email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Politics of High School

Rookie
This goes out to all the parents who've walked this road before. I'm a rookie to the high school hockey parent game and want some insight into what to expect. My kid plays for a large public high school with a solid middle-of-the-pack hockey program and so far my kid seems to have been placed fairly. Maybe I'm naïve, but I thought once you reached JV and Varsity hockey there were no politics involved; no daddy coaches, etc. Now I'm hearing rumor that there can be boosters and parents somehow involved in roster decisions. Is this speculation and sour grapes or is there some truth to it? Are there other factors involved at this late stage in the game besides the best kids being selected?
There are no politics in high school hockey.

The kids that are not playing or not playing where they feel they should (really where their parents feel they should play) are not playing for a reason.

Ask your kid. They know why.

Maybe they are lazy. Maybe they are weak. Maybe they have a bad attitude. Number of things.

Maybe it’s just a kid can be a strength to a weaker kid on the third line and it allows coach to play three lines. Instead of two power lines and a third line with a steep drop off.

Bottom line. Coaches are putting what they feel is the best chance to win on the ice. Your kid is where he belongs. Get over it or get realistic and objectively evaluate your kid.

Anon
Rookie
This goes out to all the parents who've walked this road before. I'm a rookie to the high school hockey parent game and want some insight into what to expect. My kid plays for a large public high school with a solid middle-of-the-pack hockey program and so far my kid seems to have been placed fairly. Maybe I'm naïve, but I thought once you reached JV and Varsity hockey there were no politics involved; no daddy coaches, etc. Now I'm hearing rumor that there can be boosters and parents somehow involved in roster decisions. Is this speculation and sour grapes or is there some truth to it? Are there other factors involved at this late stage in the game besides the best kids being selected?

The kids that are not playing or not playing where they feel they should (really where their parents feel they should play) are not playing for a reason.

Maybe they are lazy. Maybe they are weak. Maybe they have a bad attitude. Number of things.

Maybe it’s just a kid can be a strength to a weaker kid on the third line and it allows coach to play three lines. Instead of two power lines and a third line with a steep drop off.

Bottom line. Coaches are putting what they feel is the best chance to win on the ice. Your kid is where he belongs. Get over it or get realistic and objectively evaluate your kid.

This where it gets sticky. Coaches playing to win instead of playing for the kids to have a good high school experience. I'm sorry but MIAA should be for the kids to enjoy playing with their buddies, go to Prep or Full Season if you are in it to win championships.

Anon
Anon
Rookie
This goes out to all the parents who\'ve walked this road before. I\'m a rookie to the high school hockey parent game and want some insight into what to expect. My kid plays for a large public high school with a solid middle-of-the-pack hockey program and so far my kid seems to have been placed fairly. Maybe I\'m naïve, but I thought once you reached JV and Varsity hockey there were no politics involved; no daddy coaches, etc. Now I\'m hearing rumor that there can be boosters and parents somehow involved in roster decisions. Is this speculation and sour grapes or is there some truth to it? Are there other factors involved at this late stage in the game besides the best kids being selected?

This where it gets sticky. Coaches playing to win instead of playing for the kids to have a good high school experience. I'm sorry but MIAA should be for the kids to enjoy playing with their buddies, go to Prep or Full Season if you are in it to win championships.
This is the dumbest thing I've heard!! Should they all get a trophy and just not keep score?

anon
Anon
Anon
Rookie
This goes out to all the parents who\\\'ve walked this road before. I\\\'m a rookie to the high school hockey parent game and want some insight into what to expect. My kid plays for a large public high school with a solid middle-of-the-pack hockey program and so far my kid seems to have been placed fairly. Maybe I\\\'m naïve, but I thought once you reached JV and Varsity hockey there were no politics involved; no daddy coaches, etc. Now I\\\'m hearing rumor that there can be boosters and parents somehow involved in roster decisions. Is this speculation and sour grapes or is there some truth to it? Are there other factors involved at this late stage in the game besides the best kids being selected?

