The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NCAA D3

Is there a way to get a full ride to play D3 hockey or is that unheard of? Will you still need to pay $20k +

Re: NCAA D3

Holy ****. Do you even know what D-III means?

Kind of a dumb question. Obviously, there are no full rides in D3. If you are a Massachusetts resident, you should aspire to go to a school like Umass Boston one of the best D3 programs in the country and you would pay in state tuition. Fitchburg State and Salem State are also good in state tuiton options and are good hockey programs.

ANON
Kind of a dumb question. Obviously, there are no full rides in D3. If you are a Massachusetts resident, you should aspire to go to a school like Umass Boston one of the best D3 programs in the country and you would pay in state tuition. Fitchburg State and Salem State are also good in state tuiton options and are good hockey programs.
You have GOT to be joking.

Must be Library Day at Walpole.

ANON
UMass B is not a good school. Why would you go there to play hockey?
Once you get out, how will Umass help you on your resume?

The only reputable school in the Massachusetts public college/university system is U Lowell. All others are low end schools.

Are you serious? Fitchburg, UMass Boston, Umass Dartmouth, Salem State, Worcester State, etc are awful schools just to go to play hockey. How in the world will they help you when you graduate and get a job?

Division 3 has no scholarships.

ANON
False.

Anon
ANON
False.
Have to agree. Our oldest went D3 for soccer. We pains no tuition and 1/2 room and board per year for 4 years.

Umass Boston is one of the better programs in D3 College Hockey. Academics are what you make of it. Doesn't matter if go to Umass Boston or a D1 school.

ANON
Umass Boston is one of the better programs in D3 College Hockey. Academics are what you make of it. Doesn't matter if go to Umass Boston or a D1 school.
Not lately they aren't.

Plymouth State is the top state college in D-III these days. By a wide margin.

Agreed. I went to a MA state school and make six figures.
Better to be an engineer from a state school than a philosophy major from some "elite" school.

anon
Better to be an engineer from a state school than a philosophy major from some "elite" school.

So true. You can finish at the bottom of your medical school class in Mexico and still be called Doctor.

But, I don’t want you operating on me.

Hopefully you’re not a civil engineer, Mr. Six Figures. If you are please send me your project list so I can steer clear.

Not a civil engineer, but I took enough math to help you figure out how to pay off your school loans that I don't have.

anon
Not a civil engineer, but I took enough math to help you figure out how to pay off your school loans that I don't have.
I promise you wouldn’t like the number of commas on my W-2.

Any college grad that isn’t making six figures by the time they have hockey age kids isn’t trying.

Anon
anon
Better to be an engineer from a state school than a philosophy major from some \"elite\" school.

So true. You can finish at the bottom of your medical school class in Mexico and still be called Doctor.

But, I don’t want you operating on me.

Hopefully you’re not a civil engineer, Mr. Six Figures. If you are please send me your project list so I can steer clear.
I've been working on one project and thats closing up your wife's black hole for the past year

Anon
Anon
ANON
False.
Have to agree. Our oldest went D3 for soccer. We pains no tuition and 1/2 room and board per year for 4 years.
D3 schools not allowed to give athletic money

Anon
Anon
Anon
ANON
False.
D3 schools not allowed to give athletic money
They find a way.

anon
Is there a way to get a full ride to play D3 hockey or is that unheard of? Will you still need to pay $20k +
Yes. Academic. Scholarship.

There are no Athletic Scholarships for DIII

Anon
That is SO super helpful!

Wow, glad I checked this thread!

Hey Captain Obvious, you're 100% correct. But, athletes do get academic scholarships and need scholarships and pretty much anything the school can think of.

Who cares what they are called?

Hey Morons, have you ever been to a DII game? It is excellent hockey. The days of high school to DIII are over. Almost all rosters are kids from Juniors or transfers. You cannot get an official scholarship, but aid plus academic scholarships can pay a lot of tuition. Why are you ranking on these schools? Education is what you make of it. These schools give students the tools to make it. Check out a game or two, you might enjoy it.

Clark Center

Hey Morons, have you ever been to a DII game? It is excellent hockey. The days of high school to DIII are over. Almost all rosters are kids from Juniors or transfers. You cannot get an official scholarship, but aid plus academic scholarships can pay a lot of tuition. Why are you ranking on these schools? Education is what you make of it. These schools give students the tools to make it. Check out a game or two, you might enjoy it.
DII? Not great hockey.

Clark Center

D2 hockey is brutal.

Anon
Anon
That is SO super helpful!

Wow, glad I checked this thread!

Hey Captain Obvious, you're 100% correct. But, athletes do get academic scholarships and need scholarships and pretty much anything the school can think of.

Who cares what they are called?
Aren't those 'other' dollars also available at D1 schools?

D3 hockey is good hockey. Go watch Norwich, who could beat the bottom third of D1 teams. Umass Boston is a very good program. The top 3 teams from MASCAC are decent. Lots of good programs in the Northeast

ANON
D3 hockey is good hockey. Go watch Norwich, who could beat the bottom third of D1 teams. Umass Boston is a very good program. The top 3 teams from MASCAC are decent. Lots of good programs in the Northeast
Norwich has a good program, but no, they couldn't beat the bottom third of DI. Some of you D3 folks are delerious.

Anon
ANON
Norwich has a good program, but no, they couldn\'t beat the bottom third of DI. Some of you D3 folks are delerious.
Well you couldn’t even crack admissions at a D3 school. The word is spelled delirious!

About 90% of people on this board will never see their kid good enough to play D3 hockey, so stop the foolishness.

I don't think people realize how difficult it is for a kid to play D3 hockey.

According to the NCAA website and their own data, only 6.8% of teens will advance to D3 Hockey.

Take it from someone who played in the 80s. Its evolved. Good D3 now is more like D1 used to be. Club Hockey now is more like D3 used to be.

Good luck to all.

Anon
ANON
Norwich has a good program, but no, they couldn't beat the bottom third of DI. Some of you D3 folks are delerious.
So this **** keeps going on even after the kiddie board. I was hoping the adults mature along with their kids....

anon
Anon
ANON
Norwich has a good program, but no, they couldn\'t beat the bottom third of DI. Some of you D3 folks are delerious.
So this **** keeps going on even after the kiddie board. I was hoping the adults mature along with their kids....
Didn't used to. Behavior of adults is rapidly declining with each birth year.

Just wait until the 08's turn 18. D3 colleges will be stacked.

Anon
Just wait until the 08's turn 18. D3 colleges will be stacked.
And stinky socks will be stacked a few years after that

Give me a break. Who is delirious here? Norwich would have beaten any of the bottom third D1 teams last year, and most years for that matter. UVM, UNH, St. Lawrence, Brown, Princeton, Dartmouth, Yale, any of the Atlantic Hockey teams. No question about it.