Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wisdom needed

I can only speak for our roster, so it’s anecdotal. But my kid is one of the Prep players. And I have no problem admitting that some of the CC and MIAA players are either better now, or forecast as better prospects (height/strength/speed). Don’t get me wrong, my kid is pretty. good, but some of these CC/MIAA players on our club team simply don’t want to play Prep. We have 4 kids playing at top CC hockey schools and 2 kids playing at top Super 8 MIAA public schools. They and their families simply chose a different route.

Re: Wisdom needed

Anon
I can only speak for our roster, so it’s anecdotal. But my kid is one of the Prep players. And I have no problem admitting that some of the CC and MIAA players are either better now, or forecast as better prospects (height/strength/speed). Don’t get me wrong, my kid is pretty. good, but some of these CC/MIAA players on our club team simply don’t want to play Prep. We have 4 kids playing at top CC hockey schools and 2 kids playing at top Super 8 MIAA public schools. They and their families simply chose a different route.
And a lot just can't afford to pay for a prep school education...even with a bunch of financial aid.