Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prep Hockey

Half season biggest scam out there. My boy played prep,USHL , D1 and now AHL. Aren’t I suppose to say that to strengthen my point? Split season is all hype pushed by the programs that collect $25 from grandparents.

Half season is better than regular season. Rats, Whalers, Yale, Hitmen, Bruins, all of these super teams is fun to watch with the best of the best going against each other. Regular season is basically a let down in New England, plus not much to play for as most of the commitments have been handed out already.

“Super teams” love it. Keep pumping the tires.

Anon
Half season biggest scam out there. My boy played prep,USHL , D1 and now AHL. Aren’t I suppose to say that to strengthen my point? Split season is all hype pushed by the programs that collect $25 from grandparents.
I agree but its interesting how many college coaches are asking kids what fall teams they are on, what their schedules are and what tournaments they can meet at.

That is because it is their job. If they want to see a kid they want to see them play. They are not asking to check what team they play for and then somehow that tells them how good they are. All of it is the same, oportunities to see the kid play and assess their skating, hockey iq etc. The real time to get noticed was up to U15 AAA, if you wanted twitter recognition, these guys go 100% on reputation.

Anon
That is because it is their job. If they want to see a kid they want to see them play. They are not asking to check what team they play for and then somehow that tells them how good they are. All of it is the same, oportunities to see the kid play and assess their skating, hockey iq etc. The real time to get noticed was up to U15 AAA, if you wanted twitter recognition, these guys go 100% on reputation.
U15 my son was 5'6 130 lbs..U18 my son is 6 foot 180 lbs..he didnt get noticed at U15, he got noticed at U18.

Right, what I am saying is to get usless twitter recognition. U15AAA will get the early verbal comitts etc. Most kids have to grind it out.

If a game is played but stats are not put on Twitter, did the game ever really happen? I mean, I just saw Jr Eagles 2012 team has their own page with actual highlights of hockey. You people are sick!