High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BA Baby Blue NCDC

https://myhockeyrankings.com/news.php?b=502

Hey angry Joe...not Tier 2 by USA Hockey or college coaches...read the first line, and when you coached the Gens you told everyone it was Tier 3? Convenient.

The NAHL is the second USA Hockey-sanctioned “tuition free” junior league, and it is the only sanctioned Tier 2 circuit. Entering its third year of competition this month, the NCDC also is widely considered a Tier 2 league because it also is “tuition free,” holds a draft and offers tenders to players.

Anon
Hey angry Joe...not Tier 2 by USA Hockey or college coaches...read the first line, and when you coached the Gens you told everyone it was Tier 3? Convenient.

The NAHL is the second USA Hockey-sanctioned “tuition free” junior league, and it is the only sanctioned Tier 2 circuit. Entering its third year of competition this month, the NCDC also is widely considered a Tier 2 league because it also is “tuition free,” holds a draft and offers tenders to players.

No comparison between the NAHL and NCDC. NAHL is a much better league, top to bottom.
Outside of the top 2 teams in the NCDC, the rest of the league is on par with the EHL.

ANON
Anon

No comparison between the NAHL and NCDC. NAHL is a much better league, top to bottom.
Outside of the top 2 teams in the NCDC, the rest of the league is on par with the EHL.
Yet the NAHL and NCDC predominantly feed D3 colleges...so why does it matter...they all end up in beer leagues in the end...

As a player who went through it all let me tell all of you that most midget and prep players will end up not playing in either, no matter what people say on this board. I played with so many really good players that never made either league, and some others were rostered but never played. Its so much harder than you think. Most end up in tier3 pay to play or just go into college club. You'll see.

anon
As a player who went through it all let me tell all of you that most midget and prep players will end up not playing in either, no matter what people say on this board. I played with so many really good players that never made either league, and some others were rostered but never played. Its so much harder than you think. Most end up in tier3 pay to play or just go into college club. You'll see.

This is the kind of realism this board needs more of. Unfortunately a lot of parents have sunk a lot of money and time into the hockey dream/experience, with some kids being told from a young age that good things will happen. It is too hard for them not to see things through till the end. What's another 16k-20k more for a couple of years after investing several times that for some. It's like going all in and knowing you have the 2nd best hand but needing to know for sure.

Played well today? I think they beat another Boston team?

Still most D1 Commitments of any program in the area and full funnel to keep it going.. Look it up...

Totally false. And just because they “commit” doesn’t mean they will make a roster. You can get the list of the 02s that will never play D1 that are “commits“