This where it gets sticky. Coaches playing to win instead of playing for the kids to have a good high school experience. I\'m sorry but MIAA should be for the kids to enjoy playing with their buddies, go to Prep or Full Season if you are in it to win championships.
This is the dumbest thing I've heard!! Should they all get a trophy and just not keep score?
I was thinking the same thing. What world is this clown living in?

This post has to be from a parent that never played a sport in their life. Not compete to win a championship??? Are you a soccer mom too. You should petition MIAA to not keep score or standings for all sports. Youth hockey is a place to play with your friends. High school hockey is where the coaches put the best players on the ice in order to give the team the best opportunity to succeed. There is always JV for your little star.

The reply "I'm sorry but MIAA should be for the kids to enjoy playing with their buddies, go to Prep or Full Season if you are in it to win championships." says all you need to know about the downward spiral of this country.

Sorry, you are the only one on this thread that believes there is no politics in high school hockey. You lose with your bad attitude. No politics? Get outta here.

anon
Sorry, you are the only one on this thread that believes there is no politics in high school hockey. You lose with your bad attitude. No politics? Get outta here.
Don’t be afraid of a conversation with the coach. Although recognize going in that they will also probably blow up your theory and argument.

Hey coach. Why isn’t junior on the power play. He is better than so and so.

Coach - he is better. Yet he demonstrated twenty times in practice that he is incapable of contributing on the power play.

Hey coach. Why is junior playing on the third line and getting used sparingly.

Coach - he is a good player. Doesn’t compete at practice.

The only ones who believe there are politics in high school hockey are the parents who believe their kid is something they are not.

Maybe your kid is just a ***** with a bad attitude and his skill is better than some but not enough to override his attitude.

There is a reason your kid didn’t make the team. Or first line. Or power play or get picked for captain. And it isn’t political.

Anon
anon
Don’t be afraid of a conversation with the coach. Although recognize going in that they will also probably blow up your theory and argument.

Coach - he is better. Yet he demonstrated twenty times in practice that he is incapable of contributing on the power play.

The only ones who believe there are politics in high school hockey are the parents who believe their kid is something they are not.

Maybe your kid is just a ***** with a bad attitude and his skill is better than some but not enough to override his attitude.

There is a reason your kid didn’t make the team. Or first line. Or power play or get picked for captain. And it isn’t political.
Stay away from any coach that seeks out parents for a conversation on their or any kid. If you are having conversations with parents then you are just feeding the political narrative. This guy doesn’t even know he is practicing politics. Whatever happened to the saying, I don’t speak with parents. Hmmmm. It sounds and looks like favoritism to me.

anon
Anon
anon

Stay away from any coach that seeks out parents for a conversation on their or any kid. If you are having conversations with parents then you are just feeding the political narrative. This guy doesn’t even know he is practicing politics. Whatever happened to the saying, I don’t speak with parents. Hmmmm. It sounds and looks like favoritism to me.
I never said a coach should seek out a parent. But

It’s actually the opposite of what you claim. Not speaking to parents breeds the stupid mindset discussed here. That a kid is only not playing because of politics.

Why is everyone so afraid of truthful conversation?

Honesty has always been a policy of mine. Both ways.

In fact. Have an honest conversation with your kid. Probably answer a lot of your questions.

I have no problem telling a parent why there kid isn’t playing and I have no problem with a coach critiquing my kid.

Sometimes parents are gossiping and speaking I’ll and frustrated for weeks for a kid getting benched or sitting a shift. When it’s as simple as the kid asked to sit. Said he was hurt or said he was tired and needed a shift off.

Of course you psycho helicopter parents have bred the kid to lie to you instead of them telling you they asked to sit and are afraid to tell you they were tired because they know you are going to rip into them.

And of course, after conversation, when you run to parents to tell them that coach said he wasn’t playing because he doesn’t get it or doesn’t compete at practice. Those parents will never say.. yea. My kid said the same thing about your kid. Or yea. I see that. Because they are also afraid of honest conversation.

