The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
95 Giants

What's up with this club? My kid got asked on instagram to play for their 16s. Any info on coach? Club? Training protocol? Etc. Thx in advance!

Re: 95 Giants

Do a search above, you’ll get plenty of information. They’re one of the most talked-about teams outside of the youth level. Which isn’t a good thing.

Doesn’t mean it doesn’t represent an opportunity for your kid that he wouldn’t otherwise have. Just need to go in eyes wide open.

anon
What's up with this club? My kid got asked on instagram to play for their 16s. Any info on coach? Club? Training protocol? Etc. Thx in advance!
They have three 16 teams, each of which is progressively worse than the previous.

horrendous... and outright shameful that parents have to pay that much for hockey to feel they are playing above town hockey, when the product on the ice is several levels below town hockey.

have him play, they need all the help they can get.

Anon
anon
They have three 16 teams, each of which is progressively worse than the previous.

horrendous... and outright shameful that parents have to pay that much for hockey to feel they are playing above town hockey, when the product on the ice is several levels below town hockey.

Not true.... director is a good guy and does a good job

anon
Anon
anon

Not true.... director is a good guy and does a good job
Thanks RL.

The problem with the 95 Giants STARTS with the GM.

The only thing he is worse at than being a GM is being a coach.

And don't forget the COVID..

..and the RI kids crossing into the Mass without tests or using fake Mass addresses.

anon

..and the RI kids crossing into the Mass without tests or using fake Mass addresses.
Win if you can....lose if you must....but always Cheat to Win:laughing:

anon

What does that have to do with the question? The OP asked for feedback on the program, which turned into sad pathetic loser dads hiding behind a keyboard taking anonymous shots at the director without signing their name, and you say don't forget about Covid? Was it the 95 Giants who created covid? What the he*l does "and don't forget about covid" add to this conversation?

anon
anon

What does that have to do with the question? The OP asked for feedback on the program, which turned into sad pathetic loser dads hiding behind a keyboard taking anonymous shots at the director without signing their name, and you say don't forget about Covid? Was it the 95 Giants who created covid? What the he*l does "and don't forget about covid" add to this conversation?
what it adds.. is the complete lack of institutional controls at the Giants when it comes to COVID. I don't know about every program, but this one seems very unsure of what to do and how to handle things.(hint.. they've already teams quarantined and have looked the other way on guidelines..)

Just walk into NESV this Saturday for yourself and watch how things are handled. The rink isn't doing much to make a safe environment and the programs aren't holding them accountable.

anon
anon
anon

what it adds.. is the complete lack of institutional controls at the Giants when it comes to COVID. I don't know about every program, but this one seems very unsure of what to do and how to handle things.(hint.. they've already teams quarantined and have looked the other way on guidelines..)

Just walk into NESV this Saturday for yourself and watch how things are handled. The rink isn't doing much to make a safe environment and the programs aren't holding them accountable.
so because the rink isn't putting on a dog and pony show, that means the Giants program is negligent and doesn't care about the safety of the kids? Give me a break. By your writing, its pretty obvious that you have a kid in the Giants program and aren't happy. So instead of bashing them on here without signing your name, why don't you go and talk to the coaches and director or the rink? Lot of miserable people on here whining about everything, beat it

Ultimately you need to blame that gullible idiot parents. At all levels but especially midgets.

Saying that, program could be good but it won’t ever. Same for Knights. Lovell brothers are to blame. They are greedy, and do not care about quality. Proof is in their records over the years.

My kid played there for a year. They scramble for bodies, the coaching is absolutely horrible and equivalent to mite or squirts when it comes to systems and actually teaching the game. No breakdown of the game, film, skills, lifting, etc...all useless flow drills...

Key metrics are to look at the kids who actually come back year over a year. Very low percentage. Single digits at best.

TL wanted my kid to play up at the advantage after he saw them at the combine. The knucklehead in Attleboro wouldn’t let it happen. Who’s to blame there? The owner for employing the drunk and me for writing the check.

Should’ve gone prep when he had an offer.

Don’t waste your time playing full season midget hockey unless the kid is good enough to play prep or USHL. It’s literally that simple.

It’s basically equivalent to parents chasing the dream and letting their kids play EHL Premier. If you are doing that as well you deserve what you’re going to get.

Anon
Ultimately you need to blame that gullible idiot parents. At all levels but especially midgets.

Saying that, program could be good but it won’t ever. Same for Knights. Lovell brothers are to blame. They are greedy, and do not care about quality. Proof is in their records over the years.

My kid played there for a year. They scramble for bodies, the coaching is absolutely horrible and equivalent to mite or squirts when it comes to systems and actually teaching the game. No breakdown of the game, film, skills, lifting, etc...all useless flow drills...

Key metrics are to look at the kids who actually come back year over a year. Very low percentage. Single digits at best.

TL wanted my kid to play up at the advantage after he saw them at the combine. The knucklehead in Attleboro wouldn’t let it happen. Who’s to blame there? The owner for employing the drunk and me for writing the check.

Should’ve gone prep when he had an offer.

Don’t waste your time playing full season midget hockey unless the kid is good enough to play prep or USHL. It’s literally that simple.

It’s basically equivalent to parents chasing the dream and letting their kids play EHL Premier. If you are doing that as well you deserve what you’re going to get.

Don’t you go knocking the drrrrrrector. His drinking buddy will put a hex on you.

