Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prep Hockey = Not Happening

Anony
Anon
anon
Anon
Are you people stupid or something? Keep sending those checks! They will have a season, it will be no contact, wait 4 v 4, wait 3 v 3 , now it’s 2 v 2 lol.

Keep sending those checks you morons. It’s a fishing expedition!

Stupid is as Stupid does......
Angry much?
More jealous than stupid, but pretty stupid also. Hockey will not be the same for any team or league this year, but I’m confident the prep kids will have better development and a better experience than any full season team. Fact!
Why are you confident prep kids will have better development and a better experience than any full season team? I’m a big fan of prep hockey, but the current environment will have much more impact on prep hockey than full season hockey. Prep schools have an entire school community to worry about. That will be the primary influencer for decisions made regarding prep sports. Full season teams only have to deal with a team. Academy teams are somewhere in the middle. They are in a school environment but play in split and full season leagues. Split teams will likely go full season if the prep season becomes an issue.

Regardless of school or team, there is likely to be more training and fewer games this season. We could have an overall debate about this, but I believe more training and fewer games is better for development.
I agree with you on the training has more value than games, but I think Prep schools allowing boarding will last longer than FS teams, the kids are in lockdown from the day they get to campus, tested for covid upon arrival, much less chance of a covid spread as opposed to the FS teams who are traveling to school, home, the rink and everywhere in between. I just dont see the FS model lasting very long before an outbreak occurs as we have seen in Exeter and Cromwell. Also, the Prep schools can have a structured plan of on-ice/off-ice/ video etc, again all in a controlled environment.

Interesting to see what schools like Loomis and Dexter will be doing with their student athletes.

The thing is, no one knows what is going to happen. Most, if not all hockey is a guessing game right now. Prep gives my kid an education and experience first, the hockey is important but again, its huge question mark. At the very least he will be able to skate and work with who is there. If he is not good enough when this clears up, he was never good enough and thank god he is getting that education. If your kid is honor roll and doing amazing in the classroom already, good for you, mine is doing far better than he was doing full season and regular school.

Anon
Are you people stupid or something? Keep sending those checks! They will have a season, it will be no contact, wait 4 v 4, wait 3 v 3 , now it’s 2 v 2 lol.

Keep sending those checks you morons. It’s a fishing expedition!

Stupid is as Stupid does......
Jealous junkie