Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Highlight Video?

Excellent idea. Coaches don’t have time to watch whole games. In terms of whether you need it - everybody requested video from us: from USHL to
college, even though they knew my son very well. I don’t know how to edit old games, but for future games: take your iPhone, only record your player, when he is in action, after the game go through the clips, delete the useless ones, keep the good ones. Go to iMovie and link the clips together into a segment (3-8 minutes long). Do not use music! We learned this from a coach and it became super helpful! (You can upload your iMovie to YouTube and share that link).

I don't agree on the music part however. My suggestion is play Queen's WE Are The Champions to your highlight reel. Fool proof approach

My kid’s video is mashup of soundtracks from Debbie does Dallas and behind the green door. Classic 70s everyone will appreciate.

My kids highlight video is clips of his town league and high school career saving him $100,000 in "elite" youth hockey tuition and travel while still ending up on the same men's league team as all the rest at 25.

anon
My kids highlight video is clips of his town league and high school career saving him $100,000 in "elite" youth hockey tuition and travel while still ending up on the same men's league team as all the rest at 25.
Sounds like a sound argument from a Pope dad

Don't do any editing.

Just send them a link to livebarn with dates. If a coach really wants your player he'll find him. Make that coach work for it.

anon
Don't do any editing.

Just send them a link to livebarn with dates. If a coach really wants your player he'll find him. Make that coach work for it.
assuming the OP was serious. Coaches have reached to us and have said please keep sending video. We send all shifts, put the good and bad highlights together and offer the link to the full game on YouTube. I have a friend who is a coach that said, he gets suspicious if only gets film with the good stuff. They want to see good, bad and meh...