Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Deerfield vs. Cushing

Odd

Anon
Odd
I know a few of the parents are not happy with lack of communication there this season and still have no idea if he will be back. They always say to “ follow the coaching” well that might mean to leave there and find a better coach!

Guys, Cushing is a hockey factory, kids who are there would be crazy to leave at this point. If things don’t get better next year I could see making that decision then but to leave now would be foolish.

We are high on Cushing for next year but with a bunch of ifs. They will be strong in net IF they can keep the 03 and 04 there now. They will be very wrong on D IF they can keep the 03 and 04s there now AND get their 04 back who left this year. They might have the best Forward core IF they can keep the 03s there now AND get there 04 back who left this year. Their coaching will be top of the league IF the get their coach back. IF this falls into place, they will be a top contender next season. BF

Anon
We are high on Cushing for next year but with a bunch of ifs. They will be strong in net IF they can keep the 03 and 04 there now. They will be very wrong on D IF they can keep the 03 and 04s there now AND get their 04 back who left this year. They might have the best Forward core IF they can keep the 03s there now AND get there 04 back who left this year. Their coaching will be top of the league IF the get their coach back. IF this falls into place, they will be a top contender next season. BF
Unfortunately, they, like all preps have medical teams calling the shots now. Prep hockey is dead. Every 03 or 04 hockey player at Cushing or any other school should be looking for teams as a very possible plan B right now.

Anon
The kids who didn't go back to Cushing are not going back next year. They got the exposure they needed to move onto the USHL next season. They do have some very good 03 forwards who we hear are staying at this point due to the log jam in Jr hockey next year but if there is no season for prep again I am sure they will be gone also.

Seeing Cushing isn't really an academic school my son will not be applying there but how can these parents send their kids there for coaching if the head coach doesn't even attend any skates. Wake up folks!

Anon
Seeing Cushing isn't really an academic school my son will not be applying there but how can these parents send their kids there for coaching if the head coach doesn't even attend any skates. Wake up folks!
It’s as academic as most public schools but with a very strong hockey program. Next year will be a powerhouse again with coach back on the bench.. and the year after that and the year after that. Where have kids gone onto play over the past few years though? Doesn’t seem that impressive.