The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Selects Academy and Mount St Charles

Is it true that Selects is starting to fold? I've heard many kids from selects are either going prep or BK Selects. Same with Mount? I've heard of many Mount kids going to Boston hockey or the new Maine Nordiques MNDP program.

Re: Selects Academy and Mount St Charles

Every year Mount will "trim" their rosters and bring in new, more talented players to better the teams. They did the same thing when they were coaching at SKS. The kids from Mount that are going to Boston Hockey and Maine were not invited back to Mount.

They may tell you something different so they don't look bad, but those are the facts. No one with any real talent is leaving Mount except for the USHL, BCHL, CHL, etc..

^this is accurate for Mount.
South Kent definitely is a separate story. I heard only 1 returning player from last year's 15s is coming back. All others who didn't move on to Juniors went BK or elsewhere.
However I do know other kids are coming in to SASK from good teams, like Pens Elite, so they apparently still have a program......just not sure who is coaching after all the defections.

BK will probably replace SASK in pecking order, followed by Mount, then the other new academies.

Prep Hockey is still the way to go over all these hockey academies. Better hockey and academics.

Wrong maybe education but not hockey Mount kicked the **** out of all the prep teams last year.

Selects had it all going for them with the education and the hockey but that’s ended pretty quick.

Anon
Wrong maybe education but not hockey Mount kicked the **** out of all the prep teams last year.

Selects had it all going for them with the education and the hockey but that’s ended pretty quick.
Any parent that sends their kid to school for hockey over education is a moron... plain and simple...

Anon
Anon

Any parent that sends their kid to school for hockey over education is a moron... plain and simple...
What if the kids a moron but really good at hockey ? Because that is more realistic.

Anon

mount had one good year, lets see if they are as good this year. BK Selects is going to shut mounts program down by stealing their coaches after this season

Academics at Selects Academy at South Kent is not very good. Kids go there to play hockey, the academics are an afterthought.

anon
Academics at Selects Academy at South Kent is not very good. Kids go there to play hockey, the academics are an afterthought.
They are even more of an after thought at Mount...these future beer leaguers and their parents better figure it out real fast or else...

Borderline fraud being committed by Mount/RI Saints..

Scheduling games that clearly won't happen to get parents roped in for the full season coin.

Once the borders are here, they're stuck. So why not give them a phony slate games to seal the deal?

Under the rules today for RI and MA, I hope they enjoy that little rink for practices.

anon

Scheduling games that clearly won't happen to get parents roped in for the full season coin.

Once the borders are here, they're stuck. So why not give them a phony slate games to seal the deal?

Under the rules today for RI and MA, I hope they enjoy that little rink for practices.
Borderline fraud? It is FRAUD...we've been told one thing and get something totally different...Mounts president is a FRAUD...he only wants the money...hes the biggest snake in the business...doesn't care how many families he lies to in order to get it...the hockey program will suffer because of him...

Anon
anon

Scheduling games that clearly won\'t happen to get parents roped in for the full season coin.

Once the borders are here, they\'re stuck. So why not give them a phony slate games to seal the deal?

Borderline fraud? It is FRAUD...we've been told one thing and get something totally different...Mounts president is a FRAUD...he only wants the money...hes the biggest snake in the business...doesn't care how many families he lies to in order to get it...the hockey program will suffer because of him...
And you just libeled him. He has the right to now bring a civil suit against you in state court.

Congrats!

https://www.woonsocketcall.com/sports/getting-back-to-work-mount-academy-teams-start-season-monday/article_2d6cb0a4-eb2a-11ea-9340-0f9868497a71.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

The Academy teams started up this week. Schedules start in NH and Conn for now.

How would you like to be at MSC now??

Phony schedule now, as predicted, not happening. No games for 2 more weeks and no home games in sight.

Serves parents right for believing these snake oil salesman and sending your kid half way across the country (or globe) to rot in a dorm and maybe, if you're lucky, be on the road every single weekend.

The perfect combination of greed meets delusion, envy and self importance..

anon
How would you like to be at MSC now??

Phony schedule now, as predicted, not happening. No games for 2 more weeks and no home games in sight.

Serves parents right for believing these snake oil salesman and sending your kid half way across the country (or globe) to rot in a dorm and maybe, if you're lucky, be on the road every single weekend.

The perfect combination of greed meets delusion, envy and self importance..

Seems the same can be said for any MA Boarding school..will not be able to leave for split season, and no season in sight. Stay in your room or walk around the turf all weekend.

You are wrong my good friend. Mount will be playing games this week and weekend. Each mount team has already played at least 5 games. Not bad for the second week of September.

Anon
You are wrong my good friend. Mount will be playing games this week and weekend. Each mount team has already played at least 5 games. Not bad for the second week of September.
Not bad at all. Kids walking out on their schools now to play USPHL/ NCDC

Anon
Anon
Not bad at all. Kids walking out on their schools now to play USPHL/ NCDC
How many have left these programs?

At least a dozen between the two schools.

Did Cushing and Deerfield really have their entire varsity teams leave? Tell me that’s not true

Anon
Did Cushing and Deerfield really have their entire varsity teams leave? Tell me that’s not true
Cushing yes. Deerfield?

Anon
Anon
Cushing yes. Deerfield?
Why would they all leave? They both have those beautiful rinks and Cushing has a great coaching staff, something not adding up. Wonder if they left the school or just went remote until season starts or if there is a season. What a messed up time.

They go remote so they can play on 1/2 season teams and then come back if there's a season.

