email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
USHL Draft

Not to many Mass kids being pick so far

Re: USHL Draft

Lets talk about an E9 kid being selected 2nd overall. That must be really getting to those fed elite parents now

Through 125 picks, only 6 Mass kids selected.

Really poor showing by the 05s compared to the 04s last year….

Anon
Really poor showing by the 05s compared to the 04s last year….
Don't forget 3 MA boys made the National Development team. They could not be drafted.

True, and who knows how many 04s would have made NTDP if they actually had a tryout last year, only one was picked although two others have played for them this season.

I guess I’m just surprised at the low member of top 05 players compared to 04s based on the hype. The buzz around the rinks has been that 2005 birth year is very strong, seems like the ushl feels differently.

Todays the day! I am either going to play Jr hockey next year or it has come to an end. Will find out tonight. I'm a little nervous.

Anyone know how many of these futures picks actually make these teams in the next 2-3 years on average?

Just like every other year. USHL doesn't waste picks on a bunch of kids afraid of leaving their comfy little prep schools where mommy can stop in and deliver cookies on the weekends. Where they can walk around campus in their jackets and ascots and think they will all be going to an Ivy League school based on their academic performance. The USHL teams know New England kids won't want to face 60 game seasons, long bus rides, fighting and the best players in the US.

Why pick them when only a few will man-up and go?

anon
Just like every other year. USHL doesn't waste picks on a bunch of kids afraid of leaving their comfy little prep schools where mommy can stop in and deliver cookies on the weekends. Where they can walk around campus in their jackets and ascots and think they will all be going to an Ivy League school based on their academic performance. The USHL teams know New England kids won't want to face 60 game seasons, long bus rides, fighting and the best players in the US.

MY kid did, it was hard to leave his Prep school but going to the USHL was the best decision he ever made. Get's you ready for college hockey

anon

My kid would move today if that meant he could play USHL next season. Done with this prep crap. BCHL and AJHL also worth leaving prep now.

Send him out this summer to one of the team's clinics and have him meet with the coaches. Local kid did this a few years ago and two teams found him.

Remember back when "US"HL stood for United States..Not anymore boys, don't get to hung up on these drafts, when all these picks cant come into the country and the teams are then reaching out, tell them to go f uck themselves. Sad day for Jr. hockey

He missed his mom's cookies, so they drafted him again

Dubuque Fighting Saints
@fightingsaints
·
15m
With the 97th overall selection in Phase II of the USHL Draft, we have selected forward Peter Kramer…again.

Id like to thank the PHL! PHL! PHL! PHL!

Go! We wont miss hin, trust me.

Anyone else get 5 main camp invites tonight! How about GFY!

Anon
I guess you and your son are cowards then?

1 hour after my son did not get picked in the USHL draft he received his college commitment! Talk about a rollercoaster of a day.

Anon
1 hour after my son did not get picked in the USHL draft he received his college commitment! Talk about a rollercoaster of a day.
Excellent.

Sometimes I wonder if you need to assure the teams in the USHL that the kid is interested and is willing to play before they will take him.

Also, now you have a commit I'm sure he can waltz onto a team as they love it when the cart is already attached to the horse. Any word if this is true?

Anon
Stonehill College doesn't count

Anon
Anon
Stonehill College doesn't count
Does Air Force? I mean, is that good? Does Air Force count in your book?

Anon
Anon
I guess you and your son are cowards then?
Of all the sense, you make none of it.

Anon
My son had 3 invites in his email this morning. Totally agree, take your invite and shove it directly up your azz!

2004 birthyear. Originally from Cali. Played AA. Now at a Prep School. Cut from varsity. Drafted.

You still need to go to the camp/tryout and actually make the team.

Even making the team doesn't mean you are going to play everynight.

Anon

Exactly!

Anon

Take a look at rosters on EP. All of these teams have 7-8 forward lines on the roster, dress 4. They have 11-15 D on the roster, dress 7, they all have 3 or 4 goalies, dress 2. If you think getting drafted gets you ice time your crazy. Do you realize this means every game there are 15-20 players who MADE the team are watching from the stands.