If everyone was just honest. Youth and mass hockey would not be so screwed up !

At no point should a parent have any conversations with a high school coach. Thats for youth hockey. 9th grade and you teach your son or daughter to discuss any issues they have with the coach. Its called growing up.

anon
At no point should a parent have any conversations with a high school coach. Thats for youth hockey. 9th grade and you teach your son or daughter to discuss any issues they have with the coach. Its called growing up.
During the Covid Pandemic I think its ok to have a JR/Sr player/family approach a coach to get advice for recruiting purposes, that's perfectly fine.

My son went to an ISL Keller school for 4 years and played one year of JV and three on varsity. He was not recruited and walked on by just showing up at tryouts. He was full - pay tuition, for the record.

I was one of those parents who believed their son was getting less water and sunshine from the coach than he deserved compared to the other flowers on the bench. I believed it was "politics" but obviously as has been proven here on the D-Board, there is tremendous subjectivity involved. As such, my assertion could never be proven. But towards the end of my son's career at his prep school something interesting happened.

The team had a blue-chip defenseman in his junior year who had a commitment to a top 10 nationally ranked Division I hockey school. This player earned top ice on special teams, full strength, key situations, etc., all season long. With about 5 games left in the season, this golden boy announced to the team (and coach) he would not be returning the following year to pursue a Junior Hockey opportunity (I wont say where).

For the last 5 games this player, who had clearly distinguished himself all season long, suddenly became the 7th defenseman off the bench. It seemed that the coach felt slighted, and decided to sacrifice the idea of maximizing the teams chances of winning the last 5 games by keeping this kid off the ice.

Politics? YOU BET! Meritocracy totally out the window....

These events confirmed my personal instincts for the past 3 years that the coach let his feelings/ego affect his decision making.

This is an interesting take. Will be interesting to see what coaches do next year at the prep level. Many kids left campus. left teammates, left coaches to play in other leagues. Next year, will these kids be welcomed back after abandoning everyone. What happened to there is no "I" in team? Some will say they left with coaches approval but it still wont sit well with coaching staffs and more importantly teammates. Time will tell.

Anon
This is an interesting take. Will be interesting to see what coaches do next year at the prep level. Many kids left campus. left teammates, left coaches to play in other leagues. Next year, will these kids be welcomed back after abandoning everyone. What happened to there is no "I" in team? Some will say they left with coaches approval but it still wont sit well with coaching staffs and more importantly teammates. Time will tell.
Dumb take. Every kid does what is best for his own situation. Even at the prep level its not a "team" its a bunch of individuals who play 15 games together. If a USHL team calls then every player playing prep is GONE.

anon
Anon
This is an interesting take. Will be interesting to see what coaches do next year at the prep level. Many kids left campus. left teammates, left coaches to play in other leagues. Next year, will these kids be welcomed back after abandoning everyone. What happened to there is no \"I\" in team? Some will say they left with coaches approval but it still wont sit well with coaching staffs and more importantly teammates. Time will tell.
Dumb take. Every kid does what is best for his own situation. Even at the prep level its not a "team" its a bunch of individuals who play 15 games together. If a USHL team calls then every player playing prep is GONE.
How about the ones that left for USPHL Premier or NCDC or other local Half or Full Season teams, will coaches be ok with them next year? Is it true that Prep hockey has nothing to do with team and all to do with the individual? Maybe I should start telling my kid to forget about the team and do what's best for only you. Thanks for the advice.

Anon
anon
Anon
This is an interesting take. Will be interesting to see what coaches do next year at the prep level. Many kids left campus. left teammates, left coaches to play in other leagues. Next year, will these kids be welcomed back after abandoning everyone. What happened to there is no \\\"I\\\" in team? Some will say they left with coaches approval but it still wont sit well with coaching staffs and more importantly teammates. Time will tell.
Dumb take. Every kid does what is best for his own situation. Even at the prep level its not a \"team\" its a bunch of individuals who play 15 games together. If a USHL team calls then every player playing prep is GONE.
How about the ones that left for USPHL Premier or NCDC or other local Half or Full Season teams, will coaches be ok with them next year? Is it true that Prep hockey has nothing to do with team and all to do with the individual? Maybe I should start telling my kid to forget about the team and do what's best for only you. Thanks for the advice.
So your kid is in the middle of a season and gets a call from a USHL team. They want to add him to their roster. DO you think the best thing for your kids hockey development is to say "Nah, we pass, we are going to stay and play prep"...you do whats best for your own kid. The coach will coach who is there.