Pretty simple, they'd rather be playing games than not and will sacrifice part of their educational betterment for it.

anon
They go remote so they can play on 1/2 season teams and then come back if there's a season.

Pretty simple, they'd rather be playing games than not and will sacrifice part of their educational betterment for it.
Ouch! Schools must love that. Do the coaching staffs at the schools support this move? With the rules the way they are couldn't they be skating daily as a team. Times have changed, I guess games are more important now.

Anon
U18 team has no games for the next month. Oct 17th is next "scheduled" game.

Two trips already cancelled and no home games in sight.

Yep..totally worth it..

If SA is only returning one players and getting 1 Pens Elite, where is the rest of the team coming from?

Dr. Birx
If SA is only returning one players and getting 1 Pens Elite, where is the rest of the team coming from?
Who knows! 3rd director in 3 years quit! The new head of school only cares about money. Treated the hockey teams very poorly. Now they put the hockey program under the athletic program. Their incoming u15 doesn’t even have a full team.

How are you hearing this? I'm getting calls from them. Who else is know to be going there for U16 this year?

Dr. Birx
How are you hearing this? I'm getting calls from them. Who else is know to be going there for U16 this year?
Our point exactly...you would think their teams would be full by now and ready to go in a couple weeks...still trying to fill rosters at the 11th hour is concerning...maybe it's covid...maybe not...so tell us why you're bender isn't going there...:thinking_face:

Yea, his name is Mr. Hutcheon I think. He just left as well. Program is going to crap. Especially if Selects can’t fill their teams fully.

There is only one coach left from last year. A Russian kid on a visa.

There are 4 or 5 coming from the Chicago Fury team.

Anon
Every year Mount will "trim" their rosters and bring in new, more talented players just like they did when the coaches were at SKS. The kids from Mount that are going to Boston Hockey and Maine were not invited back to Mount.

They may tell you something different so they don't look bad, but those are the facts.
:laughing: there's a flip side to that coin... every year parents and kids will also seek a better program, coaching and academics..Mount is an average program at this point in time... some kids leave on their own accord as well not because Mount thinks they can get better players all the time...mount will take average players in order to fill rosters and keep yhe money coming in...not many kids aspire to play hockey in Woonsocket Rhode Island... mounts Legacy is just that.. a legacy...this argument also applies to other hockey academies as well...

Anon
Anon
Every year Mount will \\\"trim\\\" their rosters and bring in new, more talented players just like they did when the coaches were at SKS. The kids from Mount that are going to Boston Hockey and Maine were not invited back to Mount.

They may tell you something different so they don\\\'t look bad, but those are the facts.
:laughing: there\'s a flip side to that coin... every year parents and kids will also seek a better program, coaching and academics..Mount is an average program at this point in time... some kids leave on their own accord as well not because Mount thinks they can get better players all the time...mount will take average players in order to fill rosters and keep yhe money coming in...not many kids aspire to play hockey in Woonsocket Rhode Island... mounts Legacy is just that.. a legacy...this argument also applies to other hockey academies as well...
And we have a winner. Spot on

Boston Imperials Hockey Academy is in their first year and has good people involved. They also have a dorm now, and great location. Give them another year and they might be right up there. Too soon to tell, but for their first year in a pandemic, it’s a good start.

Anon
Boston Imperials Hockey Academy is in their first year and has good people involved. They also have a dorm now, and great location. Give them another year and they might be right up there. Too soon to tell, but for their first year in a pandemic, it’s a good start.
I would definitely send my son to boston imperials over msc anyday

Lol...I’ll give the Imperials 5 years to get within 2-goals of any Mount team. Mount has the model and it works. Tough to replicate but good luck!

Anon
Lol...I’ll give the Imperials 5 years to get within 2-goals of any Mount team. Mount has the model and it works. Tough to replicate but good luck!
Thanks Mount Dad...most MSC coaches bailing after this year...

Anon
Anon
Thanks Mount Dad...most MSC coaches bailing after this year...
Seriously? They got some good kids this year. From what I’ve heard, Lower ages markedly improving and upper ages already on top

No reason to bail when you’re winning and you have the best product. The program recruits for itself. Every high end U14-U-18 in the US is eyeing MSC. And when international players are knocking at your door you’re doing something right.

Anon
have you seen the mount pathetic dorms and weight room??? I think prison has better facilities 😝

Anon
Anon
I would definitely send my son to boston imperials over msc anyday
Sorry MSC didn't invite you back...

Mount is going to do the same thing that selects academy did with the 00 group. Just about every kid will go for the donut for 2-3 years build the program name up to get people to want to play there. Then everyone will be paying close to full price and the program will come crashing down. The coaches will jump to another program ( BK) that will allow them to have freebies for a while to get it up and going. These coaches aren’t dumb they know the talent level goes down once they hit the 20k for the top players they have.

It’s easy to recruit high end kids when everyone going to almost nothing. The top prep schools are the same way with top 10 or so kids going for less than 15k ( some way less) how hard is it to recruit with free money ?

MSC has a legacy that these other more recent pop up academies can never have. They also have an established ACTUAL high school with science and computer labs as opposed to a room with a tutor and some online courses. It clearly is not an Exeter or Andover but it is a great option for a decent student and a solid talented hockey player. My kid does not go there but we looked and were impressed. Great coaching, good school, small, easily navigated, Catholic education with a solid history. Definitely a great option for the right player.

Marc, my son has played with and against your son over the years. He’s a great kid and strong player so hold your head up high. Parents love to drag down the good kids and comment about situations they don’t understand. Best of luck on his new team during this crazy season.