Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Points

I think it depends on the team your speaking about. Are we talking third liners at KUA, Salisbury, Avon, Cushing, Bel Hill, etc.. or third liners at BB&N, Hebron, Vermont, ect..? Huge difference in players. Wherever your kid is, he should attempt to be the best on the ice when he gets his chance.

Who cares what a high school coach thinks. Seriously, get your kid in a good program, get better and move onto Jrs. Even the good High schools are dealing with children, talk to be me when they are 20, 21, thats when this matters.

anon
Who cares what a high school coach thinks. Seriously, get your kid in a good program, get better and move onto Jrs. Even the good High schools are dealing with children, talk to be me when they are 20, 21, thats when this matters.
This is so true! Its great watching these "choosen" prep school players who had everything handed to them come to a Jr tryout and get their azzes handed to them. Players from the higher end preps who faced adversity, had to to fight everyday for their spot are more impact players in our Jr programs because they are gritty, physical, competitive and still more skilled than the FS kids so its a win win for us. Prep coaches, you just keep sitting those players so they aren't burnt out when they get to us.

anon
I think it depends on the team your speaking about. Are we talking third liners at KUA, Salisbury, Avon, Cushing, Bel Hill, etc.. or third liners at BB&N, Hebron, Vermont, ect..? Huge difference in players. Wherever your kid is, he should attempt to be the best on the ice when he gets his chance.
We pla*** one of the better teams listed today and their third liners were better than their first so I don’t know if any of this makes sense anymore.

I have reffed the NE Prep circuit for 15 years and can tell you the scoresheet changes just about every game. The call on the ice which we confirm with each other and with the kids on the ice is not what ends up in the stats. I know they are kicking around the idea of giving no assists, just recording goals. I think it would be better for the kids, it would force coaches to respect their players more, it a smack in the face for a kids to make plays and not get the point they deserve.

Its very suspect to find a forward with 1 Goal and 32 assists..that doesn't add up. Be Better.

Prep school coaches that mess with kids points are s***bags and kids should call them out when it happens which is daily. Look at the top schools stats and then watch games..when they dont jive you know there is s***baggery happening.

Someone said points don't matter yet all the leading scorers are getting commitments. Points matter the most! Facts.