High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Elite Prospects

Anon
anon
So I hear parents will legit sit there and click on their kid to make it look like they are getting views. Tell me this isn\'t so? WTF is wrong with people. A 3rd line kid on a bad team has 4000 views? Cmon mom and dad, stop it.
I quit my job so I could sit at home and every 10 mins I click on my dusters name
At least your honest about it, hope it gets him that scholarship

anon
So I hear parents will legit sit there and click on their kid to make it look like they are getting views. Tell me this isn't so? WTF is wrong with people. A 3rd line kid on a bad team has 4000 views? Cmon mom and dad, stop it.
“So I hear”?
You have too much free time on your hands if you are worrying about other people’s kids page visits to a website the means nothing.

Anon
anon
So I hear parents will legit sit there and click on their kid to make it look like they are getting views. Tell me this isn\'t so? WTF is wrong with people. A 3rd line kid on a bad team has 4000 views? Cmon mom and dad, stop it.
“So I hear”?
You have too much free time on your hands if you are worrying about other people’s kids page visits to a website the means nothing.
You have to much free time blah blah blah..it doesn’t matter how
Much time I have( rock voice). Just stop doing it, it’s pathetic.

Anon
Anon
anon
So I hear parents will legit sit there and click on their kid to make it look like they are getting views. Tell me this isn\\\'t so? WTF is wrong with people. A 3rd line kid on a bad team has 4000 views? Cmon mom and dad, stop it.
“So I hear”?
I think what the other poster is saying, is, you're equally, if not more pathetic, for caring what someone else is doing that doesn't affect you.

If the guy think it helps his kid (it doesn't) then why do you care?

Unless it's your insecurities being exposed as you think maybe you're not doing enough to support your kid, and he's going to be left behind?

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
So I hear parents will legit sit there and click on their kid to make it look like they are getting views. Tell me this isn\\\\\\\'t so? WTF is wrong with people. A 3rd line kid on a bad team has 4000 views? Cmon mom and dad, stop it.
“So I hear”?
I think what the other poster is saying, is, you're equally, if not more pathetic, for caring what someone else is doing that doesn't affect you.

If the guy think it helps his kid (it doesn't) then why do you care?

Unless it's your insecurities being exposed as you think maybe you're not doing enough to support your kid, and he's going to be left behind?
Let the democrats emerge! I don't care what you people do, I was in a conversation with a coach and he mentioned that crazy people are now going on to this website and continuously clicking on their kids name and then sending that information of coaches in introduction emails. That doesn't sound a little crazy to you? Follow this:
1. Go on eliteprospect website
2. Search for your kid
3. Repeat 1000 times
4. Send introduction email to a coach and include your kids EP link

Sound crazy? I am basically calling you crazy and pathetic but hey its 2020 so there is nothing wrong with it, trophy's for all! I know your father would have done the same thing back in the 70s/80s, right?

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
So I hear parents will legit sit there and click on their kid to make it look like they are getting views. Tell me this isn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t so? WTF is wrong with people. A 3rd line kid on a bad team has 4000 views? Cmon mom and dad, stop it.
“So I hear”?
I think what the other poster is saying, is, you\'re equally, if not more pathetic, for caring what someone else is doing that doesn\'t affect you.

If the guy think it helps his kid (it doesn\'t) then why do you care?

Unless it\'s your insecurities being exposed as you think maybe you\'re not doing enough to support your kid, and he\'s going to be left behind?
Let the democrats emerge! I don't care what you people do, I was in a conversation with a coach and he mentioned that crazy people are now going on to this website and continuously clicking on their kids name and then sending that information of coaches in introduction emails. That doesn't sound a little crazy to you? Follow this:
2. Search for your kid
3. Repeat 1000 times

Sound crazy? I am basically calling you crazy and pathetic but hey its 2020 so there is nothing wrong with it, trophy's for all! I know your father would have done the same thing back in the 70s/80s, right?
You're a nutcase. Seek professional help.

anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
So I hear parents will legit sit there and click on their kid to make it look like they are getting views. Tell me this isn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t so? WTF is wrong with people. A 3rd line kid on a bad team has 4000 views? Cmon mom and dad, stop it.
“So I hear”?
I think what the other poster is saying, is, you\\\'re equally, if not more pathetic, for caring what someone else is doing that doesn\\\'t affect you.

