High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prep players going to ncdc

Anon
anon
Disagree. Prep players don\'t like to be touched. They will struggle. That includes the 18/19 Prep player too. NCDC is well above EHL in the level of play.
Big difference is that many prep players are more skilled and avoid contact better than your average NCDC player. When big boy misses his hit, skilled boy scores. Don’t be fooled though, some of these prep kids can throw down with the best of them. Still don’t think it’s the right move for 95% of the prep players.
Disagree again. There is no difference in skill level. They will struggle and the game will not be fun anymore for them. It is a whole different game. This isn’t youth hockey anymore.

Anon
Anon
anon
Disagree. Prep players don\\\'t like to be touched. They will struggle. That includes the 18/19 Prep player too. NCDC is well above EHL in the level of play.
Big difference is that many prep players are more skilled and avoid contact better than your average NCDC player. When big boy misses his hit, skilled boy scores. Don’t be fooled though, some of these prep kids can throw down with the best of them. Still don’t think it’s the right move for 95% of the prep players.
Disagree again. There is no difference in skill level. They will struggle and the game will not be fun anymore for them. It is a whole different game. This isn’t youth hockey anymore.
Ok, your right, all prep players won’t last in NCDC.. probably won’t even make the team.. or they will dominate and I can come back and say I told you so.

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Disagree. Prep players don\\\\\\\'t like to be touched. They will struggle. That includes the 18/19 Prep player too. NCDC is well above EHL in the level of play.
Ok, your right, all prep players won’t last in NCDC.. probably won’t even make the team.. or they will dominate and I can come back and say I told you so.
No.Prep.Players.Are.Leaving

Prep players aren't leaving but many of them are looking at playing the fall term for an NCDC team. They will go back to prep in January.

Anon
Prep players aren't leaving but many of them are looking at playing the fall term for an NCDC team. They will go back to prep in January.
The younger Prep players, not 18-19, are playing Premier and Elite.

Anon
Anon
Prep players aren\'t leaving but many of them are looking at playing the fall term for an NCDC team. They will go back to prep in January.
The younger Prep players, not 18-19, are playing Premier and Elite.
Hard to do when you cant leave campus. So you must be talking about the day students

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Disagree. Prep players don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like to be touched. They will struggle. That includes the 18/19 Prep player too. NCDC is well above EHL in the level of play.
That's right. None. Not any player at any one of the 169 member schools that offer hockey. Poster knows every kid and knows with 100% certainty what every one of them are doing on three months.
169 schools? Cmon man, we are talking about the top 20-30 New England Prep Schools. Where did you find 169 prep schools? Are you counting Canadian? Wake up

anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Disagree. Prep players don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like to be touched. They will struggle. That includes the 18/19 Prep player too. NCDC is well above EHL in the level of play.
That\'s right. None. Not any player at any one of the 169 member schools that offer hockey. Poster knows every kid and knows with 100% certainty what every one of them are doing on three months.
169 schools? Cmon man, we are talking about the top 20-30 New England Prep Schools. Where did you find 169 prep schools? Are you counting Canadian? Wake up
It's called fact-checking. Something others here would benefit from spending the 15 seconds it takes to do so they don't consistently make themselves look uniformed.

NEPSAC has 169 member schools. Not all have hockey, which is why I phrased it the way I did. But, I think the point I made that no one knows what every kid is doing would be the same if I said "the top 20-30 New England Prep schools."

Oh, and BTW, "top" Prep hockey programs isn't 20 - 30 deep any more. Go look at last year's brackets. There were some schools that made the tournament that no one would describe as a "top " program. Look at the commitments, you'll see none outside the top dozen schools. You can't be a "top" Prep program if none of your kids are going on to NCAA hockey.

Anon
anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Disagree. Prep players don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like to be touched. They will struggle. That includes the 18/19 Prep player too. NCDC is well above EHL in the level of play.
That\\\'s right. None. Not any player at any one of the 169 member schools that offer hockey. Poster knows every kid and knows with 100% certainty what every one of them are doing on three months.
It's called fact-checking. Something others here would benefit from spending the 15 seconds it takes to do so they don't consistently make themselves look uniformed.

NEPSAC has 169 member schools. Not all have hockey, which is why I phrased it the way I did. But, I think the point I made that no one knows what every kid is doing would be the same if I said "the top 20-30 New England Prep schools."