"Don’t waste your time playing full season midget hockey unless the kid is good enough to play prep or USHL. It’s literally that simple."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No its not. That is literally stupid.
First please don't equate prep and the USHL. Not even close.
Second, some midget players do very well going the Tier 2 route (NAHL, BCHL, NCDC).
Its never that simple.

anon
"Don’t waste your time playing full season midget hockey unless the kid is good enough to play prep or USHL. It’s literally that simple."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No its not. That is literally stupid.
First please don't equate prep and the USHL. Not even close.
Second, some midget players do very well going the Tier 2 route (NAHL, BCHL, NCDC).
Its never that simple.
Even Tier III hockey - which leads to D-III NCAA - is far better than most of the dads ragging on it ever achieved athletically in their lives - or, in most cases, than their kids will ever do.

I can only speak for the team that my son is on for giants and they have been shut down for 12 days now with an email being sent out from program. Just because one team has covid the entire building doesn’t have to shut down but sure you can go to NESV on Saturday I’m sure you’ll be able to watch one of the 48 midget teams they have playing. You idiots are the reason why my son has to be tested once a week to get into the building.

anon
anon

The OP and the appropriate responses were directed at the U16 teams specifically, not the program and certainly not the program director. You are the only one who mentioned the director. First, with responding that it was untrue that the U16 are really bad, which is not debatable, so you lose credibility immediately.

U16 is a mess everywhere, totally hit or miss, are kids playing full season because they are too good for thier high school, or playing because they are so bad they can't make their high school. Its both unfortunately and you get a really mixed bag.

Overall the Lovell program is not a bad thing. The Advantage have been at it the longest and there for do well. The Knights kids who have been there for a few years or knights kids that get moved onto advantage are actually some pretty decent players. The kids who do leave year after year don't get a chance to develop the skills and then let the game play and systems fall into place later, those parents fail to realize its a marathon and not a sprint.

The Giants have been unable to keep teams and develop them due to the amount of team saturation in that area, in addition to the usual organization associated with them.

Bottom line. OP asked about u16 teams. u16 teams are really bad no matter what you think of the program, the brothers, the director or the rink and its location. But... the kids who have stuck with T and J for a little while now have developed and will continue to develop. That is also undeniable.

Anon
anon
anon

The OP and the appropriate responses were directed at the U16 teams specifically, not the program and certainly not the program director. You are the only one who mentioned the director. First, with responding that it was untrue that the U16 are really bad, which is not debatable, so you lose credibility immediately.

U16 is a mess everywhere, totally hit or miss, are kids playing full season because they are too good for thier high school, or playing because they are so bad they can't make their high school. Its both unfortunately and you get a really mixed bag.

Overall the Lovell program is not a bad thing. The Advantage have been at it the longest and there for do well. The Knights kids who have been there for a few years or knights kids that get moved onto advantage are actually some pretty decent players. The kids who do leave year after year don't get a chance to develop the skills and then let the game play and systems fall into place later, those parents fail to realize its a marathon and not a sprint.

The Giants have been unable to keep teams and develop them due to the amount of team saturation in that area, in addition to the usual organization associated with them.

Bottom line. OP asked about u16 teams. u16 teams are really bad no matter what you think of the program, the brothers, the director or the rink and its location. But... the kids who have stuck with T and J for a little while now have developed and will continue to develop. That is also undeniable.

Thanks Lovell coach.
All kids develop no matter what team they are on. It all depends on the rate of development.
Are you saying they have a system that is better than other programs or the development is better? That is obvious not the case.

Sorry your kid got cut from the Giants.

First off. Nobody has ever been cut from the giants in the history of the program.

Secondly. Director is a great guy. Love him.

So what isn’t true ? That the 16 teams are awful ? Because even the director agrees with that.

Programs isn’t the issue. The issue is the number of 16 teams out of that rink and area are not feasible.

Anon
First off. Nobody has ever been cut from the giants in the history of the program.

So what isn’t true ? That the 16 teams are awful ? Because even the director agrees with that.

Programs isn’t the issue. The issue is the number of 16 teams out of that rink and area are not feasible.

There are 5 lovell programs and only one is worth playing for. F you need a hint, it is located in the land of the Denalis and blonde moms.

Anon
Anon

There are 5 lovell programs and only one is worth playing for. F you need a hint, it is located in the land of the Denalis and blonde moms.
And, the Director is NOT a great guy. Lot of skeletons in that closet for someone working with kids. I wouldn't want my kid within a mile of him.

U16’s are three weeks in.

6 games
3 teams
18 games
0 wins.

0-18 for the 16’s.

Wait what ? How many games did the U16 teams play ? According to my hockey ranking BHL teams are 4-10-3

Those are parity games. Look who they played.

And they were able to squeak out two ties by playing each other !

Anon
Wait what ? How many games did the U16 teams play ? According to my hockey ranking BHL teams are 4-10-3
Wait, what? What does BHL have to do with U16?

Back to the Kiddie Board for you!

I am pretty sure Dwyer's U18 95 Giants is playing teams in the BHL deaf and blind division. Who would have their kid play for that guy, against that competition?! Yuck.

The kids are definitely not helping themselves come high school tryouts playing against kids who will be cut from varsity or play on the 5th line. Of course, unless you are Dwyer's kid, then you are 1st Line, PP1 and SH1, even though you have never won a puck battle in your life.

Who Dat?
I am pretty sure Dwyer's U18 95 Giants is playing teams in the BHL deaf and blind division. Who would have their kid play for that guy, against that competition?! Yuck.

The kids are definitely not helping themselves come high school tryouts playing against kids who will be cut from varsity or play on the 5th line. Of course, unless you are Dwyer's kid, then you are 1st Line, PP1 and SH1, even though you have never won a puck battle in your life.
SH1?

Have you not ever watched a hockey game or talked to your kid?

Who Dat's kid must have got cut and daddy realizing all the money he wasted. Boo hoo.

Was it another 0-6 weekend for the 16’s ?