The question is Not whether the player made the right move to leave prep for the following season, clearly he is within his rights to most fully optimize his hockey career, including leaving high school after his 11th grade year to play on a Juniors hockey team.

The Question to me worth pondering, specifically relating to "politics", is how egregiously wrong is the coaches decision to "bench" the kid after the player announced that this year would be his last at the school? There was virtual universal agreement that this player was the number 1 defenseman on the team.

The vaunted meritocracy myth was shattered by the coaches maneuver....

In my opinion a good coach would have left the line up unaffected, regardless of how much the player's decision angered the coach.

Rink Doosh

The question is Not whether the player made the right move to leave prep for the following season, clearly he is within his rights to most fully optimize his hockey career, including leaving high school after his 11th grade year to play on a Juniors hockey team.

The Question to me worth pondering, specifically relating to "politics", is how egregiously wrong is the coaches decision to "bench" the kid after the player announced that this year would be his last at the school? There was virtual universal agreement that this player was the number 1 defenseman on the team.

In my opinion a good coach would have left the line up unaffected, regardless of how much the player's decision angered the coach.

A good coach wants kids to develop and move onto higher level. A self serving douche coach is one that would penalize a kid for wanting that.

1st. I don’t believe coach benched the kid. Player’s future success will be direct reflection on prep coach and program. 2nd. If kid is not one of top 5 or 6 players on a high school team, he sucks!

anon
Rink Doosh

The Question to me worth pondering, specifically relating to \"politics\", is how egregiously wrong is the coaches decision to \"bench\" the kid after the player announced that this year would be his last at the school? There was virtual universal agreement that this player was the number 1 defenseman on the team.

In my opinion a good coach would have left the line up unaffected, regardless of how much the player\'s decision angered the coach.

A good coach wants kids to develop and move onto higher level. A self serving douche coach is one that would penalize a kid for wanting that.
BINGO!!!!! You have just pointed out what 99% of the coaches in New England will do when a player has a better opportunity. They all become douche bags. We are not just talking youth hockey either. We are talking High School, Prep, Club,(Midget - NCDC), College. All of them. The coach doesn't like it when a good player actually has a chance to move beyond the confines of their control..

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
This is an interesting take. Will be interesting to see what coaches do next year at the prep level. Many kids left campus. left teammates, left coaches to play in other leagues. Next year, will these kids be welcomed back after abandoning everyone. What happened to there is no \\\\\\\"I\\\\\\\" in team? Some will say they left with coaches approval but it still wont sit well with coaching staffs and more importantly teammates. Time will tell.
Dumb take. Every kid does what is best for his own situation. Even at the prep level its not a \\\"team\\\" its a bunch of individuals who play 15 games together. If a USHL team calls then every player playing prep is GONE.
How about the ones that left for USPHL Premier or NCDC or other local Half or Full Season teams, will coaches be ok with them next year? Is it true that Prep hockey has nothing to do with team and all to do with the individual? Maybe I should start telling my kid to forget about the team and do what\'s best for only you. Thanks for the advice.
So your kid is in the middle of a season and gets a call from a USHL team. They want to add him to their roster. DO you think the best thing for your kids hockey development is to say "Nah, we pass, we are going to stay and play prep"...you do whats best for your own kid. The coach will coach who is there.
I understand what your saying, but what happens next year when the is back at Prep. Does the coach reward him for leaving the year before or does it not matter and if the kid is good he gets the love as long as he is on campus?

