email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tired

Anon
40+ kids on roster. 12.6 scholarships. Yeah lax is a panacea.
The ability to go into college at 18 vs 21 or 22 is the right path for most kids vs wasting a few years living in a billet basement only to play most likely D3 hockey. Good for your boy!

Yeah $50k to be a 5th string D middie and a degree from the university of Tampa. Extra good luck to your boy.

Anon
Yeah $50k to be a 5th string D middie and a degree from the university of Tampa. Extra good luck to your boy.
I want to thank you for your concern, but just a few facts/ a major in cybersecurity with a minor in entrepreneurship, he is a 6’1” midfielder so playing time will not be an issue, oh and it’s 15K per year for smart athletes, they have these things called academic scholarships, google it. So the plan is to join the family company in 4 years, keep building, sell it for a few million, rinse, repeat. It’s worked so far. But yes, you should let your kid waste a few years in jrs, graduate at 24/25 and start from scratch. To each their own I guess. Maybe my kid will hire your kid? Godspeed

6-1”. Whooey why didn’t you say so.

Anon
If you really look deep inside yourself you must feel horrible to know you can’t provide good advice to your own kid. It must hurt. I’m sorry. Here’s a hug.

Anon
All he took away from the post was how tall the kid is? Your kid is screwed!!!

Maybe the two best hockey players at our local D-1 h.s. and one went to play D-1 Lax locally and the other went to a nice big southern school to focus on school and play club hockey.

could it be your kid just isn't that good at hockey? i know he's 6'1" and all but...

anon
could it be your kid just isn't that good at hockey? i know he's 6'1" and all but...
Bahahahahaha! Seriously, you just can’t help yourself! So pathetic.

Kids have their whole lives ahead of them to work. What’s the rush ? Based on above posts, Dad should be able to cover for the kid for an extra 2 years at the family business. The business will be there, sports opportunities will not. Just my opinion