If the guy think it helps his kid (it doesn\\\'t) then why do you care?

Unless it\\\'s your insecurities being exposed as you think maybe you\\\'re not doing enough to support your kid, and he\\\'s going to be left behind?
Let the democrats emerge! I don\'t care what you people do, I was in a conversation with a coach and he mentioned that crazy people are now going on to this website and continuously clicking on their kids name and then sending that information of coaches in introduction emails. That doesn\'t sound a little crazy to you? Follow this:
2. Search for your kid
3. Repeat 1000 times

Sound crazy? I am basically calling you crazy and pathetic but hey its 2020 so there is nothing wrong with it, trophy\'s for all! I know your father would have done the same thing back in the 70s/80s, right?
You're a nutcase. Seek professional help.
And you keep clicking on your sons name

It is a meaningless website. Lol, do you think a scout would go into a meeting with his GM and say, we need this kid, I mean look at how many clicks his EP profile is getting!

It just shows what you are really focused on, attention. Post your kids name and I will go on there for you and click his name 5000 times.

Neutral Zone, NEHJ, HNIB, etc its just more pay for hype and the only ones you are hyping to are other parents. Nobody cares what these people think, if they did they would be paid by hockey clubs, not by parents.

Anon
It is a meaningless website. Lol, do you think a scout would go into a meeting with his GM and say, we need this kid, I mean look at how many clicks his EP profile is getting!

It just shows what you are really focused on, attention. Post your kids name and I will go on there for you and click his name 5000 times.

Neutral Zone, NEHJ, HNIB, etc its just more pay for hype and the only ones you are hyping to are other parents. Nobody cares what these people think, if they did they would be paid by hockey clubs, not by parents.
So who gets paid by hockey clubs?

I spent all day clicking on my kids profile. He now has 4 views! D1 baby!

This site is cool. There is an 03 with 300,000 views. Is he the next Gretzky? I looked up some very good players that we know of and they have 3K views. Is that good? My sons team isn't even on it..lol Is that player 297,000 times better than the kids with 3k view? How does this work? Explain

anon
This site is cool. There is an 03 with 300,000 views. Is he the next Gretzky? I looked up some very good players that we know of and they have 3K views. Is that good? My sons team isn't even on it..lol Is that player 297,000 times better than the kids with 3k view? How does this work? Explain
Further evidence of what those in the sport at the highest levels are telling me - that everything is spiraling downhill at light speed with every succeeding birth year.

Patrice Bergeron's site has 200,000 views. Some random 2003 has 300,000? How is that possible?

It's because it's the same behavior on display as the parents that we read about here that seem to know where every kid age 8 and above is playing next year.

You're all crazy, and you're hurting your kids. They lack fundamentals, they reach HS without understanding systems and basic game play, they have yet to understand that no player can skate as fast as a puck that's passed can travel.

Unreal.

anon
A certain person is good with #’s and we will leave it at that.
There are programs that can be written to comprise the integrity of the hit count.

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
So I hear parents will legit sit there and click on their kid to make it look like they are getting views. Tell me this isn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t so? WTF is wrong with people. A 3rd line kid on a bad team has 4000 views? Cmon mom and dad, stop it.
“So I hear”?
I think what the other poster is saying, is, you\'re equally, if not more pathetic, for caring what someone else is doing that doesn\'t affect you.

If the guy think it helps his kid (it doesn\'t) then why do you care?

Unless it\'s your insecurities being exposed as you think maybe you\'re not doing enough to support your kid, and he\'s going to be left behind?
2. Search for your kid
3. Repeat 1000 times

I am sure the email goes something like this:

“Hi Coach - my son is an 03 and I’m emailing you about a spot for him, he’s 16-17 now. I know you don’t know him or anything about him and you have never seen him play. I am providing you with his online profile which has a lot of hits, could you send him a contract? “

This is ridicules, no one does this and no coach said this....

