Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PREP v JUNIOR

Is it the new elite div of the EJEPL?

anon
After 25 years with the same company, my Division was sold and like it or not my family and I are relocating to the Boston area. My son, who is a 2006 Birth year recently completed his Bantam Major season playing for the Victory Honda AAA Team. My wife and I are weighing sending him to a Boston Area Prep School, or getting him enrolled in the Junior Hockey route. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

TYIA
Oh please stop, it's amazing how many people still post these fake threads. Yes, I re-locating during the pandemic where everyone else is working remote. Nice try

thats great I think there's a few parents from Honeybaked that are transferring to MA as well.

No players left at Honeybaked, since all have moved to MA over the last couple of years. Victory Honda is a refreshing change.

A lot of people are misreading your posts because of the junior hockey comment. Rule number one is get him on a team that will play him. The Boston area is a very broad term, there are good teams and schools north, west and south. As an 06, he would be a u15 next year. Pls look at the rankings of his age group. Most u15 teams will be half season, to allow players to play for their high schools. A lot of kids play half season (fall) club hockey and go on to play for their prep schools in the winter. Living in the Boston area you can find plenty of decent prep programs that do not require boarding , so both are doable. Another option is full season on a team like Boston Advantage. You need to talk to coaches and schools, and make sure you select a program where your player is wanted and will play. “Juniors” is where good players go after their 11th grade in prep or graduation. The best US junior teams are in the USHL in the Midwest. Tier 2 would be NAHL. You can find less competitive junior teams in this area that are NCDC, these are tier 3. These are predominantly made up of players 17 and up.