just don’t have the right last name, we don’t have the right connections, it’s over. I loved this game, poured everything into it, and over the past 3 months had it all taken away. Break a leg guys, no, literally, break a leg

Anon
Anon
anon
I have worked my azz off, produced in every league I have played in, talked to tons of coaches who \\\"love my game\\\" and nothing..Then I see these young half size players getting the commits, trust the process, yeah, more like trust nobody. Lets see how the next 2 days go at the East Coast tournament, hope these new commits are there and can keep up with us, oh and we check, slash, punch, its not going to be pretty for you

16 year old commits mean nothing. You\'ll be playing against the same kids when you\'re 20. That\'s when you earn your spot on an actual NCAA roster. Not in HS. Not any more.
I’m trying but after hearing the commit today I’ve lost all faith in “the process” my parents just don’t have the right last name, we don’t have the right connections, it’s over. I loved this game, poured everything into it, and over the past 3 months had it all taken away. Break a leg guys, no, literally, break a leg
Post if the year!!

Same guys who will tell you these commits mean nothing are out there committing kids. It is a messed up and confusing process for kids. Kids only know internet, twitter, Instagram etc. Its where they get most their news from. I totally understand how a kid after seeing all these names committing to teams would get down or wonder what they are not doing.
Talk to College Hockey Inc. they are great and have tons of real information. Most real commitments don't happen until 18/19 years old. Think of life as a marathon, there are always a bunch of people who go sprinting right off the start to get on TV. The guys that finish strong pace themselves, and believe in their ability. It doesn't make any of these kids better than any others, and even if they were, there are 3 to 4 years to go before it really matters. No school is going to take them if they drop off. Hang in their to all the unchosen, its way more fun rooting for you than the entitled.

Anon
Same guys who will tell you these commits mean nothing are out there committing kids. It is a messed up and confusing process for kids. Kids only know internet, twitter, Instagram etc. Its where they get most their news from. I totally understand how a kid after seeing all these names committing to teams would get down or wonder what they are not doing.
Talk to College Hockey Inc. they are great and have tons of real information. Most real commitments don't happen until 18/19 years old. Think of life as a marathon, there are always a bunch of people who go sprinting right off the start to get on TV. The guys that finish strong pace themselves, and believe in their ability. It doesn't make any of these kids better than any others, and even if they were, there are 3 to 4 years to go before it really matters. No school is going to take them if they drop off. Hang in their to all the unchosen, its way more fun rooting for you than the entitled.

Thank you sir. Talked to my parents and coach last night for a long time. Going to keep grinding it out and see what happens, I love the game, my teammates, just hate how the process works one way for some and differently for the rest of us.

Kid, important lesson, when it comes to hockey, follow 2 things, friends of higher ups and the money, those are the kids who get the breaks, if you dont fit in either of those brackets your absolute best option is to play for a full season team (no prep) and try to make it to NAHL Jr hockey.

Will be interesting to see if all of these new and current Prep kids who are committed will stay this year

anon
Will be interesting to see if all of these new and current Prep kids who are committed will stay this year
Most will leave for NCDC and remote to finish school or if good enough USHL. Good for them.

"leave for NCDC or USHL"? At this point?

This isn't youth hockey. It doesn't quite work like that.

anon
"leave for NCDC or USHL"? At this point?

This isn't youth hockey. It doesn't quite work like that.
Thinking the same thing. I know Belmont Hill, Thayer and Cushing all loosing a few current players and others have backed out from enrolling but I have not heard where they are going.

anon
anon
\"leave for NCDC or USHL\"? At this point?

This isn\'t youth hockey. It doesn\'t quite work like that.
Thinking the same thing. I know Belmont Hill, Thayer and Cushing all loosing a few current players and others have backed out from enrolling but I have not heard where they are going.
Idiot. Players leave HS/Prep all the time to go to USHL etc and ether complete HS online or go to a local HS...

Any kid planning on playing in college that is in the ISL this coming year needs to leave for juniors. There will likely be no season

Anon
anon
anon
\\\"leave for NCDC or USHL\\\"? At this point?

This isn\\\'t youth hockey. It doesn\\\'t quite work like that.
Idiot. Players leave HS/Prep all the time to go to USHL etc and ether complete HS online or go to a local HS...
All the time? So all the time bubble kids leave prep to go to their local high school? You sure? Yes, the better players 2 or 3 per team at most may leave for USHL but dont make it sound like 3rd and 4th liners are jumping ship to go to public. oh yeah..idiot

anon
Anon
anon
anon
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"leave for NCDC or USHL\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"? At this point?

This isn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t youth hockey. It doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t quite work like that.
All the time? So all the time bubble kids leave prep to go to their local high school? You sure? Yes, the better players 2 or 3 per team at most may leave for USHL but dont make it sound like 3rd and 4th liners are jumping ship to go to public. oh yeah..idiot
I think what poster is trying to say is that USHL and likely most jr teams have a local high school available to their players who have not graduated and prefer in person classes over online. My nephew played for Madison and had that option. NTDP kids also have that option. Remarkable how so many on this board have no clue.

The poster is an idiot for thinking that the USHL, the best junior league in the country, with drafts, tenders and main camps already over, will welcome random high school kids at the 11th hour?

Again, you don't understand the process. Its almost September. Unless the player is a 1%'er, someone already very high on their radar, above what they already have, too bad. Not going to happen. Drafts, tenders, camps and tryouts are done.

And BTW, it's "either" not "ether" genius.

I really do not understand some of this. I am not surprised that some hockey guys would back out of prep to move to a different opportunity. There is so much movement in minor hockey these days that it stands to reason the same factors are at play, mainly parent ego. Once a school has you locked in there is probably not enough attention paid and if someone else comes along and pumps your tires then I guess its your money and time... I think you make your opportunity where ever you go so, as long as he can still play, the decision should be best fit, not what will you do for me or how or where will you play him. Coming on here and talking about kids leaving like prep is a sinking ship is laughable. I am sure you want to believe that but most of these schools have been around prior to the last major world wide pandemic (Spanish flu).
I am sure they will be fine.

anon
Anon
Talk to College Hockey Inc. they are great and have tons of real information. Most real commitments don\'t happen until 18/19 years old. Think of life as a marathon, there are always a bunch of people who go sprinting right off the start to get on TV. The guys that finish strong pace themselves, and believe in their ability. It doesn\'t make any of these kids better than any others, and even if they were, there are 3 to 4 years to go before it really matters. No school is going to take them if they drop off. Hang in their to all the unchosen, its way more fun rooting for you than the entitled.

Thank you sir. Talked to my parents and coach last night for a long time. Going to keep grinding it out and see what happens, I love the game, my teammates, just hate how the process works one way for some and differently for the rest of us.
I'm just glad I was there for you son, love you