Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Main Camp Prep

I'm getting ready for my first main camp, what's the best way to prepare? I plan on skating 2 times a week and just keeping up with my office routine. Any tips?

Re: Main Camp Prep

Anon
I'm getting ready for my first main camp, what's the best way to prepare? I plan on skating 2 times a week and just keeping up with my office routine. Any tips?
You should just hang it up... you don't have what it takes... you never had what it takes... you're a typical quarter trying to be a dollar... Now go get your effing shine box 不不不

Anon
Anon
I\'m getting ready for my first main camp, what\'s the best way to prepare? I plan on skating 2 times a week and just keeping up with my office routine. Any tips?
You should just hang it up... you don't have what it takes... you never had what it takes... you're a typical quarter trying to be a dollar... Now go get your effing shine box 不不不
You know that Billy Bats gets whacked for saying that right? Karma my friend

Here is some advice: Do the fundamental things perfectly. Make good passes, catch passes on forehand/backhand, keep your feet moving when you don't have the puck, pick up a man in the Dzone. Use your skills, if your a playmaker, make plays, don't try to turn into a goal scorer and vice versa. If you play physical, then do it here. Don't be lazy, Don't yell at guys on the bench and you should be all set. Yes, Billy Bats does get whacked, I never understood why people use that saying, they are just asking for a beating. Good Luck kid!

Was going to have my kid go out for JR Bruins but main camp is at Jay Peak in Vermont? WTF? Why?

Anon
Was going to have my kid go out for JR Bruins but main camp is at Jay Peak in Vermont? WTF? Why?
Team”s brass got free rooms for a week. Assuming end of June is not peak ski resort season. Give away a few rooms for free and bang out 100 rooms full price. Plus everyone has to eat and you’re kind of trapped there. so the restaurants will be full too. It’s a win win for everyone except the slobs from Shrewsbury who have to drive 4 hours instead of 15 minutes.

Anon
Anon
Team”s brass got free rooms for a week. Assuming end of June is not peak ski resort season. Give away a few rooms for free and bang out 100 rooms full price. Plus everyone has to eat and you’re kind of trapped there. so the restaurants will be full too. It’s a win win for everyone except the slobs from Shrewsbury who have to drive 4 hours instead of 15 minutes.
Heard it’s not mandatory for a few but most returners, tenders and draft picks are required to go, no matter where your from. Enjoy that $1200.00 waste of time!

Anon
Anon
Anon
Heard it’s not mandatory for a few but most returners, tenders and draft picks are required to go, no matter where your from. Enjoy that $1200.00 waste of time!
But its a "Free" Hockey League.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Yeah my son's now not going either. $370 For camp, $250.00 for his room, $300 in gas, plus food

I would expect to see much smaller main camp rosters this year. Returners, Tenders, Draft Picks, and invited age outs will be most of the attendance as families just don’t have the cash to waste on jumping from camp to camp trying to find a spot.

Anon
Any idea how many players going to Jay Peak?

Anon
Anon
120 players to date

Anon
Anon
Anon
120 players to date
Sounds about right. Need to fill an Elite, Premier, and NCDC team and a subset of kids won’t accept anything less than NCDC and another subset won’t accept anything less than Premier. Good luck to anyone going.

Anon
Boxing lessons.

Be ready to fight, several guys will be dropping the mitts to try and earn a spot and prove their toughness. Dont back down.

Anon
Anon
I\'m getting ready for my first main camp, what\'s the best way to prepare? I plan on skating 2 times a week and just keeping up with my office routine. Any tips?
Boxing lessons.

Be ready to fight, several guys will be dropping the mitts to try and earn a spot and prove their toughness. Dont back down.
F That. I'll chop his face off with my stick and bite his throat. Not worried about that at all.