Rink Doosh
My son went to an ISL Keller school for 4 years and played one year of JV and three on varsity. He was not recruited and walked on by just showing up at tryouts. He was full - pay tuition, for the record.

I was one of those parents who believed their son was getting less water and sunshine from the coach than he deserved compared to the other flowers on the bench. I believed it was "politics" but obviously as has been proven here on the D-Board, there is tremendous subjectivity involved. As such, my assertion could never be proven. But towards the end of my son's career at his prep school something interesting happened.

The team had a blue-chip defenseman in his junior year who had a commitment to a top 10 nationally ranked Division I hockey school. This player earned top ice on special teams, full strength, key situations, etc., all season long. With about 5 games left in the season, this golden boy announced to the team (and coach) he would not be returning the following year to pursue a Junior Hockey opportunity (I wont say where).

For the last 5 games this player, who had clearly distinguished himself all season long, suddenly became the 7th defenseman off the bench. It seemed that the coach felt slighted, and decided to sacrifice the idea of maximizing the teams chances of winning the last 5 games by keeping this kid off the ice.

Politics? YOU BET! Meritocracy totally out the window....

These events confirmed my personal instincts for the past 3 years that the coach let his feelings/ego affect his decision making.
This kid learned a valuable life lesson about keeping his future plans to himself. You never say anything about where you are playing next season until the current season is over. Actually, you don't say anything until after main tryout camp and you've made the cut and are on the team. Too many things can go wrong between the end of the season and the start of the next season. Coaches change their mind, coaching changes happen and commitments go out the window, injuries, etc. You just never know what is going to happen and it is best to focus on and finish the current season before saying anything about the next season.

At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn't be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You're saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don't get that.

Anon
At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn't be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You're saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don't get that.
You guys must have had terrible coaches growing up. My coach worked with my family to get me into College. He never had an issues with my parents reaching out, it was only twice a year or so but he was awesome about it. Get a real coach!

Anon
Anon
At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn\'t be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You\'re saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don\'t get that.
You guys must have had terrible coaches growing up. My coach worked with my family to get me into College. He never had an issues with my parents reaching out, it was only twice a year or so but he was awesome about it. Get a real coach!
The classic a-s-s kisser. Sorry bud, you don’t need the high school coach to get into college. Actually, most coaches are perturb that you are asking them to do any work on your behalf. Stop meddling in your kid’s high school career. Your high school career ended over 20 years ago. You are the classic example of what is wrong with high school athletics. You make it about YOUR kid and YOURSELF.

anon
Anon
Anon
At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn\\\'t be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You\\\'re saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don\\\'t get that.
The classic a-s-s kisser. Sorry bud, you don’t need the high school coach to get into college. Actually, most coaches are perturb that you are asking them to do any work on your behalf. Stop meddling in your kid’s high school career. Your high school career ended over 20 years ago. You are the classic example of what is wrong with high school athletics. You make it about YOUR kid and YOURSELF.
Sorry bud? Talk like an adult please. When your kid plays at a high level and has multiple offers on the table for college there is nothing wrong with asking his current coach for his thoughts on those offers. Again, if your high school coach is that set on not discussing the future, find a new coach! Bud

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn\\\\\\\'t be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You\\\\\\\'re saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don\\\\\\\'t get that.
Sorry bud? Talk like an adult please. When your kid plays at a high level and has multiple offers on the table for college there is nothing wrong with asking his current coach for his thoughts on those offers. Again, if your high school coach is that set on not discussing the future, find a new coach! Bud
Now I know you are full of s-h-I-t. Why discuss with your high school coach about your kid’s multiple offers? It is none of his business. Just like it is non of your business talking anything hockey related about the high school team. Shut your pie hole and enjoy the game. The high school hockey coach doesn’t want to hear your opinion on matters related to his team. Your politics are unwanted.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t get that.
Now I know you are full of s-h-I-t. Why discuss with your high school coach about your kid’s multiple offers? It is none of his business. Just like it is non of your business talking anything hockey related about the high school team. Shut your pie hole and enjoy the game. The high school hockey coach doesn’t want to hear your opinion on matters related to his team. Your politics are unwanted.
Now I get it! Your kid hasn't been in any of these high end situations so you have no clue. Your family has never had to make such a life changing decision. I am not talking about what line is this kid is on, not talking about counting shifts, or how a coach runs the PP. I'm talking about the young men that respect their coach and the coach respects the player AND his family and wants to see that player develop in the right program. Its a really nice experience, I hope you get to have that with your player.

