Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prep 2021-22

Anon
anon
Anon
16yo and over are being vaccinated in some states and from 4/19 in MA. CDC allows free interstate travel if vaccinated. Which medical or regulatory reason would be used to justify confinement to campus? Some colleges are mandating vaccination to be on campus.
I would imagine the boarding schools are going to make it mandatory to be vaccinated, which makes sense, but I still hear that they will not allow for kids to leave campus on weekends next fall. Schools I have heard this from in MA:
St Marks
Brooks
NMH
Cushing
Deerfield
Williston
Milton
Waiting to hear from a few others. The risk is too great to their community. I would call if you are either attending or considering attending any of these schools.
I strongly suggest having the conversation with administration, not hockey coach, about what the fall will look like. Then I would ask the hockey coach if you can use his name as a reference and start looking for a plan B. NCDC, NAHL if your guy is 17/18/19.
Already happened this year

Kids let Avon/Csuhing/Thayer for NCDC and USHL etc

Guys, relax. Did you see the men who won the championship tonight? None of our kids are there yet, not even close. I agree another year of lockdowns will not work for those serious about athletics, but at the same time 21 year freshmen at a D1 school
Is reality. My boy just turned 18, lives at prep and loves it there. I’m hopeful next year gives him a shot to be seen at prep,but the same time, he will not be ready to be an impact player at the NCAA level until 21. Gonna love the process and see what happens.

Teacher at prominent prep here. Do not be surprised if things are the same or worse as this past year. We are getting fitted for the heavy duty KN-95's with the replacement filters, as a precaution for the variants. Already bad news about the vaccines not being effective against them. This is being kept hush-hush due to enrollment season. Just wait until that is over. Like I said don't be surprised. If your student is coming for hockey or any sport, expect much of the same.

Anon
Teacher at prominent prep here. Do not be surprised if things are the same or worse as this past year. We are getting fitted for the heavy duty KN-95's with the replacement filters, as a precaution for the variants. Already bad news about the vaccines not being effective against them. This is being kept hush-hush due to enrollment season. Just wait until that is over. Like I said don't be surprised. If your student is coming for hockey or any sport, expect much of the same.
You're full of poop!

Anon
This is clever one, I give you credit for thinking it up. However, this is another great example of a jealous Dad that deep down wants his kid at prep. The kid can't get recruited because he isn't good enough in hockey and academically, he cant make the grades. Dad sits at home figuring ways to possibly discourage other kids from getting what he ultimately wants for his kid. Enjoy your new mask next year.

Anon
Most creative one yet! My kid is at prep, going to be a senior next year, if it’s the same than he will do remote and play the fall/winter somewhere and head back for the spring and graduation, then head to Jrs for a year. If things are open, he will play at school for the winter, graduate and head to Jrs for a year. End game is Jrs for a year, no matter what happens. You get a K95, and you get a K95, and you get....

Anon
Anon
Teacher at prominent prep here. Do not be surprised if things are the same or worse as this past year. We are getting fitted for the heavy duty KN-95\'s with the replacement filters, as a precaution for the variants. Already bad news about the vaccines not being effective against them. This is being kept hush-hush due to enrollment season. Just wait until that is over. Like I said don\'t be surprised. If your student is coming for hockey or any sport, expect much of the same.
Most creative one yet! My kid is at prep, going to be a senior next year, if it’s the same than he will do remote and play the fall/winter somewhere and head back for the spring and graduation, then head to Jrs for a year. If things are open, he will play at school for the winter, graduate and head to Jrs for a year. End game is Jrs for a year, no matter what happens. You get a K95, and you get a K95, and you get....
Yes, campus will completely vaccinated by fall but let’s all wear K95s because of science? And 2 condoms, because of science. Sheep!

Seriously why do you need to go to prep to play good hockey. We live in a good public school system, plenty of kids go to Ivy's and top 50 colleges. Get good grades be well rounded, AP classes, SAT tutors and your good. Yeah you may have some good connections from Biff, but with tech breaking down all these barriers to the good old boys club, it is no longer a needed benefit. It definatly should not be for hockey. Maybe that's why we don't seeing less kids succeed from mass in D1/Pro hockey. Looks like you need they're still a lot of barriers to succeed in hockey though.

Why do you need to go to a hockey academy to play good hockey? There’s another question.

Why do kids play hockey.. there’s another question!

Many Preps have no idea what the Fall will look like. My sons has no clue, wont commit to anything.

Anon
Many Preps have no idea what the Fall will look like. My sons has no clue, wont commit to anything.
Correct! Even the ones who say they do, do not! Academy full season is the way to go now.

Can’t agree with you. My kid also plays a fall varsity sport at his prep and next season is back to normal.

WizAnon
Can’t agree with you. My kid also plays a fall varsity sport at his prep and next season is back to normal.
MA Boarding?

ISL day. Fall schedules are out including away games at MA , CT and NY boarding schools. imagine those schools will mandate vaccines like the colleges.