The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I don't think PV is worth the money.

My kid isn't down the Cape with him, so he has somebody else coaching my kid.

Tell me why I have no idea! There are skating programs for half the money.

Re: I don't think PV is worth the money.

Anon

But he uses special cones for $2600.00

Biggest throwaway of 3000 dollars there is, you were warned

Any skills camp isn't going to be as good when The Man isn't there.

I think the real question here is, does even that make a difference any more? How often is he lacing them up at this stage? Would you even want him to?

Anon

So sorry that someone forced you to sign up. Simple solution is to stay away!
Being able to say, " My son skates with PV all summer " , isn't that worth something

The days of kids showing up with PV or Dynamic Skating jerseys to tryouts, camps and practices doesn’t carry the weight it used to.

My Kids in Canton. Maybe overpriced but skills are good. Solution to that...... Don't be a failure to your kid and make more money so its not expensive. Your the Loser not Paul. He STACKING cash down Falmouth. Shout out this loser.

Make more money so you support a program that doesn't benefit the play at that price? You're giving advice? check the mirror if you want to see a loser.

What’s the best skills?

Anon
What’s the best skills?
My kid’s guy. But he’s extremely exclusive.

Who cares?

The only thing that matters is the kid, not the coach. There was a great story about a current NHL'er who used to skate on the frozen puddles that formed in the potholes of his driveway. Of course skill instructors will always use names of pro's they produced, that is how they attract the money. Money is stupid and always think things have a price. Throw as much as you can at a problem and voila! Hundreds of good instructors out there it is up to your kid if they listen and give max effort. Im sure PV is just fine, probably has good helpers too. My advice is to find a young guy starting out that your kid jives with. PV was there once too.

Anon
The only thing that matters is the kid, not the coach. There was a great story about a current NHL'er who used to skate on the frozen puddles that formed in the potholes of his driveway. Of course skill instructors will always use names of pro's they produced, that is how they attract the money. Money is stupid and always think things have a price. Throw as much as you can at a problem and voila! Hundreds of good instructors out there it is up to your kid if they listen and give max effort. Im sure PV is just fine, probably has good helpers too. My advice is to find a young guy starting out that your kid jives with. PV was there once too.
That’s a nice story. I like stories.

My kid works with a 62 year old that he “jives with” that is trying to decide if he wants to work with an NHL team full time again. It’s called mentoring.

LOl man keep drinkin the koolaid then buddy. A fool and his money. Simple math.....maybe not for you but for most. number of pro's produced divided by number of kids that go through a program. My guess is you will get to around 3 zeros (after that decimal point). Now what that means is less than 1%. Pros have skating coaches to help them tweak some of their game or correct something but even for them its hard to change what they have been doing for years. If it helps you sleep at night cool, this guy considering working with an NHL team again I am sure is gods gift and the missing piece to your kids game. My point was if your kid doesn't put in the work it wouldn't matter. My kid has worked with plenty of current and former NHL skill coaches as well, that is how they supplement their income.

Prospects or bust

Anon
LOl man keep drinkin the koolaid then buddy. A fool and his money. Simple math.....maybe not for you but for most. number of pro's produced divided by number of kids that go through a program. My guess is you will get to around 3 zeros (after that decimal point). Now what that means is less than 1%. Pros have skating coaches to help them tweak some of their game or correct something but even for them its hard to change what they have been doing for years. If it helps you sleep at night cool, this guy considering working with an NHL team again I am sure is gods gift and the missing piece to your kids game. My point was if your kid doesn't put in the work it wouldn't matter. My kid has worked with plenty of current and former NHL skill coaches as well, that is how they supplement their income.
Sooooo, your kid "has worked with plenty of current and former NHL skill coaches," but if mine does, I'm "drinkin the koolaid?"

Also, a guy that works a team's development camp isn't an "NHL skills coach." And there aren't enough "current and former NHL skill coaches" in this area for your kid to have worked with "plenty."

You are right, though. The kid has to put in the work. No one that'ws good is going to work with ha lazy kid. It isn't worth their time and aggravation.

And, any skills coach will tell you, you aren't going to get much benefit from bouncing around to "plenty" of coaches. You have work with someone consistently to build the muscle memory significant improvement requires.

My kid is super lucky. He's been working with his "mentor" since he was 14. It's my hard work that pays for it - and it's worth every dime to me - but it's HIS hard work that earns him the opportunity.

What at tool.

One clear and straightforward fact - PV is available for anyone who has an internet access and wallet. You pay $$$ and decent coaches will teach any kids (except two college player coaches this year in Canton. They were unusually bad for PV). Sure..it is up to kids to put efforts and you cannot do much other than PV during the summer. But PV is pretty much the only mass-market option for someone who are not invited to invitation-only summer skills for Eagles/BA/IHC Elite kids.

Anon
One clear and straightforward fact - PV is available for anyone who has an internet access and wallet. You pay $$$ and decent coaches will teach any kids (except two college player coaches this year in Canton. They were unusually bad for PV). Sure..it is up to kids to put efforts and you cannot do much other than PV during the summer. But PV is pretty much the only mass-market option for someone who are not invited to invitation-only summer skills for Eagles/BA/IHC Elite kids.
I doubt PV will be asking you to write copy for next year’s brochure. Not exactly a ringing endorsement that any schmo is likely to be there, screwing up the drill for the 14,000th time.

At those prices you want you kid to be pushed a little.