If you say so. Folks, stay away from high school coaches such as this one. Their decision making is based in parental input and not talent.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t get that.
Now I get it! Your kid hasn't been in any of these high end situations so you have no clue. Your family has never had to make such a life changing decision. I am not talking about what line is this kid is on, not talking about counting shifts, or how a coach runs the PP. I'm talking about the young men that respect their coach and the coach respects the player AND his family and wants to see that player develop in the right program. Its a really nice experience, I hope you get to have that with your player.
Spot on

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t get that.
Spot on
Pucker up buttercup.

Your parents spoke to the coach twice a year, totally acceptable. Today, the coaches are getting texts on the bench during games when little Johnny misses a shift.

Anon
Your parents spoke to the coach twice a year, totally acceptable. Today, the coaches are getting texts on the bench during games when little Johnny misses a shift.
Seriously? That's brutal! What level High School are you talking. Prep, D1, D2, D3?

Anon
yeah, let my kids coach and my 15 year old make decisions about his college future without our input. Idiot

we are not talking abut your kid having basic conversations about high school classes or his covers being ripped.

Anon
Anon
At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn\'t be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You\'re saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don\'t get that.
yeah, let my kids coach and my 15 year old make decisions about his college future without our input. Idiot

we are not talking abut your kid having basic conversations about high school classes or his covers being ripped.
Your kid’s high school coach is not the decision maker on where he goes to college. So there is no need to talk to the coach. Or is that too far off your radar to comprehend? Dumba-s-s.

"There's are no politics in high school hockey" Easily wins this year's dumbest quote of the year award. We are still giving this out right?

Anon
"There's are no politics in high school hockey" Easily wins this year's dumbest quote of the year award. We are still giving this out right?
Well.. there is less politics in HS Hockey than in so called Elite hockey or FS teams.
Have had kids on both sides it is not even close.

anon
Anon
\"There\'s are no politics in high school hockey\" Easily wins this year\'s dumbest quote of the year award. We are still giving this out right?
Well.. there is less politics in HS Hockey than in so called Elite hockey or FS teams.
Have had kids on both sides it is not even close.
So most of the people are correct here. Politics wins out. Talent doesn’t.

Anon
Sorry your kid sucks and you have to blame politics.

Anon
Anon
\"There\'s are no politics in high school hockey\" Easily wins this year\'s dumbest quote of the year award. We are still giving this out right?

You got a bad attitude high school coach. It is not the kid’s fault you chose to coach learn to skate players instead of real hockey players. Sorry your team sucks.

anon
Anon
Anon

You got a bad attitude high school coach. It is not the kid’s fault you chose to coach learn to skate players instead of real hockey players. Sorry your team sucks.
Sorry pal. Kids that get cut from my team go and play full season elite club with the same kids who play full season elite because they think high school sucks, while the parents tell everyone they are playing full season.

And every year it becomes more apparent that parents don’t know what a “real hockey player”.

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
\\"There\\'s are no politics in high school hockey\\" Easily wins this year\\'s dumbest quote of the year award. We are still giving this out right?

Sorry pal. Kids that get cut from my team go and play full season elite club with the same kids who play full season elite because they think high school sucks, while the parents tell everyone they are playing full season.

And every year it becomes more apparent that parents don’t know what a “real hockey player”.
Is this English? WTF is wrong with you, can you create a full sentence that makes sense?

I love it when these neanderthal coaches have offspring and then miraculously their kid is on the top line and are held to no accountability as a freshman. Sorry, your kid has a bad attitude. But my kid, my kid is the best. He never makes a mistake.