The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NCAA question

Now that college athletes are allowed to make money, can't one make the argument that CHL should no longer make a kid lose NCAA eligibility? QMJHL?!?!

Re: NCAA question

sure

No because they aren't in college yet so they are still bound by amateur rules. Once they are in school they can be compensated for NIL deals, but not by the school themselves.

NCAA can still restrict eligbility. I'm sure they will do what they can to prevent the NCAA from being flooded with CHL retreads. They want the elite talent. Opening the doors to kids going CHL as a first choice and then NCAA if they don't turn pro will take NCAA down a notch and kill USHL.

Have you ever watched a CHL game ? It would make NCAA even stronger kids would go up until draft year if they don’t get drafted in top 3-4 rounds they would come back down to play NCAA which would push out the bottom 6 players on roster. It would even bring the 21 year old age outs to come down to either play D3 or lower end D1s.

It 100% kills the USHL off though so I’m sure USA hockey will do everything possible just don’t know how much they can really do. It would really kill the national team program because those are the kids that are projected to be a high round draft pick.

The competition is for the first round talent. If CHL players were allowed to go to NCAA then no first or second round talent would go to NCAA. They would all sign right from CHL as most sign by 20 years old.

Thanks for the information on this. I really enjoy the information. google