Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Which prep school??

If you son goes to see a top Prep school and the Head coach writes a thank you letter for the interview before your son gets the chance to send his.. is this coach interestested in this student/player..?

How about a program that allows a player in 8th grade to skate with team before applying...?

Anon
Anon
History tells you that Avon, Cushing and Salisbury would be good choices. The major BUT here is these schools bring in tons of 1 year guys. Ask yourself, are these schools making these players or is it the other way around. Money and playing time not an object. Look for a coach who has a history of developing guys. Not sure you will find many in prep.
I wouldn't be so quick to keep Cushing in that list. Team has 1 current player committed from a few years ago. Avon and Salisbury has overcome them and their are other schools that have moved 4-8 players per year to a D1 commitment. I guess time will tell but if Cushing cant move kids on don't the move out of the "powerhouse" conversation.
Cushing has a new coach respected by all college programs, has a hockey director respected by all college programs, don’t be surprised if they get 10 of their players committed this year. Their U18 team is very good, ranked #1 in MA U18. Watch and see. Still powerhouse level hockey.

Anon
Anon
Anon
History tells you that Avon, Cushing and Salisbury would be good choices. The major BUT here is these schools bring in tons of 1 year guys. Ask yourself, are these schools making these players or is it the other way around. Money and playing time not an object. Look for a coach who has a history of developing guys. Not sure you will find many in prep.
I wouldn\'t be so quick to keep Cushing in that list. Team has 1 current player committed from a few years ago. Avon and Salisbury has overcome them and their are other schools that have moved 4-8 players per year to a D1 commitment. I guess time will tell but if Cushing cant move kids on don\'t the move out of the \"powerhouse\" conversation.
Cushing has a new coach respected by all college programs, has a hockey director respected by all college programs, don’t be surprised if they get 10 of their players committed this year. Their U18 team is very good, ranked #1 in MA U18. Watch and see. Still powerhouse level hockey.
Yeah, now they do Podcasts! SJ only cares about 1 05 who is going to get crushed when he plays against these older guys, tweets about him constantly. I don’t get it guys, it’s the fastest way to lose your locker room. Team concept is gone.

looks like Dexter has the biggest mix of local or NE players.. what other Prep team in New England can say the have as many or more local players?

In the Know

anon
looks like Dexter has the biggest mix of local or NE players.. what other Prep team in New England can say the have as many or more local players?

In the Know
Probably other day schools?