The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
USHL Main Camp

Last year my son was "invited" to a number of USHL main camps, he did not go to any as he was happy with Prep. Now that we don't know what next year will look like, is it worth spending the money to go to a few of these if invited? No idea what to do at this point.

Re: USHL Main Camp

Anon
Last year my son was "invited" to a number of USHL main camps, he did not go to any as he was happy with Prep. Now that we don't know what next year will look like, is it worth spending the money to go to a few of these if invited? No idea what to do at this point.
If your son has actually been invited to an USHL Main Camp which happens in the Summer, then yes, he should go, great exposure, worth the money.

Depends on your kids age. If he’s ready to compete for a spot then go.

Main camp invites can’t go out until after the draft. If he is 17 or 18 I would definitely get him to a camp or 2. Well worth it, if he has a good showing that news will travel fast.

The combine also has at least 1 rep from every team on attendance, could be a good way to be exposed to them. I think that’s invite only though.

Anon
The combine also has at least 1 rep from every team on attendance, could be a good way to be exposed to them. I think that’s invite only though.
this guy is talking about a Main Camp, not a Combine, which is thanks for your check

Do they always have Main camp’s after the draft? Seems backwards?

Anon
NO because Main Camps are the actual teams tryouts where they pick the teams. This is when all draft picks, return players and and invited free agents all come together to make the final team. Also will be where they will cut draft picks and keep them off the protected lists.

anon
Anon
NO because Main Camps are the actual teams tryouts where they pick the teams. This is when all draft picks, return players and and invited free agents all come together to make the final team. Also will be where they will cut draft picks and keep them off the protected lists.
Ok, got it! Makes more sense now