Oh, and BTW, "top" Prep hockey programs isn't 20 - 30 deep any more. Go look at last year's brackets. There were some schools that made the tournament that no one would describe as a "top " program. Look at the commitments, you'll see none outside the top dozen schools. You can't be a "top" Prep program if none of your kids are going on to NCAA hockey.
So you come to a hockey forum and talk about 169 schools with more than half not having hockey, who may leave for NCDC hockey..your logic is perfect. I hear there is a Basketball player looking into the JR bruins. Stop it. I agree with you though, Top programs are 10-15 maybe and send kids to NCAA. That's the group I am speaking of. Many kids went to USHL camps, and came back, and will go to their school and not leave for NCDC.

anon
Anon
anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Disagree. Prep players don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like to be touched. They will struggle. That includes the 18/19 Prep player too. NCDC is well above EHL in the level of play.
That\\\\\\\'s right. None. Not any player at any one of the 169 member schools that offer hockey. Poster knows every kid and knows with 100% certainty what every one of them are doing on three months.
It\'s called fact-checking. Something others here would benefit from spending the 15 seconds it takes to do so they don\'t consistently make themselves look uniformed.

NEPSAC has 169 member schools. Not all have hockey, which is why I phrased it the way I did. But, I think the point I made that no one knows what every kid is doing would be the same if I said \"the top 20-30 New England Prep schools.\"

Oh, and BTW, \"top\" Prep hockey programs isn\'t 20 - 30 deep any more. Go look at last year\'s brackets. There were some schools that made the tournament that no one would describe as a \"top \" program. Look at the commitments, you\'ll see none outside the top dozen schools. You can\'t be a \"top\" Prep program if none of your kids are going on to NCAA hockey.
So you come to a hockey forum and talk about 169 schools with more than half not having hockey, who may leave for NCDC hockey..your logic is perfect. I hear there is a Basketball player looking into the JR bruins. Stop it. I agree with you though, Top programs are 10-15 maybe and send kids to NCAA. That's the group I am speaking of. Many kids went to USHL camps, and came back, and will go to their school and not leave for NCDC.
You're still not grasping the point, so let me say it more slowly using words you can understand.

"No" means zero. You do not have enough facts to say "No.Prep.Players.Are.Leaving."

Will there be an exodus, err, stampede, err, a whole bunch of people rushing out the door?

Nope.

I guarantee you it won't be zero.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Disagree. Prep players don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like to be touched. They will struggle. That includes the 18/19 Prep player too. NCDC is well above EHL in the level of play.
That\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s right. None. Not any player at any one of the 169 member schools that offer hockey. Poster knows every kid and knows with 100% certainty what every one of them are doing on three months.
It\\\'s called fact-checking. Something others here would benefit from spending the 15 seconds it takes to do so they don\\\'t consistently make themselves look uniformed.

NEPSAC has 169 member schools. Not all have hockey, which is why I phrased it the way I did. But, I think the point I made that no one knows what every kid is doing would be the same if I said \\\"the top 20-30 New England Prep schools.\\\"

Oh, and BTW, \\\"top\\\" Prep hockey programs isn\\\'t 20 - 30 deep any more. Go look at last year\\\'s brackets. There were some schools that made the tournament that no one would describe as a \\\"top \\\" program. Look at the commitments, you\\\'ll see none outside the top dozen schools. You can\\\'t be a \\\"top\\\" Prep program if none of your kids are going on to NCAA hockey.
So you come to a hockey forum and talk about 169 schools with more than half not having hockey, who may leave for NCDC hockey..your logic is perfect. I hear there is a Basketball player looking into the JR bruins. Stop it. I agree with you though, Top programs are 10-15 maybe and send kids to NCAA. That\'s the group I am speaking of. Many kids went to USHL camps, and came back, and will go to their school and not leave for NCDC.
You're still not grasping the point, so let me say it more slowly using words you can understand.

"No" means zero. You do not have enough facts to say "No.Prep.Players.Are.Leaving."

Will there be an exodus, err, stampede, err, a whole bunch of people rushing out the door?

Nope.

I guarantee you it won't be zero.
So your entire point is that 1 kid may leave Prep school to play NCDC. You make it sound like they can just call a NCDC team and say, I decided Im going to leave school and come play top 6 on your NCDC team. #crazytown

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Disagree. Prep players don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like to be touched. They will struggle. That includes the 18/19 Prep player too. NCDC is well above EHL in the level of play.
That\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s right. None. Not any player at any one of the 169 member schools that offer hockey. Poster knows every kid and knows with 100% certainty what every one of them are doing on three months.
It\\\\\\\'s called fact-checking. Something others here would benefit from spending the 15 seconds it takes to do so they don\\\\\\\'t consistently make themselves look uniformed.

