High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Coach

anon
anon
Motts is the favorite. Vegas has 2-1 odds.
Motts has never even been a coach
Didn’t stop them from hiring amonte back in the day.

Billy Big Time gonna rock TA

Anon
anon
anon
Motts is the favorite. Vegas has 2-1 odds.
Motts has never even been a coach
Didn’t stop them from hiring amonte back in the day.
Did amonte have OUIs.

So what if he did- guy made a mistake years ago-

With everything going on in the world today, it isn't a deal breaker.

Motts would be the best choice by far.

anon

With everything going on in the world today, it isn't a deal breaker.

One of them was in 2020...not exactly years ago.

I get it - great people can have drinking problems.

anon
anon

With everything going on in the world today, it isn\'t a deal breaker.

Mott’s is a great guy and he cares about making kids better. He’s not one of these guys who only cares about his kid. Person slamming him on the post must be a real ass hole. My kid doesn’t play for him, I’m not friends with him, but the times my kid had been on the ice with him he seems genuine.

The guy has been handed things his whole life and doesn't seem appreciative. I don't think he's deserving of the job. If that makes me an a-hole then ok.

Amen

AMEN

Amen to what

I say give it to someone who actually needs the job and will work at it.

Anon
anon
anon

With everything going on in the world today, it isn\\\'t a deal breaker.

Mott’s is a great guy and he cares about making kids better. He’s not one of these guys who only cares about his kid. Person slamming him on the post must be a real ass hole. My kid doesn’t play for him, I’m not friends with him, but the times my kid had been on the ice with him he seems genuine.
meant 'AMEN' to this

Is it a known fact that MM even applied for the job?

Im curious why so many people here care who gets this job. Thayer is a small school that not many people even go to...are there that many Thayer hockey parents on dboard? Or maybe whoever keeps bringing this up applied? We'll find out eventually if we want to. There are a lot of thing in the hockey world I wonder about...this isn't one of them.

It's not a small school. 700 or so students. Not huge, but not small.

People care because it has a strong hockey tradition. Roenick, Amonte, and Silk, for starters, and a decent number of NHL and DI players (Whitney, Gaudette, others).

Also, the guy leaving is one of the best players ever to come out of this state. Very natural to wonder who would replace him.

But thanks for posting to tell us you don't care.

Wow you really care !

It's been decades since Thayer produced any nhl players.

Adam Gaudette is in the league right now, but thanks for posting.

This is a hockey board. Some people who post here played prep school hockey and/or have kids could do. I am not sure I "care," but I am interested. I said that above. I guess you don't care, cool guy, which makes me wonder why you're posting on this thread. I suppose you have to do something to kill those 15 minutes before you get back to serving fries.

Lol. I actually went to Thayer. I certainly don't serve fries for a living. Im also not a dude.

Again I'm just surprised over this little obsession of the wonder of what next hockey dad will be the coach here.

Anon
Lol. I actually went to Thayer. I certainly don't serve fries for a living. Im also not a dude.

Again I'm just surprised over this little obsession of the wonder of what next hockey dad will be the coach here.
Sister (allegedly), shove it up your rear.

Who ends up coaching there is incredibly interesting. Am I going to protest or lose sleep over it? No. Is this something that almost every person in the hockey world has mentioned either in the rink, over a beer in parking lot or at the bar? Absolutely.
How can you not root for a school that can't board players and has to take kids that live in rough proximity yet are able to go compete and sometimes beat teams that recruit players from all over the world?

A good portion of the folks on this board have kids already in prep, graduated from prep or about to make a decision on which prep school to attend so yeah, any insight as to who might be able to keep the train on the tracks in Braintree is kind of intriguing...you moron.

You are a salty loser who must have got cut from the team or your boyfriend was a hockey player who cheated on you relentlessly. Also possible your bender goes there and has no shot at playing for them. This is a anonymous chat room for rumors and gossip. Who is rumored to be taking over a program like Thayer is kind of what this d board was designed to do.

ANON
Anon
Lol. I actually went to Thayer. I certainly don\'t serve fries for a living. Im also not a dude.

Again I\'m just surprised over this little obsession of the wonder of what next hockey dad will be the coach here.

Who ends up coaching there is incredibly interesting. Am I going to protest or lose sleep over it? No. Is this something that almost every person in the hockey world has mentioned either in the rink, over a beer in parking lot or at the bar? Absolutely.
How can you not root for a school that can't board players and has to take kids that live in rough proximity yet are able to go compete and sometimes beat teams that recruit players from all over the world?

A good portion of the folks on this board have kids already in prep, graduated from prep or about to make a decision on which prep school to attend so yeah, any insight as to who might be able to keep the train on the tracks in Braintree is kind of intriguing...you moron.

You are a salty loser who must have got cut from the team or your boyfriend was a hockey player who cheated on you relentlessly. Also possible your bender goes there and has no shot at playing for them. This is a anonymous chat room for rumors and gossip. Who is rumored to be taking over a program like Thayer is kind of what this d board was designed to do.
stay classy !

