email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DBoard for Bantams and Up

Anon
Is there a DBoard for parents of bantam age kids and older that people migrate to or something? A few years ago when I discovered the DBoard it was all about the stacked 08s. Now it's all about the 10s, 11s and 12s. Do parents lose interest over time? Do they see the reality of their bender's potential as they get older and take up other hobbies? What happens? Where do they go? As funny as it is to read posts from parents of mites and squirts who think their kids have special talent, I'm left wondering if this is all the DBoard has to offer...
I've been here long enough to see the change, and IMO the difference is that by the time your kid reaches HS hockey we've mostly calmed down and understand what's important and not important. We get how the organizations act. We're used to tryout time. We have learned about spring and summer tournament teams. We don't stress about elite, EHF/E9 stuff, etc. There's just less unreasonable rookie parent BS and more people with more understanding about how youth hockey works, so there's less noise to gossip about. Also, on the other hand, we've also learned that complaining about any given bad situation does absolutely nothing about it. There will be bad coaches, bad parents, bad refs, bad organizations, roster cheating, dirty hits, etc. and there's no stopping it or changing it. You find the best situation that you can for your kid and they will do the best that they care to do for themselves.

There is an ocean's worth of talent out there. That's what me and my former "elite" youth bender learned. And any of his successes at the midget level have been right time/right place and luck more than anything else.

Anon
Is there a DBoard for parents of bantam age kids and older that people migrate to or something? A few years ago when I discovered the DBoard it was all about the stacked 08s. Now it's all about the 10s, 11s and 12s. Do parents lose interest over time? Do they see the reality of their bender's potential as they get older and take up other hobbies? What happens? Where do they go? As funny as it is to read posts from parents of mites and squirts who think their kids have special talent, I'm left wondering if this is all the DBoard has to offer...
Lol grow up

Anon
Anon
Lol grow up
Whatever you say '10 dad

10 Feet? Clown

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Is there a DBoard for parents of bantam age kids and older that people migrate to or something? A few years ago when I discovered the DBoard it was all about the stacked 08s. Now it\'s all about the 10s, 11s and 12s. Do parents lose interest over time? Do they see the reality of their bender\'s potential as they get older and take up other hobbies? What happens? Where do they go? As funny as it is to read posts from parents of mites and squirts who think their kids have special talent, I\'m left wondering if this is all the DBoard has to offer...
Lol grow up
Whatever you say '10 dad
I put 10’ in your wife’s mouth, correct. Give her a kiss for me.
10' equals 10 Feet
10" equals 10 inches
If you are going to attempt brag, brag correctly