The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PHL LOL

A month ago we all heard, "We are a very unbias league" "We are drafting kids because they missed out on a season" today we here, "We have the entire Eagles U18 team playing so they can get ready for Nationals".. but its unbiased! Complete crock of crap. Hope they get smoked today and every game they play at the nationals.

Re: PHL LOL

Anon
A month ago we all heard, "We are a very unbias league" "We are drafting kids because they missed out on a season" today we here, "We have the entire Eagles U18 team playing so they can get ready for Nationals".. but its unbiased! Complete crock of crap. Hope they get smoked today and every game they play at the nationals.
Omg! What a coincidence that the entire Jr Eagles team is in the PHL. What are the chances? Snakes! Don’t forget, you paid $1800.00 for this.

Why?

Who cares what these clowns think. I don’t get it.

Anon
Apr 24, 2021 - 7:42PM

Thanks Mom!

whats up nz!

IM today spouting that NHL coaches asking about PHL players! Question, Who? Who is NHL draft ready in this group. Zero, zero players is the answer. Stop it!

The sweet spot of the league is for the 03s. Most of the prep 03s are either in their Jr year at Prep or are looking to PG next year. This league will really help them as players.

The kids think this thing is a joke. They are just looking to skate and coaches trying to be buddies with these kids and pump their tires for every pass, shot, etc..it’s exactly what we thought it would be, a social media opportunity for NZ. This weekend was not that great and now I have drive my kid back and forth until June. Kids canceling at the last minute or just no shows, Murph just stalking players all weekend and the Jr Eagles crowd of elites, too much for 1 weekend, I think we are done.

Take it for what it is. A competitive spring league played at a high pace with the goal to help promote kids and help them improve after a crap winter prep season. For the juniors and seniors it is competitive enough to help prepare for their senior years or juniors. For the younger kids who were freshmen and sophomores it offers valuable experience they would not have gotten this year Because they roll 4 lines the younger kids will see more ice time then being buried on the fourth line and being spotted into the lineup as they probably would have been at their prep school

If you were expecting to replace prep then that’s on you. Mixed kids is not going to give you the continuity of playing together all year as a line or working on the power play together. The practices and games are designed for individual development and promotion not to help Sully Mac when the PHL cup. So take it for what it is and bring your kid so he can get better, meet different kids, and be a better hockey player and person for the experience

Anon
Take it for what it is. A competitive spring league played at a high pace with the goal to help promote kids and help them improve after a crap winter prep season. For the juniors and seniors it is competitive enough to help prepare for their senior years or juniors. For the younger kids who were freshmen and sophomores it offers valuable experience they would not have gotten this year Because they roll 4 lines the younger kids will see more ice time then being buried on the fourth line and being spotted into the lineup as they probably would have been at their prep school

If you were expecting to replace prep then that’s on you. Mixed kids is not going to give you the continuity of playing together all year as a line or working on the power play together. The practices and games are designed for individual development and promotion not to help Sully Mac when the PHL cup. So take it for what it is and bring your kid so he can get better, meet different kids, and be a better hockey player and person for the experience
Pretty spot on

Jeff C please stop bashing IM

Bringing in kids from Canada to sub in for the BJE while they are away. Lots of new faces at practice today.

There was no practice today d bag

Anon
Bringing in kids from Canada to sub in for the BJE while they are away. Lots of new faces at practice today.
Those were not Canadians, they were bc recruits that were in for the week

JFC can you stop telling these kids they are good, please. They aren’t good enough to go anywhere for at least 2 years, if not 3. You are filling their heads with nonsense and the combine crap is a joke, who cares? Honestly, who looked at the stats and said “well that tells the story of this kid” they are 17/18, their still growing into their frames. They are fine hockey players but none, zero, nunca, zilch, have what it takes for the next level. Maybe a few squeak into USHL lineup bottom 6 next year, but is that what we are playing for? It’s a messed up time and your just making it worse, but “it’s for the kids” “it’s fun” stop it. “These kids are good because they are accountable” tell me 1 prep coach in the top 25 that doesn’t hold players accountable. Sham and a joke! JFC!

Anon
JFC can you stop telling these kids they are good, please. They aren’t good enough to go anywhere for at least 2 years, if not 3. You are filling their heads with nonsense and the combine crap is a joke, who cares? Honestly, who looked at the stats and said “well that tells the story of this kid” they are 17/18, their still growing into their frames. They are fine hockey players but none, zero, nunca, zilch, have what it takes for the next level. Maybe a few squeak into USHL lineup bottom 6 next year, but is that what we are playing for? It’s a messed up time and your just making it worse, but “it’s for the kids” “it’s fun” stop it. “These kids are good because they are accountable” tell me 1 prep coach in the top 25 that doesn’t hold players accountable. Sham and a joke! JFC!
ok

JFC
Anon
ok
Thank you. Why did I have to scream about it for you to do it? Now, lets move that 9:30 practice time, its terrible.

What’s happening to the PHL golden eagles at nationals? Ya see, ya put all this attention on these guys, they get these commitments and they can’t finish because they have never been told that they aren’t good enough, never been cut, never been pushed around. You end up with entitled kids who expect to win but don’t know how to win but I’m sure they will come home to a champions welcome for trying!

Anon
What’s happening to the PHL golden eagles at nationals? Ya see, ya put all this attention on these guys, they get these commitments and they can’t finish because they have never been told that they aren’t good enough, never been cut, never been pushed around. You end up with entitled kids who expect to win but don’t know how to win but I’m sure they will come home to a champions welcome for trying!
Well the soft Eagles lost again today, headed home. Coaching was weak! You coach to win and he just couldn’t do it! Welcome to reality boys, you are the same as the the other 95% your age group in MA! Even after ALL that money mom and dad, he’s average!

Pope would still be out there, should have gone for MASS

How many of those eagles are gonna want to come back to the PHL. Consensus on the way home was 0. What will they post on twitter! Sky is crumbling.

So, was it worth it? For those of you elite enough to be chosen to play, was it worth it? What did your kid get out of it?

Anon
So, was it worth it? For those of you elite enough to be chosen to play, was it worth it? What did your kid get out of it?
I hear many players learned they are not college hockey material, so I guess it was good to get educated.

Anon
Why do you care?

Let it go man, your kid didn’t make it, who cares, move on.

Anon
Anon
Why do you care?

Let it go man, your kid didn’t make it, who cares, move on.
I care because I was told we were crazy to not do it, and that it was the ONLY way to get better. So now I'm curious to see if it really was worth it. Get it? I'm trying to learn from the situation, geez. There are never stupid questions, only stupid people. D14life