Ooh Thayer who will be the next coach !

I'm gonna say the train is not on the tracks in Braintree. If your kid is really good at hockey you don't send them to Thayer anymore.

ANON
Anon
Lol. I actually went to Thayer. I certainly don\'t serve fries for a living. Im also not a dude.

Again I\'m just surprised over this little obsession of the wonder of what next hockey dad will be the coach here.

I love this guy and he is so right in his comments

Anon

Bullsh*t!

anon
Anon

Bullsh*t!
nope

Anon
Adam Gaudette is in the league right now, but thanks for posting.

This is a hockey board. Some people who post here played prep school hockey and/or have kids could do. I am not sure I "care," but I am interested. I said that above. I guess you don't care, cool guy, which makes me wonder why you're posting on this thread. I suppose you have to do something to kill those 15 minutes before you get back to serving fries.
Oh right and Adam gaudette played for BA and frequently gives thanks for his success to them

And he speaks very highly of Amonte as well. Thayer produces very good players. Not as many as some, but more than others. Just take the L.

Who’s “obsessed”? As I said before, I am interested. That’s it. I guess Thayer didn’t help your reading comprehension. Thayer isn’t what it used to be, but as high school jobs go, it’s still relatively significant. Again, this is a hockey board. People discuss hockey here, except for the numerous trolls who come on here for reasons I don’t understand. What else are people supposed to talk about? Our favorite recipes?

Let me know if you need me to explain anything else to you, distinguished Thayer graduate.

Good luck ! Hope you get the job and turn the team around

You are legitimately an idiot. I knew Thayer wasn't Andover, but you give it a bad name. I did not apply for the job. As someone above noted, many people on this forum played high school and/or prep hockey and/or have kids who do. Therefore, they are interested in it.

The name of this forum is "high school and prep hockey." Since you're apparently too dumb to figure it out, I'll clue you in that the topic of conversation in this forum is usually high school and prep hockey. So when you come on a forum entitled "high school and prep hockey" and criticize people for talking about high school and prep hockey, that makes you the moron - not everyone else.

The way the Internet works is that if you don't want to talk about high school and prep hockey, don't come to a forum called "high school and prep hockey." You won't be missed.

I’m picking the next coach. No applications. No interviews.

Are there actually any quality U14/15 hockey players considering TA? Better question, is TA actually inviting any quality hockey players to go thru the process, aka recruited? Most of the 14/15 kids on the ice with their colors are midlings and/or check writers. Without Amonte’s draw, what do you have for a lure?

Anon
Are there actually any quality U14/15 hockey players considering TA? Better question, is TA actually inviting any quality hockey players to go thru the process, aka recruited? Most of the 14/15 kids on the ice with their colors are midlings and/or check writers. Without Amonte’s draw, what do you have for a lure?
How about a solid education

Anon
How about a solid education?

anon
Anon
I can't say most of the hockey players there really cared about the education piece...but not many kids do.

I heard it's DH.

anon
anon
Anon
I can't say most of the hockey players there really cared about the education piece...but not many kids do.

I heard it's DH.
TB and or JS

anon
anon
anon
Anon
I can\'t say most of the hockey players there really cared about the education piece...but not many kids do.

I heard it\'s DH.
TB and or JS
who are they?

Anon
U15 kid from the Rats is excellent.

Announcement on new Thayer coach coming out today

Anon
Announcement on new Thayer coach coming out today
no it isn't

i thought it was being announced last monday.

anon
Yes.

He announced it himself publicly.

Anon
anon
Yes.

He didn't get it

anon
Anon
anon
Yes.

He didn't get it
yeah he did

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Yes.

He didn\'t get it
yeah he did
If he did then that's a school my kids will never go to. Place has gone downhill.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Yes.

He didn\\\'t get it
yeah he did
If he did then that's a school my kids will never go to. Place has gone downhill.
my guess is that your kids would never play there

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Yes.

He didn\\\\\\\'t get it
yeah he did
If he did then that\'s a school my kids will never go to. Place has gone downhill.
guess again

Has anything been announced? I don't really care who ends up coaching but I heard it will NOT be MM but another Thayer grad who is big on the hockey scene.

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Yes.

He didn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t get it
yeah he did
If he did then that\\\'s a school my kids will never go to. Place has gone downhill.
guess again
Ouch!

Fastball off the mustache!!

If they've made a decision why no announcement? What's the hold up ?

Make sure he accepts and signs contract.

Anon
So who is it ? If anyone here actually knows

Anon
Anon
Someone let us know if Motts is wearing a Thayer jacket in Hudson this weekend ?

Anon
Anon
JC one of final 3.

oops

https://www.hockeyjournal.com/top-18u-players-from-beast-columbus-day-showcase/

still no announcement on this? Will there even be a coach this season?

anon
still no announcement on this? Will there even be a coach this season?
BT, will be back from FLA to lead TA team to prep finals . $

why do people keep using initials? Just say the names already