Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Biosteel game

Most local prep kids played with / against these kids growing up for several years. Only difference is now they have world class training on your and my dime ( USA hockey fees). These are the same names that were paraded around from summer tournament to summer tournament as show pieces since they were 8 years old.
Truth is, most kids still playing AAA hockey / prep hockey at this age are all the same and very interchangeable. Obviously there are some exceptions but in general, I think this is an accurate statement.
Some of these kids were fortunate enough to be born with NHL last names. Seen it sense mites, these kids get all the extra opportunities that the no name players do not get. The NHL dads of these kids make sure these opportunities keep presenting themselves and continually box out other well deserving kids. Seen it too many times to think otherwise. Same guys that downplayed training in the summer only to be seen at the rinks more than most in July / August. There are at least 3 forwards, possibly four at Dexter that are just as good if not better than some players that suited up in the Biosteel game. And BTW, a team put together with local players from PHL would do very well against these kids, in fact, I think they would be hungrier and would likely win. Again, they have players against them since mites in July / August at the foolish tournaments.

anon
Most local prep kids played with / against these kids growing up for several years. Only difference is now they have world class training on your and my dime ( USA hockey fees). These are the same names that were paraded around from summer tournament to summer tournament as show pieces since they were 8 years old.
Truth is, most kids still playing AAA hockey / prep hockey at this age are all the same and very interchangeable. Obviously there are some exceptions but in general, I think this is an accurate statement.
Some of these kids were fortunate enough to be born with NHL last names. Seen it sense mites, these kids get all the extra opportunities that the no name players do not get. The NHL dads of these kids make sure these opportunities keep presenting themselves and continually box out other well deserving kids. Seen it too many times to think otherwise. Same guys that downplayed training in the summer only to be seen at the rinks more than most in July / August. There are at least 3 forwards, possibly four at Dexter that are just as good if not better than some players that suited up in the Biosteel game. And BTW, a team put together with local players from PHL would do very well against these kids, in fact, I think they would be hungrier and would likely win. Again, they have players against them since mites in July / August at the foolish tournaments.
You are delusional about the talent difference. Keep blaming pedigree and last name as the excuse but its purely because those other kids are better. The kids play in the PHL because they cant make the USHL or NTDP - facts.

Can't make the USHL teams or were not drafted / didn't make rosters because they were not connected to the right people? Lots of players in Wellesley that could slide right into a USHL roster spot today. In fact, some of the kids that left their new england prep school's for USHL rosters were not the best players on their teams in prep.

If you sincerely believe that the kids at the PHL are lesser players then you clearly do not have an 03/04 son and you have not been around this group to be able to compare the players without getting star struck by the USA NTDP logo.

At a real tryout without names on jerseys and helmet decals influencing the outcome, more than a handful of the PHL kids could replace the anointed ones in Michigan. These same kids will be better players at the same colleges playing right besides these kids in 2 years.

Anon
At a real tryout without names on jerseys and helmet decals influencing the outcome, more than a handful of the PHL kids could replace the anointed ones in Michigan. These same kids will be better players at the same colleges playing right besides these kids in 2 years.
Keep telling yourself that and watch the entire NTDP get drafted while maybe one or two prep kids do year after year. But that must be the NHL connections not the fact they are better players. The PHL kids couldn't replace the one Michigan according to local scouts, regional scouts, pro scouts, USA scouts, NCAA scouts...but you are right.

Anon
Can't make the USHL teams or were not drafted / didn't make rosters because they were not connected to the right people? Lots of players in Wellesley that could slide right into a USHL roster spot today. In fact, some of the kids that left their new england prep school's for USHL rosters were not the best players on their teams in prep.

If you sincerely believe that the kids at the PHL are lesser players then you clearly do not have an 03/04 son and you have not been around this group to be able to compare the players without getting star struck by the USA NTDP logo.
Better off staying where they are and going to USHL or NAHL or BCHL when they are ready, then on to D3. :joy:

You say D 3 with the laughing emoji? What is wrong with a kid playing at Williams / Bowdoin / Amherst and in 8 years hiring the guys that played D1 to work for them at the companies they are running? Let me guess, you actually think these D1 players get the same education as the NARPS? " insert laughing emoji here"

is it possible to play d1, say BC, and get a good education ?

I think you have just bitter, quite a few of the kids last night will be plying in college next season.

anon
I think you have just bitter, quite a few of the kids last night will be plying in college next season.
You're probably right...but the flip side to that coin is the D1 and D3 kids will sit next to each other and play together in beer league...but the memories will last a lifetime...

Anon
anon
You're probably right...but the flip side to that coin is the D1 and D3 kids will sit next to each other and play together in beer league...but the memories will last a lifetime...
Beer league is the end game for literally everybody who has ever played hockey at any level including former pros. It is not a bad thing or reason to not be proud of your hockey career no matter how long it runs. It is a glorious retirement that anybody who has ever laced up skates gets to enjoy. Stop knocking it and start knocking them back and squeezing into your old gear.

anon
Who? Someone on the ice last night will make a roster and play? Who?

There are, at a minimum, 3 players on each team that are only there because their Dads are massive donors to USA Hockey.