Anon
Anon

Even making the team doesn\'t mean you are going to play everynight.
Take a look at rosters on EP. All of these teams have 7-8 forward lines on the roster, dress 4. They have 11-15 D on the roster, dress 7, they all have 3 or 4 goalies, dress 2. If you think getting drafted gets you ice time your crazy. Do you realize this means every game there are 15-20 players who MADE the team are watching from the stands.
Hey Dumb _ss, looking at the rosters on EP lsit all of the players who were on that roster during any particular time during the season, so yeah, the number of players would be larger than normal. And no, they don't have 10-15 players sitting in the stands. :smile:

Anon
Anon
Anon

Even making the team doesn\\\'t mean you are going to play everynight.
Hey Dumb _ss, looking at the rosters on EP lsit all of the players who were on that roster during any particular time during the season, so yeah, the number of players would be larger than normal. And no, they don't have 10-15 players sitting in the stands. :smile:
Ok, let me know how it works for ya. My kid was there this season, he must be lying.

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Even making the team doesn\\\\\\\'t mean you are going to play everynight.
Hey Dumb _ss, looking at the rosters on EP lsit all of the players who were on that roster during any particular time during the season, so yeah, the number of players would be larger than normal. And no, they don\'t have 10-15 players sitting in the stands. :smile:
Ok, let me know how it works for ya. My kid was there this season, he must be lying.
Yes he is. Teams have 23 man rosters. Now during the season there are injuries so players are brought in. They usually try to get affiliate list players in 1-2 games.

So yes the published rosters look long but the core group dress every game. USHL coaches play to win. If your kid sat in the stands a lot of games they he was teh 7th D or 13th F and was bumped every time they wanted to get someone some time. It happens. Not a bad thing if he is now in line to play regular minutes this year but sounds like that's not what you are expecting.

anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Even making the team doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t mean you are going to play everynight.
Hey Dumb _ss, looking at the rosters on EP lsit all of the players who were on that roster during any particular time during the season, so yeah, the number of players would be larger than normal. And no, they don\\\'t have 10-15 players sitting in the stands. :smile:
Yes he is. Teams have 23 man rosters. Now during the season there are injuries so players are brought in. They usually try to get affiliate list players in 1-2 games.

So yes the published rosters look long but the core group dress every game. USHL coaches play to win. If your kid sat in the stands a lot of games they he was teh 7th D or 13th F and was bumped every time they wanted to get someone some time. It happens. Not a bad thing if he is now in line to play regular minutes this year but sounds like that's not what you are expecting.
Dude, at 1 time they had 8 forward lines at practice. That’s 24 forwards. Don’t give me your crap, they had 14 D for a better part of the year. It is what it is, why try to sell it any other way. My son sat and paid his dues, next year should be better but these little 03 04 players will NOT be in the ice. Just prepare your kid for that mentally.

Anon
anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Even making the team doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t mean you are going to play everynight.
Hey Dumb _ss, looking at the rosters on EP lsit all of the players who were on that roster during any particular time during the season, so yeah, the number of players would be larger than normal. And no, they don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t have 10-15 players sitting in the stands. :smile:

So yes the published rosters look long but the core group dress every game. USHL coaches play to win. If your kid sat in the stands a lot of games they he was teh 7th D or 13th F and was bumped every time they wanted to get someone some time. It happens. Not a bad thing if he is now in line to play regular minutes this year but sounds like that\\\\\\\'s not what you are expecting.
Dude, at 1 time they had 8 forward lines at practice. That’s 24 forwards. Don’t give me your crap, they had 14 D for a better part of the year. It is what it is, why try to sell it any other way. My son sat and paid his dues, next year should be better but these little 03 04 players will NOT be in the ice. Just prepare your kid for that mentally.
Dude. Dude.

Your lying. I know your lying. Anyone whose kid ever played USHL knows you’re lying. They don’t have 40-50 kids billet for the full season and randomly rotate the lineup through that group.