NEPSAC has 169 member schools. Not all have hockey, which is why I phrased it the way I did. But, I think the point I made that no one knows what every kid is doing would be the same if I said \\\\\\\"the top 20-30 New England Prep schools.\\\\\\\"

Oh, and BTW, \\\\\\\"top\\\\\\\" Prep hockey programs isn\\\\\\\'t 20 - 30 deep any more. Go look at last year\\\\\\\'s brackets. There were some schools that made the tournament that no one would describe as a \\\\\\\"top \\\\\\\" program. Look at the commitments, you\\\\\\\'ll see none outside the top dozen schools. You can\\\\\\\'t be a \\\\\\\"top\\\\\\\" Prep program if none of your kids are going on to NCAA hockey.
So you come to a hockey forum and talk about 169 schools with more than half not having hockey, who may leave for NCDC hockey..your logic is perfect. I hear there is a Basketball player looking into the JR bruins. Stop it. I agree with you though, Top programs are 10-15 maybe and send kids to NCAA. That\\\'s the group I am speaking of. Many kids went to USHL camps, and came back, and will go to their school and not leave for NCDC.
You\'re still not grasping the point, so let me say it more slowly using words you can understand.

\"No\" means zero. You do not have enough facts to say \"No.Prep.Players.Are.Leaving.\"

Nope.

I guarantee you it won\'t be zero.
So your entire point is that 1 kid may leave Prep school to play NCDC. You make it sound like they can just call a NCDC team and say, I decided Im going to leave school and come play top 6 on your NCDC team. #crazytown
Not one kid. I don't know how many, because I'm not pretending to be up the butt of every prep kid's decision.

I wouldn't be shocked, though, if it were a dozen.

Some will go to the USHL. Some to the NAHL.

Some to the NCDC? Sure, some players in both places are interchageable. Maybe the start there and see what happens to the Prep season.

If a kid is in Prep just for the hockey, there's little reason - or desire - to waste a year.

And, I've seen preps bending over backwards already, before this year, to accommodate D-I commits so they can say they have them.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Disagree. Prep players don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like to be touched. They will struggle. That includes the 18/19 Prep player too. NCDC is well above EHL in the level of play.
That\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s right. None. Not any player at any one of the 169 member schools that offer hockey. Poster knows every kid and knows with 100% certainty what every one of them are doing on three months.
It\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s called fact-checking. Something others here would benefit from spending the 15 seconds it takes to do so they don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t consistently make themselves look uniformed.

NEPSAC has 169 member schools. Not all have hockey, which is why I phrased it the way I did. But, I think the point I made that no one knows what every kid is doing would be the same if I said \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"the top 20-30 New England Prep schools.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Oh, and BTW, \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"top\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Prep hockey programs isn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t 20 - 30 deep any more. Go look at last year\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s brackets. There were some schools that made the tournament that no one would describe as a \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"top \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" program. Look at the commitments, you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll see none outside the top dozen schools. You can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t be a \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"top\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Prep program if none of your kids are going on to NCAA hockey.
So you come to a hockey forum and talk about 169 schools with more than half not having hockey, who may leave for NCDC hockey..your logic is perfect. I hear there is a Basketball player looking into the JR bruins. Stop it. I agree with you though, Top programs are 10-15 maybe and send kids to NCAA. That\\\\\\\'s the group I am speaking of. Many kids went to USHL camps, and came back, and will go to their school and not leave for NCDC.
You\\\'re still not grasping the point, so let me say it more slowly using words you can understand.

\\\"No\\\" means zero. You do not have enough facts to say \\\"No.Prep.Players.Are.Leaving.\\\"

Nope.

I guarantee you it won\\\'t be zero.
Not one kid. I don't know how many, because I'm not pretending to be up the butt of every prep kid's decision.

I wouldn't be shocked, though, if it were a dozen.

Some will go to the USHL. Some to the NAHL.

Some to the NCDC? Sure, some players in both places are interchageable. Maybe the start there and see what happens to the Prep season.

If a kid is in Prep just for the hockey, there's little reason - or desire - to waste a year.

And, I've seen preps bending over backwards already, before this year, to accommodate D-I commits so they can say they have them.
Coming in late to the conversation but prep coaches are not going to like hearing about their players trying out for all these teams with the exception of USHL camps, they will hold a grudge for sure. Should be interesting

That is because the Prep coach's easy living will come to end if the Prep Hockey system collapses. It makes you wonder. Are the coaches there to promote players or there to collect an easy living?

Yes, crazy town talk that a Prep player can just call up a NCDC org and become a top 6 player and the head coach agrees to it. Too funny. You Prep parents have been shielded too much to the real world of hockey. You are going to find out real quick if your little superstar has the back bone and fight to survive past high school age in hockey.

