Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NCDC

Where else are they going to go? Its a logjam thanks to the NCAA and allowing additional year of eligibility. No one left so no one can come in.

Makes no sense to give a verbal commitment on either side for at least another year if not more. 250 players in the transfer portal. 01,02,03,04 will all be effected by this.

Good news is that D3 hockey will be strong for at least 4-5 years and college lacrosse, baseball, golf teams will be getting g some really good athletes for the foreseeable future who don’t want to wait this mess out.

perhaps 10% of the kids in the portal will find a slot.

Anon
Seems like it has become the destination for many prep school players who graduate this year. So you pay all that money for prep, 15-20k per year for most or 40-60k for the well off just to get to the NCDC? Where do you go from there? D3 in 2 more years. Ouch!
Still seems like a win to me for the family that gets a world class education for 15k which includes hockey tuition, food no travel costs and a great education. How much was your full season team? How much on travel? Meals? Hotels? I’m thinking the prep school guy wins in this equation.

Not for six games they played this year. Why do you think NCDC loaded up with prep kids who said they would do remote, skip the prep hockey and head for USHL, NAHL or NCDC.

Prep school, NCDC. Both extremely overrated.

ANON
Prep school, NCDC. Both extremely overrated.
Is the USHL combine overrated? Green Bay is far away from New England but might be worth it?

Anon
Seems like it has become the destination for many prep school players who graduate this year. So you pay all that money for prep, 15-20k per year for most or 40-60k for the well off just to get to the NCDC? Where do you go from there? D3 in 2 more years. Ouch!
You don’t really understand the landscape do you?

One additional year of eligibility will affect multiple birth years. In the best of times, there are more talented players than there are spots on college teams. If your kid plays any kind of college hockey, be it D1,D3, ACHA, he beat the odds by a mile. Be proud. If your kid went to prep just for hockey, that’s on you.

Which proves the point that PREP SCHOOL IS FOR BOOK WORMS AND TIN FOIL LIBERAL RETARDS.

anon
Which proves the point that PREP SCHOOL IS FOR BOOK WORMS AND TIN FOIL LIBERAL RETARDS.
You should tell my kid that, then pick your fat a as you off the floor. Homo

Anon
anon
Another tough guy typing away from mom's basememt. Otherwise, would get tuned up.

ANON
Anon
anon
Another tough guy typing away from mom's basememt. Otherwise, would get tuned up.
You have no idea how tough..will actually burry you! Covid has made us realize that guys like you get no more passes, just straight beaten. Your done.

Wait....so an education at a prep school isn't as valuable as playing puck? WAKE UP!

You don’t need to drop 40K - 60K to get an education. You don’t even have to drop 15K - 20K to get a good one. Leave the Prep School out of the hockey. It is not needed. WAKE UP!

anon
You don’t need to drop 40K - 60K to get an education. You don’t even have to drop 15K - 20K to get a good one. Leave the Prep School out of the hockey. It is not needed. WAKE UP!
I assume you do know that some kids need the prep environment to learn, right? They need that structured daily schedule to learn time managemet and the 10 person class size for the 1 one 1 attention to be successful. Yes, some of these types of students are also good at hockey and other sports also. I agree prep school is not for everyone but the ones that go for the right reasons AND are above average athletically are the ones who succeed the most at the next level. Coaches love these kids.

anon
Sorry but you're the fool here. Yes we pay $50-60k per year but 30% of my kid's classmates will end up in the ivy league. No my kid won't be playing hockey in college, but he's also a straight A student and will be placing burger orders with your kid one day.

anon
anon
Sorry but you're the fool here. Yes we pay $50-60k per year but 30% of my kid's classmates will end up in the ivy league. No my kid won't be playing hockey in college, but he's also a straight A student and will be placing burger orders with your kid one day.
That's pretty arrogant. You're a classy one.

anoan
anon
anon
Sorry but you\'re the fool here. Yes we pay $50-60k per year but 30% of my kid\'s classmates will end up in the ivy league. No my kid won\'t be playing hockey in college, but he\'s also a straight A student and will be placing burger orders with your kid one day.
That's pretty arrogant. You're a classy one.
Right, but make that medium well please

Looked up avg Ivy League grad incomes. I made more just on OT last year. You do realize there are routes other than college to financial independence? And many of them have much better job security.

Working Guy
Looked up avg Ivy League grad incomes. I made more just on OT last year. You do realize there are routes other than college to financial independence? And many of them have much better job security.
Ivy guys usually run the company and sign the checks that you are working overtime for. Semantics.