Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Men's NCAA Div II

Go all the way down to the bottom of the page and read the asterisk.. the scholarship award you are looking at is the average of all sports. So in the case of St A's and St mike's etc that is money for baseball, basketball, football and other sports, not hockey.

Look its pretty simple really, the only schools that have D2 hockey are the 6 listed in my earlier post. They do NOT give athletic scholarships for hockey because they play a D3 schedule. If they decided to play the D2 teams and D1 they could give money. They play against D3 teams so they agreed no scholarships.

Bemidji, Minn Mankato, Bently, etc etc are D2 schools that give scholarships but they play at the D1 level.

Gottcha. Thanks for clarifying and honestly with all of the schools adding lacrosse (not to mention the lower cost, shorter 'season,' no need for a year or two of Jr.s...) I regret my kid stayed with hockey. In our town I'm seeing clearly un-athletic kids / overweight, slow...walking right onto D-3 teams and quasi-athletic kids going d-1 with athletic kids getting full rides.

Oh to do it over again.

Give me a third string division 3 defensive bac, a lax stick and about 15 minutes and I will give you a division 1 All American lax player!! Biggest bunch of wine and cheese pussies ever!

Jim Brown
Give me a third string division 3 defensive bac, a lax stick and about 15 minutes and I will give you a division 1 All American lax player!! Biggest bunch of wine and cheese pussies ever!

I love this post. So true.