Anon
Anon
anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Even making the team doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t mean you are going to play everynight.
Hey Dumb _ss, looking at the rosters on EP lsit all of the players who were on that roster during any particular time during the season, so yeah, the number of players would be larger than normal. And no, they don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t have 10-15 players sitting in the stands. :smile:

So yes the published rosters look long but the core group dress every game. USHL coaches play to win. If your kid sat in the stands a lot of games they he was teh 7th D or 13th F and was bumped every time they wanted to get someone some time. It happens. Not a bad thing if he is now in line to play regular minutes this year but sounds like that\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s not what you are expecting.
Dude. Dude.

Your lying. I know your lying. Anyone whose kid ever played USHL knows you’re lying. They don’t have 40-50 kids billet for the full season and randomly rotate the lineup through that group.
Go to EP, Pull up USHL Teams, Click on Stats, How many players and goalies do you see? Is it more than 23? Oh it is, thats crazy because you said it isn't. Is it more like 30-35? SO how can that many players play in a game? They cant? So a bunch of them sit in the stands every night. My kid was THERE, kids sit every night, a lot of them.

Your a special kind of stupid and reading comprehension is not your thing. Those long rosters have been explained. An affiliate going and playing a few games does not mean he sits there in that city and billets for the entire season. A call up from the NAHL for an injury is just that. Temporary. The player goes back when the rostered player returns from injury.

Why is it that with all of the threads about the USHL over the years, you are the only one who has ever brought up 40-50 man rosters and that many kids at practice?

Anon
Your a special kind of stupid and reading comprehension is not your thing. Those long rosters have been explained. An affiliate going and playing a few games does not mean he sits there in that city and billets for the entire season. A call up from the NAHL for an injury is just that. Temporary. The player goes back when the rostered player returns from injury.

Why is it that with all of the threads about the USHL over the years, you are the only one who has ever brought up 40-50 man rosters and that many kids at practice?

Your wrong

Anon
Anon

Your wrong
Very convincing.

Anon
anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Even making the team doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t mean you are going to play everynight.
Hey Dumb _ss, looking at the rosters on EP lsit all of the players who were on that roster during any particular time during the season, so yeah, the number of players would be larger than normal. And no, they don\\\'t have 10-15 players sitting in the stands. :smile:

Dude that’s called training camp so yes most likely had 24 forwards so they could play games during camp to pick the teams. Junior teams including Tier 3 teams are only allowed certain amount of players. So yes walking into camp you will have 30 or so players on ice at one time. Once rosters have to be finalized you will never seen more than 23 unless a player or 2 have been invited to come skate at practice.

Your welcome moron

Trades also add a lot of lines to the roster lists. Most teams will make trades and so that adds to the perception that there are 40-50 on the roster.

I know logic is discouraged on the dboard but ask yourself. Why would USHL teams do this? What’s the benefit? What coach wants 50 players on the practice ice? Who wants and extra 20 teenagers that are less engaged and a potential to get in trouble. What club wants to pay an extra $200 per player per month in billet expenses? That’s real money to these clubs.

Went through my kids team roster in the year he played.

22F + 13D played in at least one gam.

Of the forwards, 4 were affiliates that played in 2g. 7 were traded in or out during the season. There were a couple who came in for several games (9, 11). They were NAHL/T1E but played most of their seasons on those teams so they didn't just hang around and practice. Probably brought in for injuries.

The team played 65 games in total. 8 F played on average 60 games. Some played all, some in the 50's which makes sense for the kids brought in.

Defense was mostly the same. 13D. 2 Affiliates played. 5 traded in/out. The rest primary roster all season.

So no, there are not 20 kids scratched every night sitting in the stands for the entire season. I know, everyone knew this already except for one person.

anon
Went through my kids team roster in the year he played.

22F + 13D played in at least one gam.

