email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Boys 2021 Tryout CCM HP Festival

Anon
- Are tryout worth the experience assuming I already know my son wont make it, is it a good skate?

-Anyone know how many spots for registration were in each time slot for 2005, I logged in at 6pm yesterday to register and only spots available were WL

-Do all kids even those who make the team come to tryout
It depends on what your player is looking for. If he thinks he has a shot on the final team, probably not.

Open tryouts are crowded, certainly some waiting on drills but when my son did it, a good number of evaluators. So this is a chance for your player to see how they compare to players they've never seen. What your player should be hoping for is to be one of the 60 picked to play the festival. Not all players who were picked for the festival were at the open tryouts, which is fine IMHO.

Festival was fun, great hockey for his age, if I recall the players that "Made the team" were split onto two rosters so they could go against each other, just missing he cut players filled out the rest of those two rosters and those with no real chance made up the rest. If I recall it was four rosters but it's been a few years.

My kid thought it was fun and he realized the vast difference in talent and it certainly shaped some of his decisions at Midget. I think when he went through it was 50 for the evals and 125 or 150 for the festival, so about $200 total and I've spent more on dumber things with hocky.

Anon
- Are tryout worth the experience assuming I already know my son wont make it, is it a good skate?

-Anyone know how many spots for registration were in each time slot for 2005, I logged in at 6pm yesterday to register and only spots available were WL

these guys couldn't hold a States tourney (with ample time to spare) and blew it for Mass kids at various levels.
A simple State Championship which many others able to pull off.

Yeah sure they will be 'fair & balanced' toward to your kid/s.

Too many voices in their ears. Too much corruption now.

A lot of deserving kids will skip. Some won't but end product is what it is.

Save your $. Kids are mostly picked. Will throw in a bone here or there but not worth it. Same old, same old.

Anon
Apr 9, 2021 - 1:31PM
Boys 2021 Tryout CCM HP Festival

Unless your talking to someone about making the team beforehand you have no shot.

There will be room for everyone who is willing to pay.

No, the team is picked before tryouts.