Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Why no scores?

Took this from another post, but true: The first rule about Beast Tournaments is you don't talk about Beast Tournaments. The second rule about Beats Tournaments is you don't talk about Beast Tournaments, But the most important rule of Beast Tournaments is, F u c k the rules.

Because no one cares.

If the Beast tournaments are not good...what tournaments are good?

Agree. All that matter is who scouted the games and how far you reached out to include teams from outside of MA/NH/RI. A NESCAC coach just posted a picture of himself watching LiveBarn of a game in the Beast tournament. Meanwhile, look at the schedule of the Boston Breakout. It’s nothing different from local scrimmages in MA. Beast is the only meaning venue for half season this year.

Anon
Agree. All that matter is who scouted the games and how far you reached out to include teams from outside of MA/NH/RI. A NESCAC coach just posted a picture of himself watching LiveBarn of a game in the Beast tournament. Meanwhile, look at the schedule of the Boston Breakout. It’s nothing different from local scrimmages in MA. Beast is the only meaning venue for half season this year.
Now imagine that coach had rosters, a schedule of games and printed results?

Imagine further that this "scout" was credible or not asked to do so by the tournament organizers.

This is like talking to my kid. If its on social media, I would put no stock in it. The whole thing is one big ring of guys all helping each other make a living "scouts", "advisors", "exposure events" are all taking money from you for something they can not provide.

The only truth is that if your kid is good enough, they will find him. They being someone who actually can affect their future and that person will not take money from them or you.

Most, if not all tournaments are a mixed bag, there are far too many, and in any leagues outside the normal season you always get mixed attendance, talent levels and rosters. If your kid has not generated interest from their regular season it is a stretch to think that they will in any of these tournaments.

If you have a paid advisor I am sure a "scout" or prep coach will fain interest but when the rubber hits the road you will find out that it was most likely just one friend helping out another.

More right than you know.
When I played years and years ago serious players were trying to make the Q and minor pros. Scouts and agents found them.
Nowadays people are schmoozed into spending a fortune each year with the "dream" of their kid possibly playing D3 college hockey.

If they do and they get a good education and a possible future out of it ok but still paying money to someone for all of that, unless it comes back to you in the form of financial aid is ridiculous.

Anon
If they do and they get a good education and a possible future out of it ok but still paying money to someone for all of that, unless it comes back to you in the form of financial aid is ridiculous.

Unless, it’s a “can’t take it with me” scenario.