Of the forwards, 4 were affiliates that played in 2g. 7 were traded in or out during the season. There were a couple who came in for several games (9, 11). They were NAHL/T1E but played most of their seasons on those teams so they didn't just hang around and practice. Probably brought in for injuries.

The team played 65 games in total. 8 F played on average 60 games. Some played all, some in the 50's which makes sense for the kids brought in.

Defense was mostly the same. 13D. 2 Affiliates played. 5 traded in/out. The rest primary roster all season.

So no, there are not 20 kids scratched every night sitting in the stands for the entire season. I know, everyone knew this already except for one person.

You too are wrong

Yes everyone is wrong but you.

Anon
Yes everyone is wrong but you.
Not everyone. Just everyone who was not in Des Moines or Sioux City this year and see how many lines they ran at practice on a weekly basis

So the players that had already tendered/committed to teams in other leagues (BCHL & NAHL), do they just drop those teams to play in the USHL?

Just wondering how that works

The NAHL and USHL are USAH governed and therefore support call ups. Kind of like the P Bruins to Bruins.

Canadian Junior A does not have that relationship with USHL. They are competitors. If a player leaves one leave for the other it’s typically permanent.

You people are idiots, there aren't 30-35-40-45 players on an USHL roster at one time. My kid played in the USHL for two years, the rosters on the EP is a list of kids that were on the active roster at any one time during the course of the season. I think the roster is limited to 23, 24, or 25 nowadays. There aren't 10, 15 guys sitting in the stands on any given night, unless they have a bunch of "affiliates" that came in for a weekend to watch. Get a clue.

Anon
You people are idiots, there aren't 30-35-40-45 players on an USHL roster at one time. My kid played in the USHL for two years, the rosters on the EP is a list of kids that were on the active roster at any one time during the course of the season. I think the roster is limited to 23, 24, or 25 nowadays. There aren't 10, 15 guys sitting in the stands on any given night, unless they have a bunch of "affiliates" that came in for a weekend to watch. Get a clue.
Tell me why u mad!

Anon
Anon
You people are idiots, there aren\'t 30-35-40-45 players on an USHL roster at one time. My kid played in the USHL for two years, the rosters on the EP is a list of kids that were on the active roster at any one time during the course of the season. I think the roster is limited to 23, 24, or 25 nowadays. There aren\'t 10, 15 guys sitting in the stands on any given night, unless they have a bunch of \"affiliates\" that came in for a weekend to watch. Get a clue.
Tell me why u mad!
Because there is no parent on this thread that has a kid that will even get a sniff of the USHL

This should make it clear as mud https://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/1045852

No makes it clear. 23 man roster by season start. Not 40-50.

In a way you are all correct. USHL teams do have 40-50 guys cycle through over the course of a season. This year was extra crazy as COVID created a logjam of players looking for ice time. A USHL team has a core group of players but during any given practice you could see 40+ players on the ice and up to 5 goalies. Why? Because the teams bring in affiliate players and other callups from AAA and the NAHL to give them some practice experience in the USHL and so they can get a better look at them for the future.

USHL teams will also call up affiliates to get them a game or two or more depending on injuries, etc. I've seen USHL teams call up players for a weekend just as a favor to AAA coaches to give a player a look. The reality is that these teams do have a core group of players though, the rosters just look really big because players come in for a game or two. No, these teams do not billet 40-50 players and have players that are nothing but practice players. It's a constant cycle of players coming in and out.

Same thing happens in the NAHL, Canadian Jr. A, and even at Tier 3. It's the way Junior hockey works.

They do not have practice players

No most of the extra players on any given roster or due to trades. One in and one out, so that does not add to this false narrative that there are 40+ players at practice.

Affiliates come in for short periods, typically Christmas and spring break and typically you will see 2-4 max because they are on school and have their own teams that they play on.

NAHL or T1E league players come in for injured players which also means one in, one out. They just don't leave their teams to hang out for a week or two to get experience. They only come in when called in to replace a rostered player who can't play.

So no, both are not right. USHL has rules and there are penalties for violating those rules, especially roster rules.