Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: UMASS..... really?

First off, I think you should give this coach a chance. Again saying that he is a .500 coach is misleading when you look at where he finished since he took over. Went from dead last to 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 4th. Not as bad as you think it is.

Also, you might want to look at Northeasterns roster again. 6 kids from mass. 4 played a significant amount and 2 of the 4 transferred from BU. So their first choice was BU. The top tier kids want to play for BC and BU and the rest get the second tier. Yes there ae some that might choose another school over BC or BU but not that many. Coaches are forced to look outside Mass to find kids.

Re: UMASS..... really?

You are right, no complaints with what you wrote. However Northeastern is active locally more than most and I think the post was about their local commits that aren't in the school yet. At least they're looking and I've even seen their assistant coach at a few high school games watching their commits and looking for others - I can't think of another school being around other than prep games.