Good Luck!!!

Anyone that thinks there aren't Prep kids capable of playing Top 6 on an NCDC knows nothing about Prep hockey or NCDC hockey.

I'm not talking about Millbrook School or Holderness or even Middlesex. The top dozen programs have talent that wouldn't even look at NCDC in a normal year. Will they this year? If it means being able to stay at home and wait and see?

Let's wait and see.

Anyone that thinks Prep hockey is superior than NCDC needs to have a look at their bias. Just sayin. Good luck with your elite attitude.

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Disagree. Prep players don\\\\\\\'t like to be touched. They will struggle. That includes the 18/19 Prep player too. NCDC is well above EHL in the level of play.
You bet your a-s-s I am right. The best players have moved on to the USHL. The only thing left in Prep at 18/19 are scrubs. They will not dominate at all. Mommy/Daddy are in for a rude awakening. I can’t wait to see it.

Why you mad....Dick...

I don't get the statement that a Prep School kid couldn't handle the NCDC. NCDC is not that good of a league. As a matter of fact, your top prep school players are likely already committed to Division 1 schools and are headed to play in the USHL or BCHL before going to college. Both of those leagues are significantly better than the NCDC. Outside of the Junior Bruins and New Jersey Hitmen, the NCDC is essentially the EHL and every prep school player would make a roster in that league.

Many different paths people. Everyone calm down and worry about your own kid!

Hoping a few seniors who already have commitments on my sons team leave so the Jrs can get All the ice, but I hear they are leaving until the season starts then coming back. Doing classes online.

Anon
Hoping a few seniors who already have commitments on my sons team leave so the Jrs can get All the ice, but I hear they are leaving until the season starts then coming back. Doing classes online.
Dad says boys a kent are fast tracking to nhl

Leaving to where? Not NCDC or any full season Tier2 or Tier1 junior program. It doesn't work that way.
Maybe "leave" to some local split season fall program.

anon
Leaving to where? Not NCDC or any full season Tier2 or Tier1 junior program. It doesn't work that way.
Maybe "leave" to some local split season fall program.
Pray tell, why does it not "work that way?"

Please share your wisdom.

What I think he means is that Prep season starts in Winter but full season junior starts in weeks and their tryouts, drafts and rosters are set. Its too late, today, late August, to just "jump aboard".

Understood. Seemed to be more pointed than that but ok. I think it is foolhardy to jump ship on anything. Way too many unknowns and coaches have egos too. Bailing on a team that made a commitment to you might not be the best idea. I get it, if you haven't received any offers and are hoping that this seasons play will be the year to get you there.

anon
What I think he means is that Prep season starts in Winter but full season junior starts in weeks and their tryouts, drafts and rosters are set. Its too late, today, late August, to just "jump aboard".
Junior rosters aren't "set" until mid-February.

Tryouts and roasters are far from decided in August, especially in the NCDC. Teams will start with enough players to field split squad teams, and then do their cuts gradually in September.

But, any junior team that wants to sign a player at any point is free to do so. They may heave to trade for his rights, if he's signed, drafted or tendered by a team in the same league, but that isn't hard.

Anon
Mass exodus to these teams. Funny thing is a year ago these same dads were saying “ that league sucks” ushl only way to go. How bout dem apples.

I would be very concerned if I had a spot on the regular roster and wasn’t a top 6 guy.

In comes the studs that had less than 20 points last year in pre playing regularly.
Make sure you read that NCDC contract before you sign...

Anon
Anon
Mass exodus to these teams. Funny thing is a year ago these same dads were saying “ that league sucks” ushl only way to go. How bout dem apples.

I would be very concerned if I had a spot on the regular roster and wasn’t a top 6 guy.

In comes the studs that had less than 20 points last year in pre playing regularly.
Make sure you read that NCDC contract before you sign...
Yeah, I've heard the same thing. Overly one-way deal.

I don't get the fighting over what opportunity is better. They are all just that, an opportunity. Shattuck will use Crosby and others to shill its program but those guys were not products of the school, they came to play (were already good). If you are going to prep school to be turned into a dynamic player, you are in the wrong spot. Prep is to help you become a better student athlete. If I was not confident in my kids skill level I would probably pull him from his prep school and look for another spot to get more hockey but I believe it will all shake out. Its like a serious injury in many ways. He will miss games but can train and condition. How many guys do you see that were strong, get injured and then forget how to play? You want to believe that YOUR kid needs the game to develop fine. I never saw a kid become better just playing the game. That is my opinion, nothing more.