Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Politics of High School

At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn't be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You're saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don't get that.

Anon
At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn't be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You're saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don't get that.
You guys must have had terrible coaches growing up. My coach worked with my family to get me into College. He never had an issues with my parents reaching out, it was only twice a year or so but he was awesome about it. Get a real coach!

Anon
Anon
At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn\'t be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You\'re saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don\'t get that.
You guys must have had terrible coaches growing up. My coach worked with my family to get me into College. He never had an issues with my parents reaching out, it was only twice a year or so but he was awesome about it. Get a real coach!
The classic a-s-s kisser. Sorry bud, you don’t need the high school coach to get into college. Actually, most coaches are perturb that you are asking them to do any work on your behalf. Stop meddling in your kid’s high school career. Your high school career ended over 20 years ago. You are the classic example of what is wrong with high school athletics. You make it about YOUR kid and YOURSELF.

anon
Anon
Anon
At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn\\\'t be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You\\\'re saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don\\\'t get that.
The classic a-s-s kisser. Sorry bud, you don’t need the high school coach to get into college. Actually, most coaches are perturb that you are asking them to do any work on your behalf. Stop meddling in your kid’s high school career. Your high school career ended over 20 years ago. You are the classic example of what is wrong with high school athletics. You make it about YOUR kid and YOURSELF.
Sorry bud? Talk like an adult please. When your kid plays at a high level and has multiple offers on the table for college there is nothing wrong with asking his current coach for his thoughts on those offers. Again, if your high school coach is that set on not discussing the future, find a new coach! Bud

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn\\\\\\\'t be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You\\\\\\\'re saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don\\\\\\\'t get that.
Sorry bud? Talk like an adult please. When your kid plays at a high level and has multiple offers on the table for college there is nothing wrong with asking his current coach for his thoughts on those offers. Again, if your high school coach is that set on not discussing the future, find a new coach! Bud
Now I know you are full of s-h-I-t. Why discuss with your high school coach about your kid’s multiple offers? It is none of his business. Just like it is non of your business talking anything hockey related about the high school team. Shut your pie hole and enjoy the game. The high school hockey coach doesn’t want to hear your opinion on matters related to his team. Your politics are unwanted.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t get that.
Now I know you are full of s-h-I-t. Why discuss with your high school coach about your kid’s multiple offers? It is none of his business. Just like it is non of your business talking anything hockey related about the high school team. Shut your pie hole and enjoy the game. The high school hockey coach doesn’t want to hear your opinion on matters related to his team. Your politics are unwanted.
Now I get it! Your kid hasn't been in any of these high end situations so you have no clue. Your family has never had to make such a life changing decision. I am not talking about what line is this kid is on, not talking about counting shifts, or how a coach runs the PP. I'm talking about the young men that respect their coach and the coach respects the player AND his family and wants to see that player develop in the right program. Its a really nice experience, I hope you get to have that with your player.

If you say so. Folks, stay away from high school coaches such as this one. Their decision making is based in parental input and not talent.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t get that.
Now I get it! Your kid hasn't been in any of these high end situations so you have no clue. Your family has never had to make such a life changing decision. I am not talking about what line is this kid is on, not talking about counting shifts, or how a coach runs the PP. I'm talking about the young men that respect their coach and the coach respects the player AND his family and wants to see that player develop in the right program. Its a really nice experience, I hope you get to have that with your player.
Spot on

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t get that.
Spot on
Pucker up buttercup.

Your parents spoke to the coach twice a year, totally acceptable. Today, the coaches are getting texts on the bench during games when little Johnny misses a shift.

Anon
Your parents spoke to the coach twice a year, totally acceptable. Today, the coaches are getting texts on the bench during games when little Johnny misses a shift.
Seriously? That's brutal! What level High School are you talking. Prep, D1, D2, D3?

Anon
yeah, let my kids coach and my 15 year old make decisions about his college future without our input. Idiot

we are not talking abut your kid having basic conversations about high school classes or his covers being ripped.

Anon
Anon
At the high school level, you as a parent, shouldn\'t be talking to a HS coach about where and what your kid should be doing on the ice. Your kid is the one who should be doing all the talking. You\'re saying its not politics, but by you speaking to the coach, its all about politics. You just don\'t get that.
yeah, let my kids coach and my 15 year old make decisions about his college future without our input. Idiot

we are not talking abut your kid having basic conversations about high school classes or his covers being ripped.
Your kid’s high school coach is not the decision maker on where he goes to college. So there is no need to talk to the coach. Or is that too far off your radar to comprehend? Dumba-s-s.

"There's are no politics in high school hockey" Easily wins this year's dumbest quote of the year award. We are still giving this out right?

Anon
"There's are no politics in high school hockey" Easily wins this year's dumbest quote of the year award. We are still giving this out right?
Well.. there is less politics in HS Hockey than in so called Elite hockey or FS teams.
Have had kids on both sides it is not even close.

anon
Anon
\"There\'s are no politics in high school hockey\" Easily wins this year\'s dumbest quote of the year award. We are still giving this out right?
Well.. there is less politics in HS Hockey than in so called Elite hockey or FS teams.
Have had kids on both sides it is not even close.
So most of the people are correct here. Politics wins out. Talent doesn’t.

Anon
Sorry your kid sucks and you have to blame politics.

Anon
Anon
\"There\'s are no politics in high school hockey\" Easily wins this year\'s dumbest quote of the year award. We are still giving this out right?

You got a bad attitude high school coach. It is not the kid’s fault you chose to coach learn to skate players instead of real hockey players. Sorry your team sucks.

anon
Anon
Anon

You got a bad attitude high school coach. It is not the kid’s fault you chose to coach learn to skate players instead of real hockey players. Sorry your team sucks.
Sorry pal. Kids that get cut from my team go and play full season elite club with the same kids who play full season elite because they think high school sucks, while the parents tell everyone they are playing full season.

And every year it becomes more apparent that parents don’t know what a “real hockey player”.

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
\\"There\\'s are no politics in high school hockey\\" Easily wins this year\\'s dumbest quote of the year award. We are still giving this out right?

Sorry pal. Kids that get cut from my team go and play full season elite club with the same kids who play full season elite because they think high school sucks, while the parents tell everyone they are playing full season.

And every year it becomes more apparent that parents don’t know what a “real hockey player”.
Is this English? WTF is wrong with you, can you create a full sentence that makes sense?

I love it when these neanderthal coaches have offspring and then miraculously their kid is on the top line and are held to no accountability as a freshman. Sorry, your kid has a bad attitude. But my kid, my kid is the best. He never makes a mistake.