email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Applying for College

Anon
My son is a Jr at Prep, has not meet with his counselor yet but when do Athletes start applying to college? He wants to take a shot with College Hockey but will need at least a year after Prep in Jrs. So I assume they wait and apply during that first year of Jrs if they dont get any offers?
College is the biggest scam going these days especially the private colleges.

You think college is a scam, try being stupid and try getting a professional job without one.

It's the cover charge for life.

anon
You think college is a scam, try being stupid and try getting a professional job without one.

It's the cover charge for life.
College is the biggest scam going. Especially private college. Rip off! Overpaid administrators just racking in the dollars at the expense of the student and parents which is leading to hundreds and thousands of dollars in debt upon graduation. This will not stop either as the college employees know that they are going their money no matter what (i.e. student loans).

ANON
anon

It\'s the cover charge for life.
College is the biggest scam going. Especially private college. Rip off! Overpaid administrators just racking in the dollars at the expense of the student and parents which is leading to hundreds and thousands of dollars in debt upon graduation. This will not stop either as the college employees know that they are going their money no matter what (i.e. student loans).
So its hockey or bust for your guy? Should at least look into a certificate of some type. Life is hard being a laborer for 50 years, body usually dosent hold up that long.

Hockey Academy guy huh ? Focus on hockey first, get your GED last. Let's see how that works out when your bender is 25.

Anon
Hockey Academy guy huh ? Focus on hockey first, get your GED last. Let's see how that works out when your bender is 25.
Simple equation. Private college=Ripoff