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
So I hear parents will legit sit there and click on their kid to make it look like they are getting views. Tell me this isn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t so? WTF is wrong with people. A 3rd line kid on a bad team has 4000 views? Cmon mom and dad, stop it.
“So I hear”?
I think what the other poster is saying, is, you\\\'re equally, if not more pathetic, for caring what someone else is doing that doesn\\\'t affect you.

If the guy think it helps his kid (it doesn\\\'t) then why do you care?

Unless it\\\'s your insecurities being exposed as you think maybe you\\\'re not doing enough to support your kid, and he\\\'s going to be left behind?
Let the democrats emerge! I don\'t care what you people do, I was in a conversation with a coach and he mentioned that crazy people are now going on to this website and continuously clicking on their kids name and then sending that information of coaches in introduction emails. That doesn\'t sound a little crazy to you? Follow this:
2. Search for your kid
3. Repeat 1000 times

Sound crazy? I am basically calling you crazy and pathetic but hey its 2020 so there is nothing wrong with it, trophy\'s for all! I know your father would have done the same thing back in the 70s/80s, right?
I am sure the email goes something like this:

“Hi Coach - my son is an 03 and I’m emailing you about a spot for him, he’s 16-17 now. I know you don’t know him or anything about him and you have never seen him play. I am providing you with his online profile which has a lot of hits, could you send him a contract? “

This is ridicules, no one does this and no coach said this....

Ok, ask JL, the skills coach what he thinks of Elite Prospects. “ Just send me your past coaches name and your EP page”

Coaches and teams certainly care about a players elite prospect page, is high is why they ask for it.

They don’t care about how many views it has. They care about the stats and more importantly what league those stats are in. What league speaks volumes and what a player does in a specific league is what matters.

Stats don’t lie. Parents do !

Coaches see a kid getting time or playing minutes in the NA is a big difference than a kid playing in the NA3 and putting up zeros in both leagues.

EP page will give them the team and the league. Stats dont matter, I love my son but no way in hell he had the numbers that are posted on that site. Zero vetting of what is turned in. Again, it comes down to what they see on the ice, not off it. All the rest if for the parents. Paying for ego boost that is it.

Anon
EP page will give them the team and the league. Stats dont matter, I love my son but no way in hell he had the numbers that are posted on that site. Zero vetting of what is turned in. Again, it comes down to what they see on the ice, not off it. All the rest if for the parents. Paying for ego boost that is it.
He must be in the USPHL. Stats for every league above that are legit. USPHL still leaves it up to the coaches so they fill in the numbers with their favorites. Plus the refs are too lazy to record secondary assists, leaving the barn door wide open.

Anon
Anon
He must be in the USPHL. Stats for every league above that are legit. USPHL still leaves it up to the coaches so they fill in the numbers with their favorites. Plus the refs are too lazy to record secondary assists, leaving the barn door wide open.
Really? You are going to ONLY call out the USPHL for this? Ummmm how about every league up to Jrs... Cmon man

Anon
Anon
Anon
Really? You are going to ONLY call out the USPHL for this? Ummmm how about every league up to Jrs... Cmon man
My kid hasn’t played in the NA3 so I can’t comment. That’s why I said every league above the USPHL.

When he was in the USPHL only 15% of goals had a secondary assist recorded over the course of an entire season. The good news is his coach wasn’t padding the results. In talking with other parents, that gap was being filled by the coaches around the league in favor of certain players.

The bad news is, as a D Man he lost a lot of points to the laziness of the refs. Since teams do look at the numbers that hurt him.

But, all’s good now. His numbers are back to normal for him. Every point he and his teammates earned was recorded by the scorekeeper, in the box score, posted practically live on the league websites, and auto loaded to EP within a few hours. However it is that works, it works.

Except in the USPHL. They seem to not have figured it out.