Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Selects Academy and Mount St Charles

Boston Imperials Hockey Academy is in their first year and has good people involved. They also have a dorm now, and great location. Give them another year and they might be right up there. Too soon to tell, but for their first year in a pandemic, it’s a good start.

Anon
Boston Imperials Hockey Academy is in their first year and has good people involved. They also have a dorm now, and great location. Give them another year and they might be right up there. Too soon to tell, but for their first year in a pandemic, it’s a good start.
I would definitely send my son to boston imperials over msc anyday

Lol...I’ll give the Imperials 5 years to get within 2-goals of any Mount team. Mount has the model and it works. Tough to replicate but good luck!

Anon
Lol...I’ll give the Imperials 5 years to get within 2-goals of any Mount team. Mount has the model and it works. Tough to replicate but good luck!
Thanks Mount Dad...most MSC coaches bailing after this year...

Anon
Anon
Thanks Mount Dad...most MSC coaches bailing after this year...
Seriously? They got some good kids this year. From what I’ve heard, Lower ages markedly improving and upper ages already on top

No reason to bail when you’re winning and you have the best product. The program recruits for itself. Every high end U14-U-18 in the US is eyeing MSC. And when international players are knocking at your door you’re doing something right.

Anon
have you seen the mount pathetic dorms and weight room??? I think prison has better facilities 😝

Anon
Anon
I would definitely send my son to boston imperials over msc anyday
Sorry MSC didn't invite you back...

Mount is going to do the same thing that selects academy did with the 00 group. Just about every kid will go for the donut for 2-3 years build the program name up to get people to want to play there. Then everyone will be paying close to full price and the program will come crashing down. The coaches will jump to another program ( BK) that will allow them to have freebies for a while to get it up and going. These coaches aren’t dumb they know the talent level goes down once they hit the 20k for the top players they have.

It’s easy to recruit high end kids when everyone going to almost nothing. The top prep schools are the same way with top 10 or so kids going for less than 15k ( some way less) how hard is it to recruit with free money ?

MSC has a legacy that these other more recent pop up academies can never have. They also have an established ACTUAL high school with science and computer labs as opposed to a room with a tutor and some online courses. It clearly is not an Exeter or Andover but it is a great option for a decent student and a solid talented hockey player. My kid does not go there but we looked and were impressed. Great coaching, good school, small, easily navigated, Catholic education with a solid history. Definitely a great option for the right player.

Marc, my son has played with and against your son over the years. He’s a great kid and strong player so hold your head up high. Parents love to drag down the good kids and comment about situations they don’t understand. Best of luck on his new team during this crazy season.